HELP ME PLS

Options
13»

Comments

• carol101
    carol101 Member Posts: 584
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Last post before the site goes down. Hubby will be at the docs with me, it just means he has to get up a little earlier than usual but he will have time to go back to bed before work if he needs to.

And as for a young, good looking Dr, mine is and he's on holiday!
    Why do you think i cried when i realised i couldn't see him! :lol:

Look guys, i can smile :)

I'll post as soon as i can after seeing doc.

Have a good day all

Carol XXX
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Carol,

Just to say good luck and as Wonky says sometimes its better to see a different doctor t your normal one. Take care and a ((( ))) Cris
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Good luck Carol. Let it all hang out - there is help out there.

Love n' hugs
    Annie
  • carol101
    Options
    I thought this site was going to be down? Just going to have a shower then off to the docs.........i'm not looking forward to it :cry:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Carol

It seems that the site is up and running, so I hope you will be able to let us know how you got on at the doctor's. I hope everything went well, and that you were able to explain how you have been feeling.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,931
    Options
    Hi Carol.
    I hope you get some thing to help you.
    every one has time's where things and pain gets on top of them.
    when you have pain it wears you out.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • carol101
    Options
    Hello all,
    Well i went to the Dr and as soon as i walked into the surgery i burst into tears. In a way i was quite happy about that because as you have all said, i needed to let it all out. My hubby told Dr about having no energy,no interest and very tearful. The Dr asked how i felt about being told i have arthritis (which was only 2 months ago) i said well i cried a bit that evening at the realisation that i had it for life but other than that i was ok about it. Dr thinks all this is like a delayed reaction to being diagnosed and that i have been getting worked up about it without realising it but now my body has taken as much as it can so it has all come out. This does make a lot of sense to me as before i was diagnosed, sure i got back pain and there was always a 'niggly' pain which never went away but as for actual 'flare ups' they were few and far between. Since my diagnosis, although the pain hasn't got worse, it has got a lot more often and obviously getting worked up has made everything tense up so i've been getting the pain more often. He has given me Fluoxetine (anti-depressents) and signed me off work for another week. The pharmacist said that these well make me feel sick for the 1st 3 days but to keep taking them and it will wear off. As for the sleeping, Dr thinks although i am sleeping a lot, i am not sleeping properly,caused by getting worked up,which is why i wake up tired and he said the anti-depressents would help with that.

Already things seem so much better now as it's all making sense.

I owe each and everyone of you a very big thank you
    k020.gif
    060.gif
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Carol

Can't tell you how pleased I am to see your post. Seems like everything is making a lot more sense now and a couple of weeks from now when the tablets kick in you should start to feel a lot better. If you're more relaxed you might even get a good nights sleep. Now take your time off work and relax.

Love
    Vonski x
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi Carol
    I'm so glad you're feeling a bit brighter. Coming to terms with having arthritis is tough. It impacts on just about every aspect of your life and you have to change with it. "Go with the flow." I call it!
    It's hard and I find myself shedding private tears at the mobility I have lost. But, I also look at what I've gained. An insight into the world of disability which will stay with me forever.

I'm glad the doctor had a good chat with you - he sounds very understanding.

Take care Carol.

Sharmaine
  • debbierose
    debbierose Member Posts: 403
    Options
    there you go hun, glad your feeling abit brighter.
    listen to your forum friends they'll keep you right.

keep popping in and let us know how your doing.

glad hubby went with you.

lol
    Debbie and Dexter.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Dear Carol

You sound so much more in control which is lovely to hear. You make the most of that week off and take more if you need it, look after yourself and that super hubby of yours, work will be still be there when you go back and I bet you get a huge welcome from the fellahs as they will all have missed you. It will all work out - you see.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Carol

I think just doing something positive, and also telling the doctor exactly how you feel, will have taken a weight off your shoulders. I hope the week off work will do you good, and also that the pills have the desired effect. Let us know how you get on.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi I'm really so glad that you have seen the doctor. Now you have the medication you need to help. They may take a week or two to work, but you've done the hard part and told the doc! Its so nice to read your post today, I can feel from it that you're more positive now! :wink: Lots of love Sue xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    it's great to see such a positive post from you.

well done for going and for being honest - with yourself and with the doctor.

my hubby takes those tablets and has had a lot of benefit with few side effects. Hope that is the same for you.

lots of hugs
    Wonky
  • carol101
    Options
    Thank you all so much. I do feel like a weight has been lifted as now it all seems to make sense why i have been feeling the way i have. My hubby finishes work at 6am today and doesn't go back till 2pm Monday due to the way our shifts run so i have a nice long weekend with him. I have suggested to him that we take the dog for a nice long leasurely walk as i haven't done much exercise this week and other than the docs, haven't been out. Hopefully, having next week off work, i will be able to slowly get back to doing the housework, which we normally share, and get back to my crocheting which i haven't bothered with lately.

Hugs to you all f020.gif
    Carol XX
  • ritwren
    ritwren Member Posts: 928
    Options
    I'm really glad to hear things are picking up for you. I'd forget about the housework and concentrate on some good time with your husband dog and doing nice things for yourselves. After everything you've been through you deserve it.
    Good to have little updates and find out how you are.
    rita
  • carol101
    Options
    I've just woken up. Since i had started the week on night shift i have stayed to that sleep pattern and with my hubby on nights it makes life easier. I still feel exhausted but my head seems to be more sorted. I think now things seem to make more sense and having 'official' sick leave has taken a lot of pressure off. I'm due back to work next Thursday on 2pm -10pm shift. This is the shift i enjoy most and knowing i will only work the 2 days will be a nice ease back into work.

Hugs to you all ((((())))))

Carol X
  • vonski
    vonski Member Posts: 1,292
    Options
    Hi Carol

You sound so much more positive already and that's good to hear.
    It will be good to get out in the fresh air or just out and about a bit. Nice that you will only have 2 days to work but please don't go back unless you really feel ready for it.

Love
    Vonski x
  • dollydaydream
    dollydaydream Member Posts: 21
    edited 30. Oct 2009, 14:32
    Options
    carol101 wrote:
    I've just woken up. Since i had started the week on night shift i have stayed to that sleep pattern and with my hubby on nights it makes life easier. I still feel exhausted but my head seems to be more sorted. I think now things seem to make more sense and having 'official' sick leave has taken a lot of pressure off. I'm due back to work next Thursday on 2pm -10pm shift. This is the shift i enjoy most and knowing i will only work the 2 days will be a nice ease back into work.

Hugs to you all ((((())))))

Carol X

hi carol
    I've just read thro all the recent posts and I just wanted to add my best wishes to you . I hope you are feeling a bit better now, sometimes I've found a locum doctor can be a little more helpful when they see you are in distress. Perhaps they can cast a fresh eye over things when they don't know you so well ?
    Anyway I hope you will be loads better soon.

luv

Dolly xx:wink::wink:
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi,
    I think Dolly's right, a new doctor with a different outlook can do the power of good, also, for the doc to see you when your really bad and tearful, does a lot of the talking for you, if you know what I mean.

Hope you get some nice weather next week - fresh air can do anyone the power of good - even if you can't walk very far. With the added bonus that its GOOD for you!!! Take lots of care, have a nice quiet relaxed week-end and it'll do your lovely hubby the power of good too. :lol: Love Sue :wink:
  • carol101
    Options
    You are all such wonderful people. I don't know what i would have done without you all.

025.gif

Carol X