I've had a call with my GP about the possibility of prescribing Capsaicin Cream or Ointment which he wasn't keen to do as in his opinion it wasn't a known treatment for OA as far as he was concerned.
So, being the determined sort of bloke I am, I've googled it and it can be bought over the counter or mail order, presumably in weaker preparations.
My questions to the Forum are: 1/ Is it worth buying over the counter? and 2/ Any recommended brands anyone is aware of?
- All Categories
- 2.3K Welcome
- 17 How to use your online community
- 30 Help, Guidelines and Get in Touch
- 40.4K Our Community
- 8.7K Living with arthritis
- 53 Hints and Tips
- 222 Work and financial support
- 675 Chat to our Helpline Team
- 2 Want to Get Involved?
- 390 Young people's community
- 7 Parents of Children with Arthritis
- 40 My Triumphs
- 132 Let's Move
- 24 Sports and Hobbies
- 14 Food and Diet
- 257 Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- 16 Community Feedback and ideas
- 335 Chat and News
- 30 Val's Cafe
- 270 Chit chat
- 11 News
- 4 Tails From The Cafe