Forum World Cruise Part 2

Options

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Have you got any kind of back-up system if there is a power cut? This is not something I've come across before and I'm fascinated!
    Dad had ordinary cylinders at home which they showed us how to change, but that was nearly 20 years ago.

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Yes I have a cylinder as back up.

Also the fire service has my name and address so if there is a power cut they know that I might need oxygen cylinders.

I'm not sure on this bit which was on the forrm, they try to get your electicity on first. I cannot see how that works but they do know who has oxygen.

The doctors have said that I will need to go on a ventilator in the near future. I'm not giving in without a fight though.
  • trisher
    edited 31. Oct 2009, 16:45
    Options
    Yes your dad probaly had those great big cylinders, they are so heavy to move around are'nt they?

British oxygen do not supply it now. I cannot think of the name of the company that does it. It will though, when we are taing about some I'll suddenly think of it.

I used to have those big cylinders at home. You use that spanner to open it. Is that right.
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi all,were are we up to now,fire drill or are moving on.
    This cowboy outfit is getting kinda ichy :wink: & the spurs have been digging in.so if were not off to texas can i please take them off :wink::lol:
    debs
  • trisher
    Options
    Hello Debs,

Where have you been? Did you know we were back on yesterday?

We have not seen Val or Chris so if your itchy you can take them off. We do not want you to get Chaff marks.

We had to abandon ship earlier. The captain made us. We were all squeezed up togeather. Your will have to see him cus he sure keeps his water wings in a funny place. :shock:

trish xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Debs

Sorry, I forgot that you were still wearing that outfit. We won't keep you waiting any longer. Texas here we come :!: :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Debs

Sorry, I forgot that you were still wearing that outfit. We won't keep you waiting any longer. Texas here we come :!: :!:

Joan

Hello Joan

Come on join us in our chatter while we are sitting in this lfe boat. We are waiting orders that we can rejoin our ship.

trish xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Are we going there first now Joan? Caan we come back on board? I do not mind.

Why was it only Annie and myself had to abandon ship?

trish
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    YeeHar! Can I remove these wet water wings now? They've been clinging and pleading with me for hours (oooh, that's you down there, Rehab. I thought they were making a funny noise).

If we can back on board ship, I'll be off to my cabin for the trip to Texas, I like these overnight journeys, might be soothed enough to get a bit of kip. I'm exhausted with all this to-ing and fro-ing tonight.

See you all tomorrow, nite, nite and don't let the bugs bite!
    Annie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Trisher

It was nice of the captain to put in an appearance, wasn't it, even if he did order us all off the ship. He's disappeared again now, and didn't tell us who was going to row the lifeboat back to the ship. We seem to have made it anyway.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    Good night Annie

Try and have a peaceful night God Bless

trish xx will remember to pm you x
  • trisher
    Options
    Joan

He seemed to like it on that life raft but I think he ran out of steam :!:

Anyway off we go

trisher
  • minky67
    Options
    Ive got a bit used to the cowgirl outfit now.tassles & spurs coming in handy as the OH turns in his sleep.
    see you all in Texas YE HA :lol:
    debs
  • trisher
    Options
    minky67 wrote:
    Ive got a bit used to the cowgirl outfit now.tassles & spurs coming in handy as the OH turns in his sleep.
    see you all in Texas YE HA :lol:
    debs

Debs

Should be careful with those spurs you mention OH turning could be painful

trisher xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Joan,

Put me out of my misery, what computerised cards do you mean with robins in the middle??

What are they???

love trisher xx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi all

Just trying to catch up here? You lose a day or two and heaven knows wot has happened :? I think I saw Texas next? do we all have to wear them big hats and cowboy boots. Do love them boots. :D Can't ride a horse though, only went once and fell off. It was not one of my better days! :oops:
    Chris :wink:
  • trisher
    Options
    chris7 wrote:
    Hi all

Just trying to catch up here? You lose a day or two and heaven knows wot has happened :? I think I saw Texas next? do we all have to wear them big hats and cowboy boots. Do love them boots. :D Can't ride a horse though, only went once and fell off. It was not one of my better days! :oops:

Hi Chris

We had to go to texas, because you and Val were missing yesterday. So we did not go to Disney, I presume we will go there when we are all togeather again

trish xx
  • minky67
    Options
    Hi all,here we are.
    what are we gonna get upto whist were here i wonder.
    i just spotted a little town down the road & it looks like something out of The good,the bad & the ugly.
    Think i might go have a look at that,any1 gonna join me.
    Looks a bit scary :shock:
    debs
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Trisher

Nice to be back (and visible :) ) Texas sounds fine. I want a big hat
    c055.gif
    Perhaps someone might be able to teach to ride. I won't hold my breath mind. Hope you had a reasonable day, glad to see you posting even if you were playing strip bingo with rehab :roll:
    Hope you won? :shock:
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Debs

Sorry missed you there. Sure lets go investigate, I'm ready I think?
    k030.gif
  • trisher
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Welcome back. We went to Texas, because you and Val were not about to go to Orlando.

We will double back and go there when we are all togeather. Si if Joan, Debs and yourself about we can go there.

I've never been there. Have you seen Annie post today, anyone?

trisher xx
  • trisher
    Options
    Deb

Never go on your own. You never know who you will meet. Have you got your horse sorted, Chris on hers. what about Joan.

Hey that might be fun st all stroll into the bar over there, order a drink, then push it down the bar counter, like all cowboys do.

trisher xx
  • chris7
    Options
    Oh yes

Can we find a saloon and slide drinks down the bar please? Sounds like fun, always wanted to do that. c060.gif
    No haven't seen Annie or Cris today Trisher, hope they are just busy and keeping ok
  • minky67
    Options
    Here Chris,i found you a suitable horse to start you off on your 1st lesson
    a010.gif:wink:
    we'll have a slow trot over to that saloon.
    Right thats it 1 foot in the spurrip,leg over & OH DEAR not good at this are you.You have to sit on the horse Not just fall off the other side :roll: :lol: Right shall we try that again.Oh Dear this just aint working is is. :lol:
    debs
  • chris7
    Options
    Hi Debs

Thanks think I need alot of lessons s035.gif
    I love horses but if think I am too nervous of them and they know it. They are such sensible creatures.
    Will keep trying.
    Chris