I know I'm anxious.....

2»

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Our son, dil and grandson are going to the coast for 3-4 days and asked if we'd like to join them as there is a ground floor bedroom and loo.

Mr SW decided maybe not as, he explained to me, when you're in a bit of pain and not very stable on your feet, you don't really want to be walking down an unknown corridor to an unknown loo in the night plus you don't know how accessible the loo or how comfy the bed will be.

I relayed this to a good, also arthritic, friend who is very fond of Mr SW. "Did you" she asked "wallop him?"

"No" I replied "but I did ask him to try to remember that once he'd recovered and bear it in mind next time he wanted us to go traipsing off to strange places."

(He's off the strong pain relief. We celebrated last night with a bottle of Chenin Blanc :D - our first for over 3 weeks :shock: )
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • daffy2
    daffy2 Member Posts: 1,636
    What's that saying about "Walk a mile in the other (wo)man's shoes"...
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,697
    :lol:

Today, having noted that the gritter had been round in the night and spoken of slush on top of the grit, he thought he might try a first walk down the street :shock:
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • mig
    mig Member Posts: 7,154
    :roll: