Options
13»

Comments

• joyful164
    joyful164 Member Posts: 2,401
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hello Joan
    How are things today with your neighbour and has she got any care going in yet? I haven't been able to get on line until this evening and was wondering how your day has gone.

Did the hospital find out what was the matter with her and hope you have managed to find out who you should speak to. It's certainly disgraceful what some hospital staff try to get away with. Have you heard from your neighbour's relatives yet?

It's not a good situation to find yourself in and hope you get some answers soon.
    Joy
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi Joan

You have looked after this lady for a long time. I'm sure you must make her life different as well.

Shame though her family cannot visit.

Love Trish x
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    They will be hearing from me, and they should be afraid, VERY afraid :!: :shock: :shock:
    They should rightly be afraid for treating someone so badly. Check on their website to see if they have a Charter Mark. If they do, complain to the CM issuer about your friends treatment, as there is a possibility that they could lose their Charter status.

Whatever you send to anyone, make sure that you also let the Chair of the NHS Health Trust have a copy. They oversee the running of the hospital and can take action in cases like this.

Joseph 8)

Thank you for the information, Joseph. How do you know all these things :?: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Hi Elna, Joy, Joan, and Trisher

Another awful thing which happened was that they have sent her out with a catheter in place, and gave her some extra replacement ones. When she tried to use one, it wouldn't work, and later the district nurse said she had been given ones for a man :!: :shock: :shock:

There are also night ones and day ones, and the hospital nurse had marked every single packet the wrong way round :!: :shock: :shock: The district nurse just kept saying,' Idiot :!: Idiot :!: ' over and over again when she saw what the hospital nurse had done.

Bearing in mind that my friend is 86, and has possible kidney failure, it is pretty disgusting :!: :shock:

She now has to wait to go for a CT scan, and other tests. They said she would hear in the post within the next month. :!: But why couldn't they do these tests when she was in hospital last week :?: :?: That's too easy :!: They have to make it difficult :!:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif