Do you believe in ghosts OOOOOH?

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 16. Nov 2009, 06:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
have any of you lot seen a ghost, or had seen or heard poltergeist activity?. :shock:

Comments

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Mel,

Simple answer yes! Cris
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    yes felt my nan in same room as me 200 miles away from her before even been told she was dead only a teenager so scared me stiff. from time to time i feel her with me and know she looking after me. there is more in this world than we understand or ever will do in our life time.
    val
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    When I was a 'little ol boy', I used to spend a lot of time on neighbouring farm. (Warmark Farm).
    I remember one evening....just after dark, walking up their drive to go home.
    The field to my left had been drilled and rolled, so was completely flat.
    About 1/2 way up the drive, I saw some idiot on a horse ride up the newly drilled field. Clearly remember, a grey.
    Next day at school I said to Charley about it..........
    He said nobody had permission to be on field, and his dad would go 'ape' if someone had churned up new drilling.
    That afternoon, after school we went to have a look at the damage.......Nothing, field was as flat as a pancake, not even a rabbit track...

Ghost?????

The other thingy?????

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I will when I see one..................

Annie
  • robertls
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Other thing?

poltergeist.......

My mind went blank................yer I know.....usually is!!! :)

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    I will when I see one..................

Annie

Hi Annie,

How do you know you haven't? :lol::lol: Cris xx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    my eldest ellie now 10, used to talk about an old lady.
    basically, when ellie was about 2yrs old we lived in a house, just the 2 of us for 6 months.
    every night i'd tuck ellie up and say "goodnight, godbless" and she would say "the old lady in the rocking chair looks after me" wierd i thought! i asked her what old lady?, now, i don't knit, she had never seen anyone knitting so i don't know if it was a ghost or what but she replied "the old lady in the rocking chair, she is knitting" i asked when do you see her? and ellie said "she sits in her rocking chair in the corner when it gets dark"
    she said it every night, then when we moved here she never mentioned the old lady again.
    so, yes i believe!!
    the house oddly had a really bad feel to it. it was fine upstairs, but the lounge always made me feel uncomfortable. if i went downstairs in the night and the lounge door was closed i couldn't open it, i just got a horrible goose bump feeling that there was something in the room and i was convinced if i opened the lounge door i'd see something nasty, so i didn't dare!
    my cat wouldn't stay there either, we stayed at my parents house on the other side of the village for a few months before we moved into that house and i bought my cat to live with us but he would always go back to my parents house, which was quite a way with several roads to cross.
    this house that we live in now has always felt safe and although i've heard the odd noise it is not at all scary.
    sue
  • robertls
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    mmm Can a horse be a poltergiest?

Dunno mate..........next time I see a horse, I'll ask it... o055.gif
    Roba045.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I did have an odd experience with a place. We were staying a a cottage belonging to some friends, the first time we had been there.
    I had to go back to the cottage alone one evening after dark and the closer I got to it the less I wanted to open the door and go in. I dithered about on the doorstep for some time, finally screwed up enough courage and opened the door, shot inside, picked up the camera (which we had forgotten) and legged it back outside again. The atmosphere in that place at that time was unbelievably frightening - I felt as if there was a thick fog in the room.

When we went back later, the two of us, it all appeared perfectly normal.

But I'm never going back in there alone again.

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    Oh so I’m not alone on this, my parents owned a petrol station and we also had our house in the same plot, it was a really old block of farm labourers homes all knocked into one, we had a lot of odd things happen there, I have seen a large folding leaf table slide around 4 feet across the floor and I once had a man appear by my side as I was walking to the side door across our gravel drive, the thing was the drive was quite large and there was no way this chap could have got near me without me hearing or seeing him, I had just stepped out of the car and locked the door turned and just as I got level by the rear wheel I looked to my left and there he was, strangely he made no sound while walking never looked at me just walked by my side for around 20 odd feet then walked of and away from me into the dark, I didn’t have the guts to talk or touch him, if I had I and my hand went through him I think I would have proved that the colour of adrenalin is brown.
    Oddly my brother came home very early in the morning one time and saw a man of a similar description digging the garden, at 05.00 hrs in the morning he asked me later why I was up so early for; I wasn’t at 5 in the morning I was still in bed.
    Now around 2 years after we sold the place my mother was contacted by an old friend in the village has she was asked to pass on a question to her from the new owners, they had extended the workshops over the garden and one early morning the guard dogs they had started kicking off, when they went to have a look they could see someone walking about in the new extension, they went to put the dogs in to sort them out but the dogs wouldn’t go so they went in expecting to confront someone, there was no one there and no sign of a forced entry and this apparently had happened a few times and they wanted to know from my mother if the place was haunted. I was also sat down at the table with my brother eating a late dinner as we had just got back from a gig when the table started rocking and the moved a good 4 feet across the floor, my brother went white and went down the other end of the house needless to say I followed him sharpish.
    So I have seen a few odd things I have an open mind on this issue as there cold well be a rational explanation but by good did it make the hairs on me neck stand up. :shock:
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    Options
    hi mellman

yes we have a ghost! funnily enough never seen it but heard it!!
    we think it's my grandad but not quiet sure who it is. started with the birth of my first baby and the ghost used the 'shh' the baby when he cried! i heard it first scared hell out of me, then i heard it again no one would believe me until it happened to my hubby! after that toys go off all the time and other stuff has happened. it's all been very quiet until a couple of days ago when the door opened to our bedroom and no one was there then my son's fav teddy went missing, i looked everywhere so he had to go to bed without it, next day still couldn't find it, so i said out load 'please show me where the teddy is' that night we found it under my hubbys pillow, wasn't there the night before and i had searched my room!
    it doesn't bother me now and the house dosen't feel odd at all.
    suzie x
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    suzie, what a cheeky ghost!!
    i often hear noises from my kitchen, they sound like all the dishes on the drainer have fallen down but when i check nothing has moved, sometimes i swear i can hear someone calling "mum" but both my girls are asleep, could be my imagination though! it's like a small child, mischievous stuff. also seen things out of the corner of my eye, but never seen anything full on!!!
    sue
  • gickygawky
    gickygawky Member Posts: 478
    Options
    When I was growing up we lived in an old house and we think it had a ghost.
    The sitting room had squiggly glass doors on two walls and quite often we would see 'someone' walk past the doors on the other side down the hallway or in the kitchen. :shock:
    At first it was just my Mum and I, then Dad started to see it.Then once we had guests over and we all saw it which was good, it meant we weren't all mad after all!

I also think there is a ghost in a room at my Granny's house - I have refused to go in there since before I knew what a ghost even was!

A x

A x
  • mellman01
    Options
    annie_mial wrote:
    I did have an odd experience with a place. We were staying a a cottage belonging to some friends, the first time we had been there.
    I had to go back to the cottage alone one evening after dark and the closer I got to it the less I wanted to open the door and go in. I dithered about on the doorstep for some time, finally screwed up enough courage and opened the door, shot inside, picked up the camera (which we had forgotten) and legged it back outside again. The atmosphere in that place at that time was unbelievably frightening - I felt as if there was a thick fog in the room.

When we went back later, the two of us, it all appeared perfectly normal.

But I'm never going back in there alone again.

Annie

Same happened at the garage house, we rented one end of it out, the people who rented it had various freinds to stay some of them said they would never stay there agian, the place did have an odd feeling about I must say, recently I stayed over at a feinds house they were moved there as theirs had been flooded, anyway the house was an old gottage owned by the national trust, I was half asleep very early one moring when the door opened and somone walked in but I didn't see anyone hall light was on, I wasn't to worried more interested in what was going on, I told our freinds about it and they said that on the odd occaision they could hear footsteps up in one of the bedrooms and couldn't wait to get back to their old house.
  • joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    Options
    Yes, I believe in ghosts. yes I have seen my fathers ghost. and he spoke to me. If you want hear more, let me know.
    joy
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi

When my father was dying in hospital. we had been visiting all day, and my mother was exhausted, so we took her home to rest, and then returned to the hospital. Unfortunately, my father had died in our absence, so we had to go back to tell my mother.

When we walked in, she already knew that he had gone. She said that he had walked in, and sat down on his favourite chair, with none of the dementia which he had been suffering from for years.

She said he had come to say goodbye, and had told her how much he loved her, and not to worry about him. She said it was definitely not a dream, and I believed her. It gave her a huge amount of comfort, and me too.

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • robertls
    Options
    robertls wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    mmm Can a horse be a poltergiest?

Dunno mate..........next time I see a horse, I'll ask it... o055.gif

Ok Rehab.............Don't think it can..........damn.....

I asked the horse, and it said 'neigh'.......... a045.gif

Already got my coat on....... d025.gif

Bye..........Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    we have a ghost, he is a little boy about 8ish.
    when we first moved in i thought it was my son that i kept seeing out corner of my eye or "felt" behind me or watching me. told OH and he had seen same.
    was talking to neighbours at a bar-b-q and they told me that people that used to live here swore there was a ghost of a boy here, me or OH hadnt told them or anyone what we had seen.
    page
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Well thanks everyone :roll: I'm sooooooooo not going to be able to sleep tonight now a045.gif

Luv Legs who may not have seen but is willing to believe :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • mellman01
    Options
    joyful164 wrote:
    Yes, I believe in ghosts. yes I have seen my fathers ghost. and he spoke to me. If you want hear more, let me know.
    joy

Yes please I find this kind of thing very interesting.
  • annebr
    annebr Member Posts: 730
    Options
    I also have had a few experiences. When I was a little girl I was in my neighbours house and i saw my neighbours brother, who had died months before, I was shouting hello Uncle Frank.

I have also had 'visits' from my Gran and my Great Uncle. At first I was frightened but then thought about it and they would do me no harm. One time I could feel my hair getting stroked for reassurance.

My Mum has alway said that the living can do more harm than the dead.
  • mellman01
    Options
    annebr wrote:
    I also have had a few experiences. When I was a little girl I was in my neighbours house and i saw my neighbours brother, who had died months before, I was shouting hello Uncle Frank.

I have also had 'visits' from my Gran and my Great Uncle. At first I was frightened but then thought about it and they would do me no harm. One time I could feel my hair getting stroked for reassurance.

My Mum has alway said that the living can do more harm than the dead.
    ain't that the truth I'm more interested in what's causing it than anything else, I work on the concept if a spirit does pop up and go boo and I died of shock he or she would be very miffed having me as company for ever , coz boy can I chatter!
  • joyful164
    Options
    My Aunt died on 12.1.91. It wasn't until the Spring that I could decide where to scatter the ashes. she has never felt at home in Northamptonshire. She came from Ketley Bank in Shropshire overlooking The Wrekin, the smallest mountain inBritain apparently.
    The first fine day of spring, 8.5.91 to be exact, we set off. Beautiful day, warm, light breeze, blue sky, birds singing. We arrived at The Wrekin. I had enjoyed numerous walks and climbson the Wrekin with my Aunt and Uncle. Uncle Joe had died when I was only 14, so Aunt was alone all those years, heartbroken for her loss, just like Queen Victoria. She moved to Northamptonshire with my Grandpa to live near us. She never wanted to come, but as grandpa was getting on my dad thought it would be nice if we lived close by. Anyway, back to the 8th May. We started walking up the mountain path, it was fairly steep and carrying a very heavy oak casket. We had walked about an hour and were getting very tired. We found the perfect spot and thought, yes, we had done the right thing to come back to the Wrekin. .....to be continued. (something hs gone wrong again with PC joy)
  • joyful164
    Options
    Well, there we were, walking up the mountain with this heavy oak casket and after about an hour, found a suitable spot. You could just about see over to Ketley Bank. On the way up, we had to step aside for the occasional building supply lorry to pass. Suddenly, it seemed as everything had gone very very quiet. So we openedthe casket and scatteredthe ashes. We sat and contemplated for awhile and, saying goodbye to Aunty, started back down the mountain. After awhile, we saw another figure coming towards us. We had thought is strange that no one else had been walking that day. As we got closer, I just froze to the spot. My OH looked at me and asked what was the matter.
    Now this man stopped in front of me, and said"Are you OK". He said "What a lovely day" and went on his way up the mountain. He was dressed in 1950' style Harris Tweed Jacket, checked shirt, knitted tie. His whole apparel was that which my dad use to favour.
    We watched him carry on up the path and disappear round the bend of the mountain. OMG I said, that was my Dad. His face, his smile, everything.
    to be continued.....
    Joy
  • joyful164
    Options
    When we arrived home after spending a couple of hours looking around the area and having lunch at a lovely pub in Much Wenlock,
    As soon as I got home, I immediately went to find the few photographs I had left of my parents. Yes, I said to myself, it was him when I was looking through all the photographs, There was the family group, my granny on my mum's side, aunty, grandpa uncle Joe.
    I went back downstairs and showed my OH the photo. He had never met my dad, because he died in 1983 two months before my mother. The photo my OH was looking at was showing the man he met on that mountain side.
    Now, I don't know if anyone studies mediumship and can find the answer to this. A friend of mine does and says that sometimes, at a highly emmotional moment, we can look at a person and our minds want us to believe it is someone close. But when you are with someone else, who has never known that person, but sees them with you. what then??

joy