go on joan what next
    val
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    You are naughty people :shock:

I was going to bed early but am gripped by all this chatter :roll: :roll:
    So glad to have found this site you really are lovely people but must log off now. Will catch up tom. Hope you have a better night Trish.

ps my cats were called Ricky and Reggie, I also fostered Cleo and Tiger when their mum was in Belguim for a year. They all have a special place in my heart, I do miss them. Looking forward to Florida and all things Disney, especially Dumbo.
    take care all
    Chris :wink:
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Chris
    There you can go and wish on a star. ahh

I love Florida Fort Lauderdale, Palm Springs, The Orange groves, I have been to a few places there.

Night night Chris God Bless
    trish xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    valval wrote:
    go on joan what next

Basnet led us slowly out of the pyramid, and we shook her by the paw as we thanked her for guiding us.

We made our way back to the hotel, all the time trying to ponder the implications of everything which had happened to us. Suddenly, there before us stood our captain, and immediately, we fell on the floor at his feet, shouting out rude comments, and laughing loudly. But he was not impressed. He had seen it all before, a thousand times.

"Good Evening, ladies", he said, as he stepped over us with a bored expression on his face. "Sleep well".

So there you are :!: Cursed for ever, but maybe we don't mind too much :!: :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Joan

Can you tell us where you were when Val nearly gave birth, but it was the stick of my brolly.
    When someone told the camel to giddy up?The Camel then took a life of it's own?

You are the guide where were you??
    trish xx
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Trisher

I think I was in the pyramid admiring that naked statue of Rehab :!: I still haven't recovered from the shock yet

c029.gif

Joan :lol:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Shipmates

PHEW :!: :!: That was quite an adventure last night :!: :lol: I hope you have all recovered by now, especially Val, who apparently gave birth to an umbrella :!: a045.gif

I think it might be safer to leave Egypy far behind, and Trisher would like to go to Florida. Although the SkylARC left the USA quite a while ago, we will double back for Trisher, so Florida tonight it is. I'm slightly nervous about the crocodiles which live there though. Still, Val can bring that umbrella to protect us :!: u075.gif

See you later, alligator :!: :!:

Joan :D
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    have washed it all clean but still sitting on rubber ring lol
    val
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    valval wrote:
    have washed it all clean but still sitting on rubber ring lol
    Hi Val,can i share your rubber ring love,that camel rides left me a bit sore in the Nether regions :shock: :oops:
    What an adventure :roll: it always happens to us ah kid :wink:
    Right can we behave in Florida :wink: best get me head down as you never know whats gonna happen on this world cruise.

1 word of warning,Do Not go on a golf course chasing bull frogs after dark :wink: I tell you why later :wink:
    luv debs
  • valval
    Options
    here oh got me two so u have this one. can not wait to find out why u would want to
    val
  • minky67
    Options
    I bet you all know really.
    thanks for the loan of the rubber ring Val,ah thats better :oops: It was a long ride on that camel.
    hope you recover soon Val,Trishers quiet is she ok after the lastest Adventure.perhaps just recharging her batteries :wink:
    luv debs
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Val, Debs,
    I have a large rubber ring for borrowing as it seems to be my fault that you are both in this state. Just a mo while I steal it from under the cat..........hmmmm, there you are!

Florida next, eh? I remember reading some time ago about the Everglades, is that the right place? My impression is that they were full of creepy-crawlies..................but I could be wrong, it might be crocodiles, or possibly both.

Think I better have a night with my feet up, not charging about Egypt, for a change; hopefully then I will have the energy to do something constructive about the creepies and the crocs.

Luv n' hugs
    Annie
  • minky67
    Options
    OK, Annie & Val,i'll let you know why not to chase bullfrogs after dark in florida.

Alligators come out of the water after dark to feed on the said bull frog.Easy Prey.
    So if were heading that way im not playing golf Or venturing out after dark.
    I have a friend who holidayed there,had a few too many to drink & decided to run around a golf course after these Bull frogs.He then got up then next morning & was told by the waiter why he shouldnt have done that & he was luck to have legs.LEGLESS took on another meaning after that :shock: :lol:
    debs
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi

I was going to suggest a trip on one of those air boats which you can go on in the Everglades, but now I'm not so sure. I've just discovered that there is an invasion of people-eating snakes in the area. Two kinds of snakes have escaped from captivity at some time, and now they have mated and produced super-snakes, capable of devouring humans :!: :!: a108.gif

Joan
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Simple, Joan. We use Fat Kev as bait, then we can explore undisturbed. :wink: Don't forget your high lace-up boots and plus fours, very necessary with snakes around.
    For further help I brought back a souvenir from Egypt - a snake charmer :!:
    He's lost his flute, but I'm sure he'll find something to help. His name is Hashmir D. Lord - he does remind me of someone, but I can't think who.
    I can hardly wait to meet a very large snake!

