the beach

Options
valval
valval Member Posts: 14,911
edited 14. Jan 2010, 14:03 in Community Chit-chat archive
you will have to have a good imagination for this one we are off on coach around the coast of great britan the weather is hot and who wants to drive who plotting the route.
we r going to start off meeting in torque the water is blue the sand warm when u walk on it think will have fish and chips for tea before going to watch a show will see u all in the pravilian at 10am tomorrow ready to travel to next beach
val

Comments

• moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    valval wrote:
    you will have to have a good imagination for this one we are off on coach around the coast of great britan the weather is hot and who wants to drive who plotting the route.
    we r going to start off meeting in torque the water is blue the sand warm when u walk on it think will have fish and chips for tea before going to watch a show will see u all in the pravilian at 10am tomorrow ready to travel to next beach

Yes Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese,
    Can I drive but might need a bit of help with the route as it was about 13 years ago now and memories have gone due to a bit of brain damage.
    I a very good driver. Used to drive professionally all over the Country with VIP's in the back of my big black Merc.
    Steph x
  • valval
    Options
    you r hired but we will have fun if we get lost will find lots of little bays have booked us in large hotel with sea views for tonight and have left tickets for show in rooms just turn up will see u all in bar before or at half time it joseph love that show and know all the songs. trisher they got masive lift so u can have room at top if u want it has windows all the way around
    val
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    valval

we r going to start off meeting in torque the water is blue the sand warm.

Are you sure!?, it's normally green with a slight whiff of sewage outflow, well anywhere round these shores normally is!.
    Sorry right well I want to come along but I wants to go to Barafundle bay in Pembrokeshire if that's possible val, I don't mind what route you take as long as theres a good pub every hour or so.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Val,

I feel like I'm stalking you :lol::lol: Count me in when you come to the best beaches....... thats down here.......You may know that I am just a shade bias...... :lol::lol::lol:

Legs did this last year and she and I had a surfing competition so I will drag her in for a rematch :wink: You been warned Legs :D See you at the tamer :D Cris x
  • valval
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    valval

we r going to start off meeting in torque the water is blue the sand warm.

Are you sure!?, it's normally green with a slight whiff of sewage outflow, well anywhere round these shores normally is!.
    Sorry right well I want to come along but I wants to go to Barafundle bay in Pembrokeshire if that's possible val, I don't mind what route you take as long as theres a good pub every hour or so.
    well that sounds fair we all have to stretch our legs lol welcome r u coming on beach for a paddle in the morning before we set off
    val
  • robertls
    robertls Member Posts: 2,304
    Options
    Must visit Pentewan...........down Cris's way...........

Rob x
    Roba045.gif
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Could I pop into Brixham as we are so close, no beach to speak of but love the rock pools...............and could we go to Port Gaverne, pleeeeese - also down Cris' way?

Annie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Val

Please can you save a seat for me now that the cruise has ended. I've got used to travelling around. Where are we setting off from :?:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • valval
    Options
    hi all breakfast on the terrice with gentle sea breeze your cases will be packed for u and placed on the coach those wishing to see brixham there is a boat leaving at 11am to take you across do not for get to watch the dolphins swimming in the bow waves i sight to see . love the quaint shops and the out door pool bit of a walk but worth it. we will get off the boat back in paignton to meet up with the rest of the trip .
    val
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    I will re-visit all my favourite shops in Brixham including the Shell Shop and a couple of boutiques. Also had some great bargains here.

Then up the road to the sea-bathing pool, the only place left I can swim in (if you can call it swimming). By the time I have explored several rock pools and searched for fossils it will be time for a late lunch, so will go to my favourite cafe for it. A quick look round the Golden Hind and at the market stalls by the quay and it will be time to return to Paignton.

Great chippie in Paignton, that's where I will be eating tonight!

Annie
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    No thanks, hate Pavillion shows filled with useless Z list 'stars', shops filled with tat, people in outfits they wouldn't be seen dead in at home, idiots losing all sense of responsibility and walking in the road, overpriced accommodation/food/beer.

I think you're missing the whole point of going to see one of these shows, Del ;-)

Nx
  • suzster
    suzster Member Posts: 1,328
    Options
    i'm in! anything to get out the house!
    can we buy some nice fudge in the seaside shops? great big slabs of the stuff, yummy!!
    can sarah come along? i'm trying to potty train her so don't let me forget the travel potty!!
    i've got my surfboard ready, so watch out, i'm an expert surfer you know lol!
    sue
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Back to Eastbourne please, where I was born and then a trip up the downs and beachy head(Delboy might like that bit).
    Back to the pier for ice cream.
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • moonseed
    moonseed Member Posts: 289
    Options
    Morning all,
    Don't all shout at me but the old man doesn't want me to go away. He'll starve to death if I take this holiday.
    Perhaps a bit later, when I've studied the map a bite more. I don't want to get you all lost. It could be quite dangerous at my age. The responsibility is best left with someone younger.
    Have a lovely trip.
    Tell me all about it when you get back.
    If they still sell rock, can you get me a peppermint one from Penzance.
    Steph x
  • indigo
    indigo Member Posts: 113
    Options
    Hello.....I know I am a bit slow off the mark...... :!: :roll: but is there any chance I could join in the bus tour as you come around the beautiful Solway coastline :?: :?:

I could bring a stock up of sandwiches and flasks of tea.....ohh yes and lots of lucozade to keep our energy levels up :lol:

So looking forward to going into the Scottish coast.......ahh the haggis running free and the men in skirts chasing them :roll: :roll:

Hope there is a seat left......or I could perch on the bonnet :!: :!:

Love Indigo xx
  • indigo
    Options
    Hi Val

Can you make that 2 to pick up around the Solway?

Fish and chips in Silloth, then down to Twentyman's in Allonby for ice cream :D
    Then I might just relax on the sand dunes and gaze out across to the Scottish coast, and wait for the sun to set. Heaven :)

Luv, Lynn xxx

WOW Lynn that is a great idea......forgot all about them.....not the taste of the fish and chips.......or the ice cream.....

Ohh happy memories are flooding back of holidays and days out at Silloth......was there not to long back.......and all round Bowness....Port Carlisle and Anthorn.....that was a grand trip out

:D:D

Hope you keeping well

Love Indigo xxx
  • valval
    Options
    well it a lovely day here in brixam the trip over was just as i remembered it dolphins and all wandering in and out of shops then might have to pop in pub for lunch fancy ploughmans with chedder and home made pickles i keep seeing all my friends wandering around it such a lovely place not to large . shall i go down to pool and swim later think will hire limo to get us there as it quite a walk and can not see trisher moving she surounded by young hunks all waiting on her hand and foot.
    val
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    skezier wrote:
    Hi Val,

I feel like I'm stalking you :lol::lol: Count me in when you come to the best beaches....... thats down here.......You may know that I am just a shade bias...... :lol::lol::lol:

Legs did this last year and she and I had a surfing competition so I will drag her in for a rematch :wink: You been warned Legs :D See you at the tamer :D Cris x

I'm here and at the ready Cris k040.gif just tell me when :D .....by the way where or what is a tamer? :|

Luv Legs who doesn't know much :?
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • valval
    Options
    i do not know either just did not want to show how thick lol
    val
  • valval
    Options
    moonseed wrote:
    Morning all,
    Don't all shout at me but the old man doesn't want me to go away. He'll starve to death if I take this holiday.
    Perhaps a bit later, when I've studied the map a bite more. I don't want to get you all lost. It could be quite dangerous at my age. The responsibility is best left with someone younger.
    Have a lovely trip.
    Tell me all about it when you get back.
    If they still sell rock, can you get me a peppermint one from Penzance.
    Steph x
    well u r with us u can send him doggie bags lol sure u will pop up from time to time as we love having u here
    val
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hy wait for me, I am on my way wont be long k030.gif
    Love
    Barbara
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    barbara12 wrote:
    Hy wait for me, I am on my way wont be long k030.gif
    I am quite proud just learned to do the moving things. :)
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Luv Legs who doesn't know much :?[/quote]

Not true, Legs is a fount of knowledge, and now she will know that we have to meet Cris - I`m coming too! - on the Tamar Bridge which will take us from Devon into Cornwall.
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    Sorry I missed the bus.. any cockles left?

For you, anything....Vinegar, salt, pepper?
  • indigo
    Options
    I have never had cockles.......can you put some in the freezer till
    you get up to the Solway....

What about you Lynn.......with or without the trimmings :roll: :roll: :roll:

Love Indigo x