Strike (TV seties)

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 5. Sep 2017, 05:51 in Community Chit-chat archive
I am enjoying this series but surely if they had tried the BBC could have found an actor who really did have a prosthetic leg rather than use CGI?
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• rondetto
    rondetto Member Posts: 2,526
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Marvelous story and Tom Burke is one of our best actors in the country. He plays the title role excellently al la Columbo style.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Having read all three Strike novels I am pretty happy that the actors reasonably reflect my images of the characters apart from Strike: Strike doesn't have a hare lip but has unkempt hair. (TB does and doesn't.) The troubles with his falsie is dealt with far better in the books (I felt the aches and pains) but that's no surprise - Rowling was meticulous in her research. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    I've watched it but I can't warm to the main character. As I've not read the book I'm not sure whether this is the character himself or the actor involved. I know we're supposed to believe he lost his leg heroically as a soldier but, as he seems addicted to cigarettes......
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    I loved it, can't wait to see if Silkworm is as good. :D

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein