hello

Options
bondy104
bondy104 Member Posts: 6
edited 28. Nov 2023, 14:05 in Living with arthritis
my name is Chris, I've been living with Arthritis since I was 18. I was told it was in my neck, over the years I've steadily got worse and I've had a knee replacement, pin in my toe and now my other knee is going the same way. My right hand and elbow are now developing Arthritis as well.i joined versus arthritis, so that I can support others but also get support for myself.
Tagged:

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options

Hello, I began psoriatic arthritis (PsA) in 1997 when I was 37 then osteoarthritis was diagnosed when I was 52. I was refused new knees then due to extreme youth and am now 61. The PsA affects my toes, both knees, fingers and elbows, the OA both ankles, both knees, both hips, both wrists and one shoulder. The rest of me is currently OK but no doubt will cop it too due to ageing.

I prefer the OA because that is polite enough to warn me when it will play up more than usual whereas the other is devious, sly and underhand. When the PsA flares it is for weeks at a time, usually rendering me bedbound, whereas the OA worsens temporarily then returns to its usual junk. The meds for the PsA do nothing for the OA which I dealt with by taking minimal pain relief, doing appropriate exercise and resting. DD

Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben