Exotic space thingies

Options

Comments

• annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Not yet, Joan - and as for the conventional matter couplings they are only X rated when they turn unconventional! Then it makes your eyes pop out!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I see, Annie. Is that what's meant by non-perturbative :?: but you would think that they would be perturbative when they turned unconventional, wouldn't you :?: :shock:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • annie_mial
    Options
    Certainly, if I apply it to me, I do get very perturbed when I get all unconventional.......presumably it works the same way. Mmmmmm...........on thinking about it, do they know they are being unconventional? They surely wouldn't worry if they didn't......and then, of course, the situation wouldn't arise!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Well Annie, it's all a matter of gravity and background independent quantization of general relativity, but then you already knew that, didn't you????

We'll have to ask Mell. He's the expert!!
  • annie_mial
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Well Annie, it's all a matter of gravity and background independent quantization of general relativity, but then you already knew that, didn't you????

We'll have to ask Mell. He's the expert!!

Gravity I can just about cope with, although my feet can't on occasion..........but which independent agents are causing the quantization of general rubbish,,,er, I mean relativity?

Yes, let's ask Mell! My brain hurts!

Annie
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi Annie well it's complex but in reality(if even that exists in this time construct) it may be expressed like this(see below). Mind you if your standing on the event horizon of a black hole it's not going to explain or help the fact that your legs have been streatched of into what is seen by you as infinity and also why have your feet have just been pulled of from your legs by and increasing gravity flux near said pinkies!?.

In the Bohr-Sommerfeld-like quantum rules for gravity, it is argued that Einstein's Riemannian theory of general relativity rather leads to a quantum field-mechanics rather than to a quantum-field theory of gravity. We construct the canonically conjugate coordinates and momenta of this gravito-dynamics in the framework of the Einstein-Cartan teleparallelism. :mrgreen:

As the Meerkat say's "simple"!?. :wink:
  • annie_mial
    Options
    He likes to show vat i can do!

Annie
  • mellman01
    Options
    rehab44 wrote:
    I blame the Pope

So do I then Blair and Hitler, oh and Jeremy ( I'm as daft as a badger) Vine, boy does he get my goat, honestly the chap is a right pillock. :roll:
  • mellman01
    Options
    Mell you are a daft spacy thing !!! :lol::lol:

I all true pixy I is!. :P
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Has anybody else watched the super massive gamma ray burst on Youtube yet :?: :?: :?:

It is GREAT :!: :!: Give it a go, if you haven't already :!:
  • mellman01
    Options
    joanlawson wrote:
    Has anybody else watched the super massive gamma ray burst on Youtube yet :?: :?: :?:

I think there are a few films on U Tube regarding magnetars as well Joan.
  • annie_mial
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    Hi Annie well it's complex but in reality(if even that exists in this time construct) it may be expressed like this(see below). Mind you if your standing on the event horizon of a black hole it's not going to explain or help the fact that your legs have been streatched of into what is seen by you as infinity and also why have your feet have just been pulled of from your legs by and increasing gravity flux near said pinkies!?.

In the Bohr-Sommerfeld-like quantum rules for gravity, it is argued that Einstein's Riemannian theory of general relativity rather leads to a quantum field-mechanics rather than to a quantum-field theory of gravity. We construct the canonically conjugate coordinates and momenta of this gravito-dynamics in the framework of the Einstein-Cartan teleparallelism. :mrgreen:

As the Meerkat say's "simple"!?. :wink:

Thank you, Mell. I'm going to try reading that when my brain is less curdled and see what it says to me!

Annie
  • joanlawson
    Options
    mellman01 wrote:
    joanlawson wrote:

I think there are a few films on U Tube regarding magnetars as well Joan.

Thanks, Mell. I've just watched one. All very interesting, isn't it :?: I still like the super massive gamma ray burst though ( I even like it's name :!: )
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi Joan yeah the gamma ray bursts are the killer out of the cosmic arms race, and the films on U Tube really give it some depth to just what they are probably like. :shock:

Quote Annie.

Thank you, Mell. I'm going to try reading that when my brain is less curdled and see what it says to me!

Wll Annie if you work it out let me know coz I haven't got a clue what it means!, I just cut and pasted it from the web!!!. :mrgreen::wink:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    An Extraordinary Flare

On December 27, 2004, astronomers detected a flash of energy from across our Milky Way galaxy so powerful that it bounced off the Moon and lit up Earth's upper atmosphere.

The flash, which lasted more than one-tenth of a second, was brighter than anything ever detected from beyond our Solar System.

NASA and European astronomy satellites and many radiotelescopes on Earth recorded the flash.

Scientists discovered the flash of energy came from a magnetar, ­ the neutron star SGR 1806-20 ­ some 50,000 lightyears away in an area of Earth's sky known as the constellation Sagittarius.

Hi Mell

I dicovered this about a magnetar. Sagittarius is my birth sign, and the 27th ( not 2004 though!! ) is my birth date. Spooky, isn't it :?: :?: :shock:
  • mellman01
    Options
    It’s written in the stars Joan!. :shock:
    Hey have a look at the butterfly nebula M2-9 it’s another impressive dying star. :wink:
  • joanlawson
    Options
    I've got to go to my art class now, but I will look when I get back. All these space thingies are inspiring me to paint an abstract painting. They are so beautiful, and the colours are so vibrant.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Mell

I'm back now and I found a lovely image of the butterfly nebula on this link;

www.starrycritters.com/tag/butterfly-nebula/ .

It is such lovely rainbow colours, and it really is like butterfly wings. I have really enjoyed finding out about all these things which i didn't realise existed, so thanks.
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Thanks Del. I looked, and the horse head is interesting. Very colourful too.
  • mellman01
    Options
    Hi delboy is the picture gaseous pillars, the taken by hubble??
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    i take a look at the astronomy picture of the day every day, don't think there's one i have not liked.
    just love to stare at these photo's and marvel at our universe.

here's another site i like to read regular http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/
  • joanlawson
    Options
    Hi Fester

Thanks for the link. I'm space addicted now, so need my daily fix :!: :shock: :D
  • mellman01
    Options
    Thanks delboy I'll have a look later, going to go on u Tube now to look up black holes.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    :shock: I once went on you tube and typed in black hole(sons project) lets just say it made my eyes water :shock:
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • joanlawson
    Options
    fester wrote:
    i take a look at the astronomy picture of the day every day, don't think there's one i have not liked.
    just love to stare at these photo's and marvel at our universe.

here's another site i like to read regular http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/

I like this daily galaxy site, and it is full of information as well as excellent pictures. You are right, Fester, our universe is a marvel :!: