I stopped working 9 years ago mainly due to a neurological condition then developed OA in my left elbow because of the extra stress on my joints (crutches, wheelchair) I think the right elbow is going the same way..
I always wanted to go to art college but at the time teachers/careers advisers advised against it.
So as soon as I had all the free time I worked with stone (ouch!) then some clay, now I've just started using wax with the intention of getting it cast in bronze. If you look up Castle Fine Arts Foundry - Free Wax, they'll send you a small block of free modelling wax by post and if you like what you've made, you send it back and they'll cast it in bronze for the introductory offer of £75!
Don't be put off by the hardness of the wax, if you chop off little bits at a time it soon becomes workable in your fingers.
Big Cat - about 3" tall and 5" long (ok, not so big)
- All Categories
- 1.9K Welcome
- 4.9K Say Hello
- 16 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.1K Our Community
- 643 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 3.6K Living with arthritis
- 31 Hints and Tips
- 210 Work and financial support
- 382 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 36 My Triumphs
- 126 Let's Move
- 22 Sports and Hobbies
- 10 Food and Diet
- 256 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 327 Chat and News
- 28 Val's Cafe
- 264 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe