Options

Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    mmm Can a horse be a poltergiest?
    I thought poltergeist is usually associated with a child who is emmotionally disturbed after a shock, or home upheaval.

I don't know. perhaps seen too many movies

joy
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    OOOOOOOOooo :!: :!: :shock: :shock: Something just went bump in the night :!: :!:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    OOOOOOOOooo :!: :!: :shock: :shock: Something just went bump in the night :!: :!:

Joan

Just me tripping over the flippin dog again!. :roll:
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    Options
    this is going to be a long one...about 15 years ago,i was staying round a mates house,i was in bed about 8.55am,awake (and alone!!) then i had this weird vision,i was in my front room laying on my sofa,everyone i ever knew was in that room having a party but it was like the mute button was on,laying beside me but on the floor was my grandpa with my gran laying between his legs,he looked up at me and said "Sally darling, remember your gran and i will always love you". at that point my friend came into the room with a cuppa and i told her exactly what had happened,i looked at the clock and it was 9.05am. that night we went out clubbing but on the way to the nightclub Mary said she wanted to check her homephone messages,something she had never done whilst onroute to a club,so she got to a phonebox and rang her phone and on there was a message for me to ring home, which i did only to learn that my grandpa had died that morning at around 9am.this has bought me so much comfort to kno he came back to say what he said,also i was relieved to have told Mary straight away,as no-one would have believed me if i had told them AFTER he had died what i had seen,heard and felt. Sally. :D
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:

Joan

Joan.......

Can you keep a secret???? k070.gif

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • harleyd14
    Options
    ALSO...about 10 years ago my parents & me had a huge bustup, then 2 years later i get a birthday card from them saying "when are you coming back to us" my hubby said i had better reply,so i called them, usual niceties..how are you...hows dad, then i said hows gran, which i always asked,mums reply was "well you know" know what? "she died in November" well, i burst out crying,told her i would call back.next night i rang,was told that a message to get down & see gran at Chi hospital as she is really ill was left on my mobile,when mum said the number it turned out to be my old mob No. so ofcourse i never got message,anyway,i asked where is she burried so i can put flowers on grave "she was cremated",mum said"but the thing is the crem have lost her ashes". now my birthday is 14th Feb, gran died beginning Nov, cremated mid Nov, 3 days after my birthday,mum rang to say the crem had called & they had found my grans ashes,i TRULY believe that my gran had a hand in this as she wanted me there for the throwing of the ashes so that i could say my goodbye,again this has given me comfort & brings tears to my eyes,as it is whilst i am typing this.since then me & my parents havnt had a cross word & get on great.So YES i do believe. Love Sally.x :D
  • mellman01
    Options
    Nice one Sally, and I thought this topic wouldn't get very far how wrong I was :)
  • suziev
    suziev Member Posts: 252
    Options
    i think there are two camps of people, those that do beleive and those that don't.
    but these 'visits' from peoples loved ones bring great comfort to alot of people.
    i never even got around to mentioning my uncle who passed away at the age of 21 in a road traffic accident, i was 4 at the time and when i passed my driving test aged 17 i felt like someone was in the back of the car watching over me am sure that it was him!

ofcourse there are visits from people that bring no comfort at all, like what happened to you. spooky :shock:

suzie
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi suziev yep I think that's right although I have seen and heard things that were very very odd I still have an open mind, if you don't the world is a lot less interesting for it, blinkers are what make people stubborn and augmentative, take the topic of Afghanistan on here a few day’s ago it’s highly complex and if you don’t know or want to know all the facts you will miss out on the chance of discovering something new, going round stating the world is flat is just plain dumb, and ridicule or scoffing is such negative put down, you don’t get the same thing going on where religion is involved yet if you went around saying you have seen a ghost or UFO most people think you’ve lost the plot odd that, as I said I keep an open mind I’ve seen and heard some odd things in my life and that’s how I will remain, I tell you what though I can’t watch most haunted, all the program shows me is that’s ghost hunting!, is really boring. :?
  • harleyd14
    Options
    "I tell you what though I can’t watch most haunted, all the program shows me is that’s ghost hunting!, is really boring"......

well said........and it seems to be on the show you need to have a shreaking scream !!!! and the ability to cry a lot !!!!!!
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    'Most Haunted' visited an historical building where my son worked, so we were keen to watch that particular programme (we've never watched before and haven't since) and he said it was all fake, they put writing on the wall where there wasn't any and told stories that weren't true....so sorry to disillusion anyone who enjoys it . :(

Luv Legs :|
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    'Most Haunted' visited an historical building where my son worked, so we were keen to watch that particular programme (we've never watched before and haven't since) and he said it was all fake, they put writing on the wall where there wasn't any and told stories that weren't true....so sorry to disillusion anyone who enjoys it . :(

Luv Legs :|

I agree Linda, I've seen it being filmed. I can't stand Derek Wotisface, either. What an old ham!

Annie
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    edited 12. Nov 2009, 22:57
    Options
    I swear to you this really happend.

I had been in hospital for a while, when one morning I don't feel too good.

The next I knew is these doctors around me and then I was rushed to ITU. I had never been in hospital before and never heard of ITU.

They sent for my husband. Later that day they were planning how could save my life....I was taken to theatres and had quite a big op done. I went back to ITU.

I kept seeing this man, I can still remember this. He kept asking me to go with him, behind him there was a bright white light...I Said no. This was reated time and time again.....he was telling me how nice it was, no pain ect. This man had snow white hair and told me he could do a trick.

After i came home I really thought hard about what happend to me. I kept thinking it was on my mind so much.

I decided to tell my mum. She laughed at first saying you were so ill. Then I said to her funny though, he kept saying he could show me a trick with a lettuce leaf....she fell in the chair.

When my dad and oh came home she told me to tell them.....both of them laughed.
    My mum told me to tell them the trick so I did. My dad stopped laughing and went silent.......I asked them why. My mum cried so my dad told me that is what my grandad used to do that when my mum was younger.

I had described my grandad to a t and he did that trick. He used to put a bit of lettuce in his mouth....... I said I know he sang like a canary with it.

My grandad died before I was born. I had never seen a photo of him, so how did I know and how he did a trick like that. I never knew anything about him either because my mum was so heartbroken she would never talked about it?

Does anybody have any ideas what really happend I would appreciate. I could not, it still bothers.

trisher
  • suziev
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I am of the camp that does not believe

so after reading my post about my ghost, who said "shhhh" then?
    in the house there was me, i didn't say it, my new born baby, they can't talk and the dog, as far as i know the dog can't talk either!

i would love a rehab special on this subject :lol:
    suzie x
  • mellman01
    Options
    Right any of you who have the nerve to do this read on.
    A few years ago I were out night ratting with a good friend of mine, what’s night ratting I hear you ask?, well get yourself an airgun and a red filter ratting lamp adjustable brightness type that is, strap on 12 volt 7 amp battery with on off switch fill your pockets with pellets put a small red LED lamp on your head and your ready.
    Now drive out on a cold winter’s night to the middle of nowhere, stop at locked gate open drive in lock gate then drive just over a mile up a really muddy track, 4x4 essential for this bit.
    Now this particular barn is called middle barn and it’s in a small village in Oxfordshire, right once you get there no white light is allowed neither is to much noise, rats have good hearing and night vission. So you Plug in turn on and drop out, sorry I digress, with lamp turned up just enough to see a dull red glow slowly walk up to the old ramshackle barn, now as you approach you can hear al sorts of thumps and bangs going on, you slowly push open an old wooden door and the sound gets even louder.
    Now as you quietly walk in things bump into you boots and run over your feet, RATS! And lots of them, as US special farces call it a target rich environment. No I do mean farces.
    Right now you start finding targets and you both go in and the shooting begins, you both split up and both go to opposite rear corners of the barn, here you can stand up on old fertilizer bags to access the rear of the old storage bins, this is where the rats escape out through the rear walls and mud floor, so there you are shooting and you call out to your mate as a lot of rats are going his way, but you hear no shooting or sounds other than, wait for it someone’s talking, yep you can hear muffled talking, right you think the farm hand George has come up ratting as well, but it’s odd there was no sound of his diesel Land Rover?, now you are getting a bit miffed as your mate has let loads of targets go without a single shot being fired by him.
    So once you’ve finished your work you squeeze past all the old fertilizer bags and walk round the other side of the grain storage bins, your mate isn’t there!, but you can definitely still hear talking?!. So you walk around inside of the place looking for your friend nope he’s not there?, then as you look up the track and out of the barn there is a low red glow, oh it must be George and your mate!, mind you there around 40 yards away?, so out you walk and yep it’s your mate alright.
    Where the flippin hell did you go then?, now he replies “well I thought George had come up and you were talking to him but as I came out I could here you two talking but couldn’t see where you were”. Oh well, I thought you had done the same mate! So I suggest we both go back in and listen, apart from the odd rodent nibbling and the wooden walls nothing?, nope can’t hear it now but we both did earlier no doubt about it. Now I know what you going to say it must have been the wind right, wrong it was a still cold night in an very old deserted barn in the middle of a field 5 miles from the nearest dwelling. Up a really muddy track.
    So anyone who is a little bit sceptical and wants to prove how it’s all a load of old rubbish if you want I can arrange with the farmer for you to sleep there one night on your own just to show me you wouldn’t feel a little bit unnerved. The offers there guy’s just step forward. :shock:
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Don't mind the ghosts, can't stand rats!

Annie
  • suziev
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    suziev wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    I am of the camp that does not believe

so after reading my post about my ghost, who said "shhhh" then?
    in the house there was me, i didn't say it, my new born baby, they can't talk and the dog, as far as i know the dog can't talk either!

i would love a rehab special on this subject :lol:
    suzie x
    Oh Suzie, don't tempt me. I am an atheist, any post I might submit would only upset those that believe in the paranormal and religion.

I have no wish to believe, I want to know

fair enough, you know your limits :lol:
    by the way am an atheist too!
    suzie x
  • suziev
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Right any of you who have the nerve to do this read on.
    A few years ago I were out night ratting with a good friend of mine, what’s night ratting I hear you ask?, well get yourself an airgun and a red filter ratting lamp adjustable brightness type that is, strap on 12 volt 7 amp battery with on off switch fill your pockets with pellets put a small red LED lamp on your head and your ready.
    Now drive out on a cold winter’s night to the middle of nowhere, stop at locked gate open drive in lock gate then drive just over a mile up a really muddy track, 4x4 essential for this bit.
    Now this particular barn is called middle barn and it’s in a small village in Oxfordshire, right once you get there no white light is allowed neither is to much noise, rats have good hearing and night vission. So you Plug in turn on and drop out, sorry I digress, with lamp turned up just enough to see a dull red glow slowly walk up to the old ramshackle barn, now as you approach you can hear al sorts of thumps and bangs going on, you slowly push open an old wooden door and the sound gets even louder.
    Now as you quietly walk in things bump into you boots and run over your feet, RATS! And lots of them, as US special farces call it a target rich environment. No I do mean farces.
    Right now you start finding targets and you both go in and the shooting begins, you both split up and both go to opposite rear corners of the barn, here you can stand up on old fertilizer bags to access the rear of the old storage bins, this is where the rats escape out through the rear walls and mud floor, so there you are shooting and you call out to your mate as a lot of rats are going his way, but you hear no shooting or sounds other than, wait for it someone’s talking, yep you can hear muffled talking, right you think the farm hand George has come up ratting as well, but it’s odd there was no sound of his diesel Land Rover?, now you are getting a bit miffed as your mate has let loads of targets go without a single shot being fired by him.
    So once you’ve finished your work you squeeze past all the old fertilizer bags and walk round the other side of the grain storage bins, your mate isn’t there!, but you can definitely still hear talking?!. So you walk around inside of the place looking for your friend nope he’s not there?, then as you look up the track and out of the barn there is a low red glow, oh it must be George and your mate!, mind you there around 40 yards away?, so out you walk and yep it’s your mate alright.
    Where the flippin hell did you go then?, now he replies “well I thought George had come up and you were talking to him but as I came out I could here you two talking but couldn’t see where you were”. Oh well, I thought you had done the same mate! So I suggest we both go back in and listen, apart from the odd rodent nibbling and the wooden walls nothing?, nope can’t hear it now but we both did earlier no doubt about it. Now I know what you going to say it must have been the wind right, wrong it was a still cold night in an very old deserted barn in the middle of a field 5 miles from the nearest dwelling. Up a really muddy track.
    So anyone who is a little bit sceptical and wants to prove how it’s all a load of old rubbish if you want I can arrange with the farmer for you to sleep there one night on your own just to show me you wouldn’t feel a little bit unnerved. The offers there guy’s just step forward. :shock:

:lol::lol:
  • annie_mial
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    annie_mial wrote:
    Don't mind the ghosts, can't stand rats!

