knee buckling very sore

celebrationb
celebrationb Member Posts: 134
edited 8. Jun 2021, 13:00 in Chat to our Helpline Team

I have osteoarthritis in both knees but the right knee worsted. I am having me knee giving away or i call it buckling. Over the year i have put weight on which now are trying to take it off. Also trying to exercise a little bit more. We are self employed so work has not been coming in so not as active.

Been in touch doc but they are not doing pain client but it been buckling nearly every day now. am worried about it as work coming in.

Can you suggest anything to help?.. i heard turmeric good but not sure if i take it with my tablets.

Can you suggest anything please its getting me down..

sorry I have not been here for long time thank you for helping..

Janet

Comments

• Hi Janet

Sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time with your knee. If I'm right, what might really help would be some more medical support or advice. If the knee is giving way a lot then probably someone needs to examine it and see what they think.

If you could see a physiotherapist they could see what exercises might help to strengthen the knee.

Well done about trying to lose weight - that and exercise is very helpful.

I don't know what kind of work you do, but being able to alternate moving with sitting might be really helpful.

About supplements such as turmeric - their value is very mild (for more about supplements, see our diet information & the link below). Losing overweight and getting fitter is probably more encouraged from the point of view of strong supporting evidence.

I wonder if you'd like a chat about things? You would be most welcome to ring us here on our freephone 0800 5200 520.

Eating well with arthritis | healthy eating for people with arthritis (versusarthritis.org)

Exercising with arthritis | Top tips, specific exercises (versusarthritis.org)

Very best wishes

Guy - Helpline Team

• celebrationb
    celebrationb Member Posts: 134

thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I will give you a ring this week.

Janet