im preg!!!???? on meds!

Options
kezzo1
kezzo1 Member Posts: 171
edited 1. Dec 2009, 12:19 in Living with Arthritis archive
just literally found out im preg!! scared to say the least its un planned, im o mtx 15mg and humira i know i shouldnt get preg on these and dont know what to do?? will i miss carry?? has anyone has a sucessful preg while getting caught on meds?? i havnt told my partner yet hes due home from work at 6pm so scared not ready for another baby yet. x :cry:

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,477
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Oh Kezzo
    Congratulations!
    Get straight onto the rheumy nurses and get some advice failing that NHS direct. I am sure they will try to help you and baby - early scans and the like - try not to worry and make sure you let us/me know how you are doing!
    Love
    Toni xx
  • kezzo1
    Options
    thanks but i really dont know how to feel about it all still in shock i guess!! not ready for a baby my lil girl just hitting terrible 2's at the min. at scared how the ra will be too. on my days x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Kezzo
    Yes she is only little isn't she?
    Mmmm...have you got any advice yet?
    The only thing I remember is you have to come off the mtx, but can still take steroids....
    although some people are quite well while they are preg so you never know.
    Very best of luck
    Toni xx
  • debatat
    debatat Member Posts: 659
    Options
    Hi Kezzo, congratulations!!! I can understand your mixed emotions. You do need to get some advice about the meds, there are plenty of options of meds you can safely take. Speak to your rheumy nurse and get some advice.

Take care

Deb x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Kezzo,

what a shock for you and lots of emotions going on.

Do talk to someone (NHS Direct or GP out of hours etc) if you haven't done so already. I too take MTX and know that it is usually always avoided in pregnancy.

No point in worrying until you speak to someone, but do try to speak to someone ASAP so that you can put your mind at rest.

all the best
    wonky
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Hi Kezzo

I should think you are in shock, you poor love, if you were not expecting it although some time ago you did post about what if you got pregnant whilst taking meds. As others have said, you need some advice. I hope you feel a little calmer now.

Luv
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Oh Kezzo,

I don't know whether to congratulate or commiserate - you need to talk things over with your partner and then your Rheumy.

Take care.

Luv Legs :?
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • c4thyg
    c4thyg Member Posts: 542
    Options
    First of all congratulations. :D

I just wanted to say that you (we) are not advised to get pregnant while on MTX or humira. This is simply because there isn't enough data about the safety, it DOES NOT mean that anything will go wrong. Please talk to your partner and the rheumy nurse asap for advice. They will know more than we will. But for now please keep calm and try to enjoy the surprise.

I have to say I'm a little envious! :)
    All the best and let us know how you get on.
    Cathy
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    HI,
    What a surprise! :shock: Congratulations, I hope all goes well. I expect you'll be fine when you get over the shock and your daughter will be 3 when the baby comes. Love Sue
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Nothing is proven with these meds.So just get on the phone or straight to your GPand they will advise you from here.
    Congratulations.Hope you are getting over the shock

tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Kezzo

I can understand your shock and apprehension at finding out you are pregnant, but I'm sure all will be well. Obviously, you need advice, but I think you can't be the first person who has been caught out this way, so the doctors will be able to advise you.

A two-year gap between your children is ideal really, although it might not seem it to you at the moment. I panicked a bit when my twins came along, and worried that I might not be able to cope. But somehow, I muddled through, and they survived :!: :lol:

Babies often appear when you are least expecting them, but how wonderful :!: I was unable to conceive, but I was very lucky to be able to adopt twins. I am always thrilled to hear that anyone is pregnant, so congratulations :D:D:D

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • donna76
    donna76 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    kezzo1 wrote:
    just literally found out im preg!! scared to say the least its un planned, im o mtx 15mg and humira i know i shouldnt get preg on these and dont know what to do?? will i miss carry?? has anyone has a sucessful preg while getting caught on meds?? i havnt told my partner yet hes due home from work at 6pm so scared not ready for another baby yet. x :cry:

Hi
    congratualtions!!
    just read your post am suffering quite badly
    how are you now and what has the doctors said?

tc
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    How are you this morning?Hope you are okay? :?:

Best wishes
    Tkachev
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • daisychain
    daisychain Member Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello,

Not really sure what to say for the best here but my instinct would be to seek medical advice immediately . I wish you well.

kezzo1 wrote:
  • kezzo1
    Options
    im not doing too good all info points to birth defects while concieving on mtx me and my partner know we couldnt mentally or physically deal with this so seeing doc tonight about poss termination the thought of this teriffies and guilts me but what can i do there is 90% chance baby will not be healthy and if i leave it i could miss carry at later date which could be more traumatic!
    i know not everyone will agree with this but i have no choice really if i had someone say for def it be healthy and everything be ok we would keep it :cry:
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    You can only do what's right for you and your partner, no one else's opinions should matter. It is an awful, painful decision to make but I wish you strength to do what's best for you Kezzo.

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • kezzo1
    Options
    [thank u im at work now trying to not think about it all but its all i can think about im so up and down one min im ok next i want to cry again thanks for all ur support xx :roll:
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    oh you poor thing, i bet you are up and and down, it's a horrible situation to be in.
    i'm here if you need anything at all, even if you want to pm me ranting, i don't mind!
    hopefully your dr will be supportive.
    i'll be thinking of you.
    take care
    sue x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    hello Kezzo
    sorry to hear this. as Linda said you have to do what it right for you and your family at this time, what is right for one person may not be what is right for another.
    take care
    page
  • eileenc
    eileenc Bots Posts: 118
    Options
    My heart goes out to you and your husband. No-one can definately say that any pregnancy will end with a healthy child, my 4 year old grandson has special needs and is still being diagnosed with more and more problems the older he gets (with a normal pregnancy and birth).
    He lights up our lives and we can't imagine life without him now but he is a lot of work both physically and emotionally (and as he is an only child and grandchild all our efforts can be concentrated on him).
    You must do what is right for you and your family and only you and your husband will know what that is - whatever you decide I wish you well and hope that you will get the support and advice you need to see you through.
    love and hugs
    Eileen
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Kezzo
    I know you have not taken this decision lightly. You are wise and very brave.
    Thinking of you and if there is anything I can do to help, please do ask.
    Love Toni xx
  • kezzo1
    Options
    thanks again everyone no this decision is hardest thing i have ever had to make! ill keep u all posted with the outcome and what doc says tonight!

i really appreciated your messages thanks!! xxxxx

hope ur all ok too xxx :wink:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Kezzo,

What a horrible position to be in. I hope when you have seen the doctor you and your partner will have a better idea and you must do what you feel is right. Sending you cyber hug and thinking of you both. Take care. Cris x
  • katekelly
    katekelly Member Posts: 975
    Options
    Hi Kezzo,

I will re -iterate what everyone else on here has said- you must do what is right for you and your partner. No one has the right to judge you and your friends on here will support you whatever you decide. It's a very hard time but keep strong.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kate x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Kezzo,

I am thinking of you both. No-one would wish to be in this position. So sorry that you have to make such tough choices. As everyone has said, do what you both decide is right - with all theinof you can get. It isno-one elses decision but your own.

I wish you well.