pre-op/op date

Options
13»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 25. Apr 2010, 18:41
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth, that is a success story - I want to be able to walk with S to the postbox and local shops again and for a walk round the park etc

Speedalong

PS just typed a very long paragraph about constipation - will paste into PM or this will end up being very off topic!!!
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi, I hope that you find the answers to your problems. All I can say is I hope things go really well for you and a solution works out.

Good luck with everything, lots of love Sue xxxx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Thanks Sue.

Speedalong
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • speedalong
    Options
    Having a mad-clear-the-clutter day. S has gone to school and I've a list of jobs ie defrost freezer, reorganise and clean out fridge, clean kitchen and bathroom etc ... instead am doing major clutter removal - why didn't I start this yonks ago when I had more time (ok on other Mondays when S was at school and I wasn't.) I know I'm going to ache tomorrow - but it is VERY satisfying. Just resting after some very heavy lugging. I think it is the though of having to look at it day in day out and not be able to do anything about it, whilst I'm on recovery ....

Well better get on - that was my sit down. S back in 3 hours ....

Speedalong
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    hi Speedalong do take a little time out to rest so you are not worn out before your op [easyer said than done i know ] but you know what i mean xxxxxxx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Berty,

I do know what you mean and know you are recommended to come to hospital rested .... I wonder how many folks actually manage it?!!

I will rest best when everything is done ... but that might mean resting right at the end ie evening of the night before!! Am beginning to wonder if there is anyway I could finish work a day earlier...

How are you doing? Done any more "ambling" today?

Speedalong
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    speedalong wrote:

I do know .... you are recommended to come to hospital rested .... I wonder how many folks actually manage it?!!

I will rest best when everything is done ...
    Speedalong

Hi speedalong :D

managed to find any of that elusive 'rest' yet?

..... or are you still in hyperactivity organising mode. :lol::lol:

a060.gif
    a080.gif

Iris x
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Iris,

Fab - emoticons on your message - very apt. Reminds me of a mug one of my TA's bought me one year when we had a particularly challenging class - which said "Good morning, let the stress begin!" and had a great picture on it too.

decided today that I wanted to finish a day earlier at work ie make the Thursday my last day!!! (I don't work Mondays anyway.) That leaves me 3 S free days for prep instead of 2 ... and feels much more manageable.

My classroom is virtually done and am just waiting for friends to put more in the loft. Made good headway yesterday at home and with additional day WILL be ready and might even be able to take it a bit easy on the Tuesday!! There was one day where my fab friend wanted to run a half marathon she was training for and have secured another family to support S and I so she will still be able to run - so that is good.

Speedalong
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hi speedalong,

glad you are still on top of things (knew you would be :wink: ) although it does still sound hectic for you.

the days will fly by now and before you know it you'll be on countdown. :!:

Just a good job they are giving you a GA or you'd be off cleaning the wards and organising the surgeon's lists. :!:

you have some good people around you for S and for you which is such a reassurance I'm sure . :wink:

Iris x :mrgreen: