Exotic space thingies

Options
mellman01
mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
edited 17. Feb 2010, 18:10 in Community Chit-chat archive
Just a little comparison of the mass from some of the more strange bodies that can be found in the universe.

The material of a white dwarf weighs around 10 tons per thimbleful. It would be so heavy that 100 strong men couldn't lift it!

A Neutron stars density is eqivalent to the mass of the entire human population compressed into the size of a sugar cube.

If our Sun turned into a black hole, the event horizon could be surrounded by a circle just 9 kilometres—about 6 miles—around. (The Sun as it is today is over four million kilometres—3 million miles—around.).

Boy and I thought I was dense! :shock:

Comments

• mellman01
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    A long time ago I was abducted by an alien race who injected me with arthritis along with the other 6 million people in the UK who have the condition, ha! you may :D but I can prove it!

Have you ever walked into a room , stopped and wondered why yo had gone into that room? This was the moment when you were returned to Earth, shortly afterwards you were diagnosed with arthritis, right? You are one of the Chosen Ones, only the pick of the race have Arthritis

Some of us, still have the anal probe that the aliens used on us. I keep mine next to the norty books in my sock drawer, where do you keep yours? :shock:

rehab for gods sake put the tinfoil cone back on your head, their controling your mind!.
  • bobbid
    bobbid Member Posts: 85
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    A long time ago I was abducted by an alien race who injected me with arthritis along with the other 6 million people in the UK who have the condition, ha! you may :D but I can prove it!

Have you ever walked into a room , stopped and wondered why yo had gone into that room? This was the moment when you were returned to Earth, shortly afterwards you were diagnosed with arthritis, right? You are one of the Chosen Ones, only the pick of the race have Arthritis

Some of us, still have the anal probe that the aliens used on us. I keep mine next to the norty books in my sock drawer, where do you keep yours? :shock:

If it is a cloudy night and you are unable to see any celestial bodies, you could always study my heavenly body!
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    I cottoned on ages ago to the shapeshifter, distintive things shapeshifters are :wink: I can spot one miles away. :wink:
    Beware. keep your hands in your pockets & pension books in your safes. :lol::lol::lol:
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    :wink::lol::lol::lol:
  • mellman01
    Options
    For gods sake can I have my post back you lot, ye gods have you all been on pot noodles again!? :roll:
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    my brain aches :lol:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • mellman01
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    my brain aches :lol:

You got a brain!!!???, I've only got a turnip for one, well if was good enough for wurzel gummidge it's good enough for me, now I gots to toddle off coz I needs to catch the 11 to 12'tee bus with dear old Aunt Sally I as!
  • mellman01
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Did you know Jupiter has 63 moons, I bet the tides are awful. :mrgreen:

Are they suffering from global warming as well do you know!?.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Right lets get this back on track then shall we.

Do you know if a magnater was the same distance from Earth as the moon it’s gravitational field would be so strong it would pull all the water molecules apart in your body!, now how strange is that then!!?? Oh and it would mess up all your credit cards as well!.
  • mellman01
    Options
    is that the same thing that happens when we beam outa here :shock: " beam me up scotty"!!! :lol::lol:

Why do you want to be beamed "up Scotty!" what has he got hidden up there?
  • mellman01
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Yer legs would fall off crutches.gif

I you could be right but look on the up side he is worth a few quid in scrap,not to mention the price we would get for his unrended carcas.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Do you know if mount everest were the density of black hole matter it would be smaller than an atom, and if you dropped it it would work it's way to the centre of the Earth and from there consume it from the inside out!, strange old fing is space init!? :shock:
  • mellman01
    Options
    All the heavier elements above iron were all made in the outer layers of a type 2 supernova and not in the core, that’s why they are much less common than all the lighter elements, and all the atoms in your body all came from supernova explosions, space is a funny old place init!? :shock:
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Well, I never did! .............and with a bit of luck I never will.

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    If you have ever seen a picture of a nebula such as the crab nebula (the cat’s eye nebula is a really nice one to Google) the surrounding orb of beautiful neon colours that you can see come from the debris shroud that encircle the super nova that came from the original star when it exploded, this matter is then made to glow by the strong radiation fields that are now being beamed out of the poles of the pulsar as it rotates, in time this will slow down and in the end stop rotating until there is nothing left to see.
    Space is a funny old place isn’t it!?
  • mellman01
    Options
    On a space post no one can hear you scream!.

It's got somfing to do wiv me being the only one on here I bet!. :mrgreen:
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I thought I heard a bogwoppit crying out somewhere in the universe :!: :shock: Was it causing chaos again :?: :D
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Good grief.......... that's what kept me awake last night.........

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Yes, Annie, now you know :!: :shock: :shock:
  • mellman01
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:

Oi can I have me post back, right thankyou, Google cats eye nebula and then go to images at the top of the screen it's so beautiful you gotta see it!. :shock:
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    WOW! It is great and that flying saucer thing in the top right corner was amazing, how did they manage to get that shot?

Cynical bugger u is rehab! :roll: :mrgreen:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

Oi can I have me post back, right thankyou, Google cats eye nebula and then go to images at the top of the screen it's so beautiful you gotta see it!. :shock:

Sorry for highjacking your thread.

I have googled the cats eye nebula, and it really is as you said, with beautiful colours.

No flying saucers in sight :!:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    mellman01 wrote:
    rehab44 wrote:
    WOW! It is great and that flying saucer thing in the top right corner was amazing, how did they manage to get that shot?

Cynical bugger u is rehab! :roll: :mrgreen:
    :D

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this at a distance of roughly ninety-two million miles is an utterly insignificant little blue green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea. On this planet there lies a small island called Britain. On this island resides a male of the species homo sapiens he is banging his head against his computer monitor and muttering something about, 'not getting the hang of Thursdays'

Never mind, it will soon be Friday :!: :D
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Yes, I had a look, you are so right, Mell - it's breathtakingly beautiful! No UFO's!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Try Googling the Fire Nebula

Is that the same as the Flaming Star Nebula :?: I found that, and it was very beautiful.