Does anyone else suffer muscle spasms in the leg affected by the arthritis?

mickH
mickH Member Posts: 2

I have been told I will eventually need a new hip, which i am resigned to, but i am having really painful muscle spasms and i wonder if anyone else has these

Comments

• Ellen
    Ellen Moderator Posts: 1,176

Hello @mickH

Welcome to the Online community.

I see you are experiencing painful muscle spasms and have been told you will need a new hip in time. I am presuming this is as a result of Osteoarthritis - apologies if it's a different form of Arthritis. Can I ask where the spasms are?

This information about Hip Osteoarthritis https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-arthritis/conditions/osteoarthritis-oa-of-the-hip/ I don't know if any of the information strikes a chord with you.

There is lots of really useful advice to help you with your hip.

I'll leave our members to share any experience they may have.

Best wishes

Ellen.

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 28,076

Hi @mickH

Nice to meet you 🙂 I'm sorry i don't have hip OA (yet) you have my sympathy.

I get muscle spasms in my back sometimes and also shooting pains in my foot (horrible can't get to sleep - every time I drop off another one comes) from time to time.

Is your pain like cramp and where exactly is it?

There are a few people popping in regularly who have hip OA so I'm sure they'll come along to help soon.

Take care

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992

I get spasms in my legs sometimes as well, usually at night, like an electric shock down the leg and centred around the knee. I stand and bang my foot against the floor a few times and eventually the pain eases off. Strangely enough I have never mentioned this to my GP and it happens so infrequently that it was your post which reminded me as it is the least of my problems!

Who's Online

helpline_team
helpline_team
toady
toady
+8 Guests