Weight support group

Options
13»

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    well done carol might get to get wieghed today do not think have lost any weight this week though will see later if i remember by time finnish work
    val
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Well done Carol.............7 lbs in 2 weeks............Thats 1 stone a month....Pretty impressive that.............keeping going...

When I started MTX I lost 2 stone in 2 1/2 weeks.........constant sickness... Lost another 9 lbs in next month...

I'm still 'cuddly' though.......My weights fine........its my height I suffer with....If I was 7 foot 3 I'd be ideal weight..........so I'm just going to grow.......

I've spent all my adult life trying to 'watch' my weight.........Its a hard job...............had succeses and failures, but never really managed to get 'there'.

As long as we're 'comfortable' with ourselves.......I guess thats all that matters................

Going by 'Body Mass Index' I've been Obese for many years.........now I'm 'only' Overweight...........so that must be success eh???

Luv and cuddly hugs...............Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • valval
    Options
    hi all got there eventually and was 15 stone now 14.12 so have lost a bit it been over two weeks as did not get in last week but at least it some gone because have only been changing life style not dieting as such so quite happy if can keep it up will get there in the end. :D:D:D
    val
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Hi valval
    well done.
    I went to the dietition today. My OH came in with me only because he likes her and wanted to see her.

Anyway it was good to talk it all through together. it's important to him aswell as the does the cooking sometimes.

Well, I'm 5.3 and weigh 16.2. terrible. badly obese.
    It is going to be so, so difficult especially with my complex medical probs and my medication.

I want to try swimming again, but anxious about picking up infections such as conjuntivitis and ear infections. Have this punctured eardrum whatever right ear and badly block other ear,.
    Can't walk far because of bad hips.
    Going to try though
    Will use exercise ball and weights a bit more.
    Starting wrong time of the year, but |I want to lose at least 2 stone by next April

Joy
  • valval
    Options
    joy set your self easy targets and a good reason to loose it like new clothes for a holiday then u have something to keep u going we r saving for hol abroad in may fingers crossed so if i can loose a stone by then will be more than happy we will do it together step by step, have u got a wii fit the yoga great not to hard and explains it well so will get back on it tomorrow, have got an exercise ball but never know what to do with it
    val
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    Well it's all gone wrong this week guys. I've put on 2.25lb :shock:
    I'm not quite sure how though because i have managed to do a full 40hr week at work this week and it has made me so tired that all i have been doing is working and sleeping! I don't eat anything at work and i haven't had a cooked dinner in the evening all week either as i have been going to bed so early. All week i've had about 4 packets of crisps (which i know are naughty) and been drinking tea so don't know how i've managed to put on weight. Maybe it's because i haven't been eating :?:

Anyway, i'm not down about it, it just says 'must try harder' on my report card :roll:

Carol X
  • valval
    Options
    carol is it near that time of month i tend to retain water so that could be it . just a blip things will be better next week
    val
  • carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    Options
    valval wrote:
    carol is it near that time of month i tend to retain water so that could be it . just a blip things will be better next week

Just after that time Val. Maybe that's it then :?:
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi Val.
    i use a exersise ball at the gym and they are good for strenthening your core mussle's
    i bounce up and down holding weights.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    If it makes you feel better Carol I have put on 9lbs. I dont seem to be eating any more any less but have been taking it reasonably easy cos of pain .Still ironing sitting down though.
    I am out partying on Saturday 21st so really wanted to look my best
    so now I will be worrying all week about what to wear(if anything still fits)!
    Take care
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein