one for the ladies - shaving your legs!!

Options

Comments

• fourferrets
    fourferrets Member Posts: 44
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Get yourself one of these!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidh3160/3043525580/

EEK! :shock:
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm sorry speedy but this thread has made me laugh, the things we go through, never thought about using veet. Cris I might have to use your shears as I can't bend down to mine :shock: :lol::lol::lol: From now on eyebrows will be called earbrows, love it :lol:

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    DD - yes, she did a skin test first and we only use the extra sensitive one because of her ezcema.

I don't use it myself because it's quicker to take a razor to underarms and legs when I remember they need doing in the shower. I don't use any kind of cream first - I know, I know, I should, but it has never happened yet!

I get my face and eyebrows waxed by a beautician once a month. I'd never DARE do my own eyebrows, they wouldn't be even and the beautician is a friend of mine and we have a good gossip while she works her magic.

Something not mentioned yet - has anyone tried threading? I've had it done a few times, it's just as effective as waxing - and just as painful. In fact, it feels worse because it's not as quick as waxing. So I changed to waxing after a few times of pain and not looking forward to having it done.

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Nina, I am so gald you did a patch test, it is easy to forget these things! I had to resort to Veet when I was on cyclosporin - the backs of my hands were so hairy I looked like a werewolf. Other bits (which will not be detailed) also sprang into hairy life. The Husband started calling me Tango, referencing the fact I looked like an orang utan. So very clever. And so not needed. I will, in due course, point out to him that at a lofty 5'8" (nearly) I can see his bald patches (he is a mere 5'3"). This is powder that I am keeping dry for emergency use.

Seriously, try hair conditioner. I use Sainsbury's chamomile, 70p (or thereabouts) for half a litre, works like a dream.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Get yourself one of these!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidh3160/3043525580/

EEK! :shock:

:shock: :!: :shock:

ohh-errr!!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • speedalong
    Options
    Thanks for the offer Cris, if I can't get any veet locally, perhaps you could fly over with the shears ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Remembered now: if anyone out there is on Cyclosporin do not use an epilator, the cyclo does affect skin, hence the extra hair growth on places where you really do not need it. DD
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well? Is one less hirsute now? DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    Just need to get the Veet. Over the weekend life revolves around S and then was grounded and had to fit in walk, physio and rest before S arrived ... friend taking me out today - so might manage to get some today - if not it will be via Tesco online shop ... will wait until consultant says no TEDS - don't want to tempt fate!!

Speedy
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh poor you, still waiting. Does make you feel low, doesn't it? I'm struggling with the all-over body moisturise post shower. I know I'll feel better in myself when I've done it, it's just such a performance at the mo! A flaky DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh poor you, still waiting. Does make you feel low, doesn't it? I'm struggling with the all-over body moisturise post shower. I know I'll feel better in myself when I've done it, it's just such a performance at the mo! A flaky DD

Now there is a thought I'd forgotten - with a bit of luck I will be able to have showers whenever I fancy!! I'm struggling at the mo because all though I can not remove TEDS (if VERY determined, I can't put them on again ...) and with never knowing what time nurse is coming ...I've not been able to have a shower ... because of getting out of bath quickly, decent and to door ....

The sustained report writing did not agree with my hip and I'm paying ... how quickly one forgets about pain and how quickly one can be reminded!! This is a positive to focus on.

Do you use any gadgets to help with mosturising?

Speedy
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Speedy

My sister has cerebral palsy, is wheelchair bound with some restricted movement and can't reach all her body parts to moisturise. She uses the spray on sun cream with moisturiser for parts she can't reach and doesn't want anyone else to do for her.

Nx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh, HOW I envy you. 'How quickly one forgets about pain . . ' No I bl**dy don't! It's always bl**dy there! My PASO was in fine form last night. Having said that I don't wish for a pain-free day because it will only come back and you have to adjust all over again. Life's too short for mucking about with that. I'm sorry your hip is troubling you - it's all about finding a balance, isn't it? And everyone's balance is different! Take it easy today - have you fnished your reports? DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    ninakang wrote:
    Speedy

My sister has cerebral palsy, is wheelchair bound with some restricted movement and can't reach all her body parts to moisturise. She uses the spray on sun cream with moisturiser for parts she can't reach and doesn't want anyone else to do for her.

Nx

Ingenious.

Speedy
  • speedalong
    Options
    Oh, HOW I envy you. 'How quickly one forgets about pain . . '
    Think that is why I have been SO happy for the last month or so ... prior to that pain was there every day. Got used to being in a little discomfort only ... this was a rude awakening and reminder of life pre-op.
    No I bl**dy don't! It's always bl**dy there! My PASO was in fine form last night. Having said that I don't wish for a pain-free day because it will only come back and you have to adjust all over again. Life's too short for mucking about with that.
    Sorry DD, didn't mean to rub it in or make you feel worse.
    I'm sorry your hip is troubling you - it's all about finding a balance, isn't it? And everyone's balance is different!
    Yes - this is all new, and I'm learning all the time. Both legs ache today, this is muscular though - not joints.
    Take it easy today - have you fnished your reports? DD [/quote]
    Went to a friends house for chat and lunch. I haven't done any physio or distance walking. Had a sleep this morning. Haven't done any more on reports ...

I am meeting my class at a cafe tomorrow afternoon. I think my TA's want me to grill the poor supply who has evidently taught the children nothing ... I just want to enjoy seeing the kids!!

Speedy
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    They'll be pleased to see you too, no doubt! DD
  • speedalong
    Options
    It'll be interesting to see what the children think. Some of the lower ability children I have taught with special needs in the past have ignored me/refused to acknowledge me in September when they have gone into a new class ... it's like they are saying you sent me into a new class - so I wont talk to you anymore. So the majority might end up ignoring me!!

Speedy
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi all

this thread has had me crying with laughter .. worth staying up to read ..

I am facing the same dilemma Speedy, but I had decided to have a go with a disposable lady razor sellotaped to a spare wooden bar from the baby gate that I use to keep the dogs in the kitchen .... I am not bothered about a close finish!!

Marion
  • speedalong
    Options
    Wow Marion, please be careful!!

And let us know if it works ...

Talking of hairy legs ... S was in stitches watching an ad for the World Cup - there was a short clip of a chap in the bath shaving his legs with foam and a disposable razor - he really got the giggles.

Speedy
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Marion and Speedy,

that's it I am on the way with the sheep shears, you both better not kick :lol::lol::lol: It will be ok the blades have just been sharpened :lol::lol:

Good luck Mario with that but make sure its well on and can't slip... see me and my shares are the best option.... will do your ear brow as well Speedy :lol::lol: xx
  • speedalong
    Options
    Hi Cris, I won't kick as long as you promise not to hold/touch my feet - I'm very ticklish ...

You could branch into human "shearing" got to be easier than shearing sheep?!!

Speedy
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Speedy,

If you kick I will just put you on your back :lol::lol::lol: Hey I do half decent manicure with the clippers as well and lather you in purple spray s well :wink:

Hey in my opinion ANYTHING is easier than sheep shearing :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: xxx
  • speedalong
    Options
    I'll bear that all in mind, Cris ...

:lol::lol::lol:

Speedy

PS whilst doing physio noticed hairs sprouting out of top of TEDS particularly on outside of knee cap on op leg :shock: :?

Good job Tesco delivery comes tomorrow evening ...
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    I do Gillians as and when required as she can't get to do hers at all. I perfer to use venus razor or similar on her but being on warfarin she somewhat scared of cuts on her legs and ahem! certain areas :oops:

So on the lookout for a decent electric shaver or that new epilator advertised on tv (can't remember the name,have to keep an eye out) thats gets real close to small hairs (have suggested veet or nair but Gill being a fussy bugger can't stand the smell of the chemicals.

Thank god we men don't have to worry about shaving apart from our faces obviously the exception being the more modern man shall we say :wink:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Modern men wax. Ooooooh! DD