GUIDANCE FOR MENTAL HEALTH WELLBEING DURING LOCKDOWN

Options

Hi everyone,

Now that we are in lockdown I have to shield again indefinitely and I find that spending an hour in my garden (wrapped up warmly) does help with my mental wellbeing and I find that just being in the fresh air does help.

Indoors I have been catching up reading my books and doing word searches which help to stimulate my brain. I do worry about what is going to happen in the future regarding my job, etc, but this is now something which is out of my control. I hope that when we all receive the vaccine the end will then be in sight for Coronavirus.

Stay safe everyone

Karen

🐶

Tagged:

Comments

• YvonneH
    YvonneH Member Posts: 1,076
    Options

Hi @Kazza52

What a good idea, you are right the last 12 months have been incredibly stressful and now we find ourselves back indoors and facing restrictions. It's important to feel some control over our lives - for me that out of control feeling is destructive and devastating. Mindfulness and taking charge of our mental health is one of my ways to reduce those feelings.

Here is what we have on our website

It's comprehensive and good for beginners as well as more experienced, and it also has links for exercise, hints and tips and wellbeing at the end of the piece.

Let's all share our ideas on taking good care of our mental health

Take care

Yvonne x

• Brynmor
    Brynmor Member Posts: 1,755
    Options

Bumping this up so we can get more suggestions of how we can look after our mental health as lockdown continues.