Annie
    At least the rats are real :D

Yes, that's why I can't stand 'em. Ghostly ones wouldn't give me nearly as many shudders..............

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hey has this got legs on it or what!.
    I never thought it would keep going like it has, anyway you may scoff at the voices in the old barn OOOOOOOOH, lol, as I said I have an open mind on this I know what I heard and ghosts were the last thing on my mind and normally I would say it's a classic case of achems razor but it was really really odd, so stop taking the wee( Suziev) and put your money where your mouth is, and let me take you up there and leave you for just one night to prove to me how wrong I am on this, and don't tell me your scared of a few hundered rats you cowards, :lol: so there it is the gauntlet has been thrown down who got the minerals to pick it up? :?:
  • harleyd14
    Options
    ok, when i lived in Bournemouth there is a place called Mudeford Key down the road, well me and my parents used to go for a walk each Sunday, one of them being there, about 8pm, just getting on the dusky side,only us 3 there, all of a sudden there is a thunderous sound, we turn around to see at leat 50 white horse galloping towards us, i mean full pelt, they are in about 6 inches of the water and its being kicked up all over the place, course we get out of the way sharpish, but my mum isn't that quick and is caught in the middle, i scream, dad starts to run back waving his arms and mum drops to her knees, obviously waiting to be trampled, the horses pass over, mum gets up, not a mark on her and bone dry......to this day we dont know where they came from, why they were there or what the story is....it was scary and beautiful, and to this day we still talk about it because all 3 of us experienced and saw it. i could keep posting on this subject as there are a few other sightings i have had..........
  • diane56
    diane56 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    I have never seen a ghost personally, but i have lived a house with paranormal activity, we all witnessed odd things, the tv would turn itself over, one of my dogs would not go in the living room ,another dog would sit in front of an empty sofa and growl and bark, but the worst thing was door handles going down and the door opening on it's own, my son worked nights and my OH went to pick him up at 2.30am i was still up on the sofa with my dog Sooty,There was a knock on the door and the door handle creaked and the door opened, the dog looked around bemused i was really scared by that, as i was the only one in, but my son used to hear his name being called he thought it was me, but some days i was out,this happened a lot.we also saw black shadows now and again going through walls and my OH cup would move across the worktop.We were not sorry to leave that house, but my son had experiences in our next house, i think he must be sensitive, he would hear scratching on his bedroom walls banging and so on,and he witnessed a piece of my jewellery fly across the room, so i beleive there is more to heaven & earth that meets the eye!.All quiet in our current home i'm pleased to say.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi diane56 sound similar to the sort of things we use to get at my parents old house, didn’t get dark shadows though but on the odd occasion we use to hear the stairs creak as if someone was walking up them, dogs use to go off a certain times especially in my sister room, normally around 2am, for some reason it was the cupboard that was the centre of attention a few times she would wake up and the locked doors would be open god knows why?, and I remember my mother saying my dad woke up late one night with someone standing at the bottom of the bed, he said it was as real as you and I and was so scared he didn’t do a thing, the figure slowly disappeared he didn’t sleep much after that!. :shock:
  • jaspercat
    jaspercat Member Posts: 1,238
    Options
    Hi, I do seriously believe in ghosts when I was in hospital after having my appendix out I was quite poorly, I remember lying there unable to sleep, suddenly I saw my mum sitting in the chair next to me, I stretched out my had and started talking to her, the nurses came because I was talking, and I said that my mum was there, ordinary you may think but my mum has been dead for some years now love Jaspercatxx
  • diane56
    diane56 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi diane56 sound similar to the sort of things we use to get at my parents old house, didn’t get dark shadows though but on the odd occasion we use to hear the stairs creak as if someone was walking up them, dogs use to go off a certain times especially in my sister room, normally around 2am, for some reason it was the cupboard that was the centre of attention a few times she would wake up and the locked doors would be open god knows why?, and I remember my mother saying my dad woke up late one night with someone standing at the bottom of the bed, he said it was as real as you and I and was so scared he didn’t do a thing, the figure slowly disappeared he didn’t sleep much after that!. :shock:
    hi mellman01, it wasn't just me, the whole family witnessed the strange goings on and the dogs so i know it was not just imagination, my son saw an apparition that just faded away when he looked at it.