Pocket duties

Slosh
Slosh Member Posts: 3,194
edited 31. Dec 2017, 05:42 in Living with Arthritis archive
This may be the last request of the year!
I have a physio appointment tomorrow, Friday at 1.00, back at my local hospital and made following my pain clinic appointment so I presume it's to see if there are any exercises that might help.

If anyone is free pop along
He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
Julian of Norwich

Comments

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,280
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Count me in slosh..I really hope they can give you exercises to help ..x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    I'll be there, physio is always useful but I would be the first to admit that maintaining the motivation is not easy! Please let us know how you get on. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • Slosh
    Will do. Think I feel a new years resolution coming on.
    He did not say you will not be storm tossed, you will not be sore distressed, you will not be work weary. He said you will not be overcome.
    Julian of Norwich
  • Slosh
    Well I was prodded to find out where my pain is and then put through my paces so to speak. She was pleased with my range of movement in my neck and shoulders although she could see it was painful.
    I have been given some exercises for my neck and shoulders with the aim of relaxing the muscles and releasing endorphins.
    Very high tec, my programme has been emailed to me along with videos showing how to do the exercises correctly.
    I found it interesting to see how wide ranging the scope of physio is, before it has been about regaining movement and muscle strength, this time about relaxing muscles to reduce pain and (hopefully) improve my sleep.
    Repeat appointment on 31st Jan so with other appointments on the 26th and 29th Jan I will be offering a three for two deal on pocket duties!
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    There is more to physio than meets the untrained eye and I hope this new regimen helps. How lovely that you surprised her with your ROM and I hope it pleased you too: sometimes we get so lost in all that is going wrong that we don't notice or appreciate what is going right. DD
  • Slosh
    I was pleased with it too, especially my neck.
    Julian of Norwich
  • dreamdaisy
    That has to be seen as a good thing, sometimes we pleasantly surprise ourselves and there's nothing wrong with that. We might think we don't have much left (relative to what we used to take for granted) but making do with what we have is our new 'raison d'etre'. It's not fair, reasonable or right but neither is life. I really don't understand why humans try to impose their artificial moral code on something so random: the arrogance of humanity writ large, methinks. DD
  • GraceB
    GraceB Member Posts: 1,595
    Sorry I missed the pocket duties Slosh. I'll be ready for the next batch of appointments though, so please put me on the list as an early "reservation". (Will there be a coffee available?).

Good to hear that you got on okay. Very impressed re the email - sounds like your physio is on the ball regarding that. It's very easy to forget what to do between appointments in my view.

GraceB
    Turn a negative into a positive!
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :oops: Me too but I'm very pleased it went well and clearly you are already doing much that is right. Releasing endorphins sounds likea very aappealing reason to exercise. I hope it does and will be available for your January bogoff. Should I bring a tent?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright