Options
124»

Comments

• janie68
    janie68 Member Posts: 1,186
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi

mine is a bit boring I'm afraid, Janie as that's what my hubby calls me instead of plain Jane and 68 as that's our house number.

I'm loving your username, they are so inventive,I mean usernames, think it's time for bed. zzzzzzzzzz

Janie
  • countessheather
    countessheather Member Posts: 114
    Options
    I am what I am - mine is real as I married an Earl in 1996(Life Peer) but since he died 4 years ago offcially I am a Dowager Countess -in other words a `widdow lady'. But before you all start your nonsence I am not pretentious nor loaded - a true `english aristocrat' poor as a church mouse! And the title reverts back to the crown when I go to the happy hunting, shooting and fishing ground - only joking. I dont hunt, shoot or fish :lol:
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    well hello COUNTESSHEATHER , i would curt see if my knees would let me , :lol: when i have had them fixed can i have your fishing rites please xxx :D
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    I am what I am - mine is real as I married an Earl in 1996(Life Peer) but since he died 4 years ago offcially I am a Dowager Countess -in other words a `widdow lady'. But before you all start your nonsence I am not pretentious nor loaded - a true `english aristocrat' poor as a church mouse! And the title reverts back to the crown when I go to the happy hunting, shooting and fishing ground - only joking. I dont hunt, shoot or fish :lol:
    now would we make anything of it . ok we would but only in the best of taste lol. b025.gif

welcome to the cafe will not even put red carpet out we might give you the hoover lol and tea and cake arther does not mind who he gets does he
    val
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Bertyboy well Sharmaine Is my middle name and the name my OH always calls me. When I'm being a pain he calles me Sharheadache Donna whinge ....donna is my third name. I always think of myself as being a Sharmaine. Charming sharmaine ...when I'm being ultra pleasant.

OH has other names he calls me not worth repeating on here!

Sharmaine

bertyboy wrote:
    mine tells me i love dogs :D
  • harleyd14
    harleyd14 Member Posts: 259
    Options
    mine is because me, my hubby and brother are all ex-bikers.
    HARLEYD - for my brother as he had a Harley Davidson before his dementia took hold, so its my bit for him, coz i love him
    and 14 because this is my birthdate Feb 14th.
    Sally.xx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    My username is my real name plus "finn" because I am half Finnish. :D I knew it was a username that I would never forget.

No comments please :lol::lol::lol::lol: half Finnish not half finished. :roll: :lol:
    E x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • crinkly1
    crinkly1 Member Posts: 156
    Options
    Mine? Well, our kids, when teenagers, referred to us as 'the wrinklies' for obvious reasons to which it seemed appropriate to add a snippet of 'creaky' - again pretty obvious. And I'm definitely a 1-off!

So it helps me in my efforts not to take myself too seriously but to make allowances for arthur. (Don't always succeed with the latter though!) At the end there's just an afterthought of self-confidence to boost me through the less good days.

Crinkly1 - aka Alison
  • ichabod6
    ichabod6 Member Posts: 843
    Options
    Because it is my favourite name and I have
    six grandchildren
  • countessheather
    countessheather Member Posts: 114
    Options
    Val I love the animation and I love to Hoover so perfect! :lol:
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    Bumped up for people to update.

Joseph 8)
    Josephm0310.gif
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    tkachev wrote:
    Bertyboy long confused me on the gender issue!
    Tkachev is named after a russian gymnast(male) but he invented a move........a straddle, release , go backwards over the bar and catch the bar the other side .It is actually a very common move.
    It is a silent T and katchev is the pronounciation . I could have chosen shaposhnikova, another Russian gymnast, but thought that might be a bit too much.
    Elizabeth

So what is your connection/ fascination / link to Russian gymnasts - may I ask??

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Trisher

Well I really don't know because I'm silly or daft you choose
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    Well mine is a bit special to me, it reminds me that at the grand old age of 50 my hubby and I adopted our darling boy and obtained guardianship for our lovely girl, and for the second time around, I'm a mummy again!!!! Loving every minute of it, having a five year old around and his 15 year old sister is keeping us on our toes and has added so much to our lives. We feel very blessed and very tired, particularly when arthur is working overtime!! :D:D:D
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Berty,

I was reading this fascinating, brainchild thread of yours last night ... and couldn't work out why my anwer that I remembered posting had disappeared into cyber space ... it is because their is a similar thread on the living forum ... and I had posted there instead.

So this is what I said,

Interesting thread.

Before my OA got so bad I was always dashing about like greece-lightning ...

As arther took hold, friends/colleagues called me hop-along - but that name was taken ... hence I chose Speedalong.

I prefer humour to sympathy.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Dreamdaisy. Last year when I hit 50 The Husband bought me a car, a little blue Micra I called Daisy. I dream about her so dreamdaisy. The DD is obviously shorthand but it also represents the cup size to which I would like to return. I kid you not, grown cats could use one of my bras as a hammock for two. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • only49
    only49 Member Posts: 1,207
    Options
    harleyd14 wrote:
    mine is because me, my hubby and brother are all ex-bikers.
    HARLEYD - for my brother as he had a Harley Davidson before his dementia took hold, so its my bit for him, coz i love him
    and 14 because this is my birthdate Feb 14th.
    Sally.xx
    wow thats amazing my birthday feb 14th as well hubby cant forget it ha ha
    sylvia :)stern02.gif
  • only49
    Options
    mine's only because i felt that i was too young to have to put up with arthur, and i am the only one, and 49 and in feb to be 50 not sure apart ap party for 50th ( its only a number )

my real name is sylvia

and if ever you listen to the song called sylvia's mother, its not true, i do my own thing ha ha
  • speedalong
    Options
    only49 wrote:
    mine's only because i felt that i was too young to have to put up with arthur, and i am the only one, and 49 and in feb to be 50 not sure apart ap party for 50th ( its only a number )

my real name is sylvia

and if ever you listen to the song called sylvia's mother, its not true, i do my own thing ha ha
    :lol::lol::lol:

If you didn't live so far away - my S would think you should definitely have a 5oth party and invite him!! We went to a friends 50th last year and he can't understand why she isn't doing the same big bash for her 51st!! I told her she might when she is 60 .. He'll not let her forget!!

Speedy
  • only49
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    only49 wrote:

my real name is sylvia

:lol::lol::lol:

If you didn't live so far away - my S would think you should definitely have a 5oth party and invite him!! We went to a friends 50th last year and he can't understand why she isn't doing the same big bash for her 51st!! I told her she might when she is 60 .. He'll not let her forget!!

Speedy
    i see how i feel when it happens
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    tkachev wrote:
    Bertyboy long confused me on the gender issue!
    Tkachev is named after a russian gymnast(male) but he invented a move........a straddle, release , go backwards over the bar and catch the bar the other side .It is actually a very common move.
    It is a silent T and katchev is the pronounciation . I could have chosen shaposhnikova, another Russian gymnast, but thought that might be a bit too much.
    Elizabeth

So what is your connection/ fascination / link to Russian gymnasts - may I ask??

Speedy

I am obsessed with gymnastics Speedalong. Started in 1972 and competed myself until a mum and then tried to teach(but they brought in so many new coaching courses and elf and safety issues) have followed the sport for years. I am some famous gymnast on all forums and posts!
    Sadly arther had destroyed my body so no longer a lovely, bendy,flexible person but thats life! :cry:
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Bet you still dream bendy and flexible tho - if a dream involves stairs I still float down like a film star, not the hobbling, tottering gross representation of a human that I now am.

Is the tkachev the one where they swing round the bar, full stretch, then let go at at some point, turn round and catch the bar again? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    If I could do a link I would show you. You go backwards in a straddle over the bar, no hands, and catch it as you fly over.No turning although you can now grab the bar with your hands reversed to make a sharp turn on the catch.

I preferred the beam and still imagine I am somersaulting!
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein