Weight support group

Options

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    valval wrote:
    debs/rose tea sounds great and so long as u do not over do it enjoy it that what food for think if u feel guilty about what u eat that where probs come from i eat what i want so long as have plenty of fruit and veg. i dry fry or grill where possible and am trying to be good with the butter everything in moderation only way to change habits of a life time

I compensate for what i eat. Last night i had a chinese take away (and very yummy it was too!) but because i had that, for the next day or two i will be extreamly good to allow for last night. I never deny myself any foods. I absolutely could not live without cheese but if i told myself i couldn't have it, i know i would be good for a few days, maybe even a couple of weeks, but then i would binge on it!

Carol X
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    Well i think it's time for my weekly weigh in guys.

Last week i weighed 20st 5lb

This week i weigh.................19st 13.75lbs (i have digital scales)

So that's a loss of 5.25lbs!

Whoop Whoop

Carol X

k015.gif

well DOne Carol

k015.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi Carol.
    I'm pleased for you :D .
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • bigmomma
    bigmomma Member Posts: 291
    Options
    Well done, Carol! My own efforts have been sabotaged by the Roses tin and a certain amount of stress - I'm a comfort eater. I know I should make the effort, as my joints would not be so bad if I were lighter, but at the moment I am waiting to hear about the oral exam (behave, Rehab!!), so am somewhat tense. Should happen somewhere between the end of November and Mid-December, if the admin lot stop arguing about who is going to be the local examiner. Not sure whether to wait until after it is all over, or to keep on trying against the odds.

AGYG
  • carol101
    Options
    AGYG, this mite be easy for me to say, but why not try getting some sweet tasting,low fat snacks so you can munch away and not do so much 'damage'?

I also comfort eat though but i think the important thing is not to punish yourself over it. It's just a 'blip'. Just try and start afresh the next day. Or do what i do and compromise. If i have, say, a jam doughnut, then i know that i mustn't have any snacks for that day and that my dinner has to be really healthy. I never deny myself anything because if i told myself i'm not alowed this and that, i would eat it :lol:

Best of luck

Carol XXX
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Oh Rehab

You say all the right things :!: :!: You have just increased your fan club 100%, as you might realise :!: :D

Glad you popped up here. I was trying to track you down :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I think it is about time I contributed something to this thread, I am a tad overweight, something that my GP and I both agree is down to the massive steroid doses I have had to take, but anyhoo, women with a bit of extra weight look far sexier and attractive than any of the so called anorexic looking celebs that grace the pages of the magazine and tabloids.

Paul Gauguin had the right idea by painting real women.

So don't worry too much about it ladies, there are millions of guys out here who love you for who you are and not the way you might like to look.

aw Rehab .... you are a star! you said what my hubby always says to me when I am down about my weight.

ta for the confidence boost! :D
  • joanlawson
    Options
    You can come out from that aspidestra now. We all love you :!: :!: :!:

If only the powers that be in the media thought along the same lines as you. There is terrific pressure on women to be super-slim in order to be attractive and successful.

Joan
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Well we all want to thank you for your kind and thoughtful words, so form an orderly queue, ladies.

I think he genuinely meant it. I don't think it was a plan to get his wicked way. But then...........it was Rehab. Still, it's nice to hear such enlightened views.

Joan
  • carol101
    Options
    Ah Rehab, that was real nice of you. My husband prefers a women to a stick! I don't obses about my weight at all and i'm comfortable with who i am. I have been overweight all my life and still found myself a lovely husband. The only reason i've started watching my weight is because arthur is on my back. He's a bugger that arthur, he don't like cuddly ladies

Carol X
  • bigmomma
    bigmomma Member Posts: 291
    Options
    I agree, Carol - that Arthur is a total swine when your weight increases. Having put back on a fair bit of the weight I shifted last winter, I really notice how much more my joints are aching. And since I did that panicky 'jog' (rather fast shuffle is more like it) down to our surgery, my spine has been playing merry h*ll. And if I get too stressed, then the asthma triggers, and I wind up back on the steroids again. Between Arthur and the asthma, it's a bit of a power struggle. :x

My doctor tells me that my spine is suffering from age-related degeneration. So that's me then - a total degenerate! :shock:

AGYG
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    Options
    hiya ladies.... and rehab :lol:

it's a tad unfair but i have the opposite problem i can't gain weight, so i would be happy to have some of your extra weight :lol:

love your bodys :lol: if i ever decide to dump my hubby and start to date women :wink: ( god rehabs going to love that bit) my woman of choice would be nigella lawson, liza tarbuck and dawn french!!
    i was most happy with my weight after having kids at my heaviest ever.
    however arthur doesn't like me that way and flare up after flare up leave me rather thin except in the bust department :!:

good luck ladies
    suzie xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi everyone.
    when you weigh how much would a hip r and knee r add to your weight.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I have found that a pint in each hand is a balanced diet :roll: but I am in shape, round is a shape..

I know the routine.. coat, door.."TAXI!!!!!"
    liked that rehab if i tried that would spill one and that would make me cry
    val
  • valval
    Options
    hi gang did not get weighed today will go in tomorrow was sons birthday and had visitors all morning also bloke to measure window then work. but have been on wii fit every day doing yoga and balance games as i tend to walk into things and knock things over lol.
    val
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    Hi all,

Thought I should add my ideas to this thread as it has always been a big part of my life.

Unfortunately I can't put weight on for love nor money and have had to deal with a life of being called anorexic and looking like a might snap in two in a strong wind. Embarassingly, I am 5 foot 9 and weigh 57kg.

I just want to emphasise that if your goal is to loose weight it should be for health reasons alone and not to become one of the stick thin people we see on tv. It's crazy to think that a thing such as a persons shape can become fashionable and those with an alternate shape are left to stress about how they look.

The old saying beauty is in the eye of the beholder is so true and if someone can't see what wonderful people we all are regardless of how we look they really aren't worth our time.

Take it from me that being super skinny is definately not all the media cracks it up to be and being this way also makes life more difficult than it should be. I have even had strangers come up to me and tell me to sort my act out and get a good meal into me, as I am too bony. People can be ignorant.

I would give my right arm to look womanly and curvaceous and think that woman with a fuller figure are beautiful. Sadly, it's not to be for me and I am learning to accept it. What I will say is that whoever you are and whatever your shape be proud of who you are and stay positive.

Here's to all of us who are trying to get healthy!

A x
  • carol101
    Options
    Hi A. It must be just as frustrating for you as it is us cuddly ladies.
    Believe me, if it wasn't for arthur being in my back, i probably wouldn't even be tyring to loose weight! I have been overweight all my life and i am who i am.

Good luck

Carol X
  • valval
    Options
    sorry did not get to town today and working all day for next couple of days so might be next week. but never mind trying to be good but time will tell lol(the scales any way)
    val
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Folks

I've got a confession to make. I should have gone to my exercise class today, but a friend invited me out for a cream tea instead. What's a girl going to do :?: :?:

Joan
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Folks

I've got a confession to make. I should have gone to my exercise class today, but a friend invited me out for a cream tea instead. What's a girl going to do :?: :?:

Joan
    Eat her cream tea! h040.gif
    Wondered if anyone would be interested to know that my sis (I am very proud to say) has lost 5 and a half stone!!!!!!
    Arthur is trying to stop her though so last week she had both ankles injected.
    Keep going girls!
    Toni x
  • carol101
    Options
    Well done to your sis!

Carol X
  • joanlawson
    Options
    frogmorton wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:
    Hi Folks

Joan
    Eat her cream tea! h040.gif
    Wondered if anyone would be interested to know that my sis (I am very proud to say) has lost 5 and a half stone!!!!!!
    Arthur is trying to stop her though so last week she had both ankles injected.
    Keep going girls!
    Toni x

Hi Toni

We should all have that picture on the fridge :!: It might just make us think before we eat. ( well, for 5 minutes anyway! )

Joan
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,453
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    Well done to your sis!

Carol X
    Yep Carol I am very very proud of her :D
    Always was anyway :D
    You will do it too