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    hi all hope u ready for trip of a life time trisher watch where the brolly goes today lol. put a scarf on to keep my hair still and strong boots and trousers tucked in socks look lovely top fasion lol. when we going have i time 4 t first
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Folks

Well off we go on our tour of the Everglades, a sub-tropical wilderness, with cypress swamps, pinelands, and sawgrass prairies. At Florida Bay we might see coral and sponges, as well as the endangered Green Turtle, if we are lucky. a050.gif

Then there is the Key Largo Cotton mouse, the American crocodile, and the swallowtail butterfly, so all you nature lovers should be happy.

I'm still worried about these snakes though. I've just read that it is estimated that 150,000 Burmese pythons are thought to be on the loose. They can grow up to 18ft long, and one of them strangled a 2-year old in her cot not long ago. There are also Nile lizards which grow to 7ft long, so I think we are seriously in need of the services of Hashmir D Lord and Fat Kev if we are to get back in one piece
    :!: Where's that captain though :?: :?: :?: I will have to have a serious talk with him in my best teacher voice. No-one dares to disobey that :!: :!: :shock: :shock:

Joan
  • valval
    Options
    joan the butterflys lovely glad oh fetched his ben. so i could see them. we r just passing under a tree as i look up staring down at trisher is the largest snake u ever did see. was just about to grab the umbrella to ward it off, when it slipped its body down and snatched rehab from right beside me. debs with quick thinking stabbed it in the eye, but it just slivered further up into the tree taking rehab with it .what will we do who will save him will fat kev go or will it be trisher and debs
    g015.gif
    val
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Worry not! In the twinkling of an eye Hashmir D Lord has made a pipe from some thick reed stem...........he's playing some really dreamy music now...........LOOK :!: :!: :!:

The snake has slithered down the tree towards us ........OH NO! NO!

(and there's no sign of Rehab).........

Annie
  • valval
    Options
    so where is rehab .will we ever see him again. is he a snakes dinner??????
    val
  • valval
    Options
    well from accross the tops of the trees comes this strange sight. long blond hair srips of animal skin in all the right places swinging from tree to tree,was the most amazing female u ever did see. on her back non other than our rehab with the biggest smile u ever did see. why well that for him to tell but the lovely lady was all smiles as well not a word of english did she speak but that would never stop our lord and master. as for the snake well u tell me.
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi all

Phew, that was a close shave :!: :!: Typical that the captain found a female companion, even in the midst of being eaten by a snake :!: :lol: Was she Tarzan's Jane, I wonder :?:

Thank goodness for Hashmir D. Lord as well. That music is still playing. I'm beginning to sway from side to side in a hypnotic trance :shock: Hashmir is charming me as well as the snake. Suddenly, he looks like the most handsome man in the world, and I can't resist his charms. He has me in his power, I'm drawn towards him, but the spell is broken in the nick of time when a huge crocodile lunges up out of the water and swallows Hashmir and the snake in one mouthful :!: d020.gif

Poor Hashmir :!: That was the end of him, but at least my virtue is still intact :roll: Saved by the croc :!:

Joan
  • minky67
    Options
    Well val my secret is out,that was my alto ego,debersazipan.
    As for the snake,its mince meat.
    Got a nice range of new shoes out of the skin too.
    Rehabs got a new range too.
    That was 1 hell of a big snake it nearly got the 2 of us.Luckily i sprayed it with me snake repellent,straight in its eyes,then grabbed the Rambo replica knife that i always carry.Slit it open & out fell a dishevelled Rehab,i gave him the kiss of life(he took a long time to come round for some reason)as he grasped for his breathe,i wiped him over with my loin cloth & he seemed to need the kiss of life again.finally he seemed to recover,the quickest way back was through trees,so he readily climbed on my back & we swung through the trees to safety not realizing my cover was to be blown(it was the long blonde hair that gave me away)
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Debs

The lengths Captain Rehab will go to just to get a kiss :!: :!: :roll: Good job you cut him free before the croc swallowed the snake, or it would have been au revoir captain too :!:

Joan
  • minky67
    Options
    Yes Joan,i hope he knows what length us girlies go to to save his @rse :roll:
    All this swing through trees aint no good for the arthur but we are on holiday from that.
    I thought we might have had a swashbuckling adventure with the umbrella but that may come later on in the trip. :lol:
    debs