Severely painful knee/ nerve pain up and down leg and now numbness

Options

Had a bit of a rattly sore knee for a long time now. Recently had it xrayed by my rhuematologist. I went to sit in a low comfy chair in a carfe and - oh boy did it hurt. Then just normal pain until about 3 days ago when the pain has been unbearable. Keeps giving way on me, and this afternoon the skin on my leg has become numb.

Anyone else had this, and how was it treated. I am taking Sulfalasalsine, Naproxen, paracetamol and codeine. I also have Psariatic arthritis.

Comments

• Chris_R
    Chris_R Moderator Posts: 796
    edited 17. Dec 2021, 18:37
    Options

Hi @Angiebabe55

Welcome to the online community, great you have found us. You say you have had a sore knee for a long time now and recently had an xray ,also you have psoriatic arthritis. You dont say what the Rhumatologist said about the results of the xray and what the intending treatment is to be.Or are you still waiting for the results?

Hopefully your Rhumatologist will be back to you in a little while, meanwhile i have a link that may help you to deal with the pain

Hope these links help you in some way.

Please tell us how you get on and do go to our forums and chat to others everyone is friendly and will welcome you and understand what you are going through.

All the best Christine

Need more help? - call our Helpline on 0800 5200 520 Monday to Friday 9am to 6pm

• Angiebabe55
    Options

Hi. I havent had the results of the xray yet. I was hoping to speak to the rheumatologist today, but he didnt phone back. I have been awake all night again as I could not get comfortable. Cant take any more painkillers till around 9 in the morning, so I have used my heated wheaty bag, which helped a little. The skin on my lower legs is quite numb now. I am out of ideas as to how to deal with this.