one for the ladies - shaving your legs!!

Options
13»

Comments

• speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    They are welcome to the wax ... :shock: :!:

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 25. Jun 2010, 08:16
    Options
    Hi Speedy

:lol: If you have a shower cubicle, are you able to stand on one leg, whilst leaning on one wall and throw your other leg up onto the opposite wall :lol:?? If so, you can shave each leg without having to bend down :lol::lol: That is what I do in the shower sometimes! :lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    I go for the salon leg wax every time.

Kath x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    kathbee wrote:
    I go for the salon leg wax every time.

Kath x

Hi Kath :wink::D:D

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    marion1952 wrote:
    Hi all

this thread has had me crying with laughter .. worth staying up to read ..

I am facing the same dilemma Speedy, but I had decided to have a go with a disposable lady razor sellotaped to a spare wooden bar from the baby gate that I use to keep the dogs in the kitchen .... I am not bothered about a close finish!!

Marion

:D:D:D:D:D

Marion,

I'm sorry but that image had me laughing so loud I had to show the girls on my team what I was laughing about! The image!

Nx
  • kathbee
    kathbee Member Posts: 934
    Options
    marion1952 wrote:
    Hi all

this thread has had me crying with laughter .. worth staying up to read ..

I am facing the same dilemma Speedy, but I had decided to have a go with a disposable lady razor sellotaped to a spare wooden bar from the baby gate that I use to keep the dogs in the kitchen .... I am not bothered about a close finish!!

Marion

Gosh Marion the mind boggles

Kath
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Well actually Elna you are not far from the truth ...
    This very morning, I lay on my bed - no pillows - lifted op leg up in the air to dead on 90 degrees and used my very old ladyshave - results probably on par to Marion's efforts ... but will save Cris and the shears a journey!!

(The old THR leg was not able to do the same manoever (Sp?*) so I

So am still saving the Veet ... (which incidentally the tesco man delivered the other day,) for my TEDless celebrations.

Ow Kath - I'm not into pain for gain ... rather you than me.

Speedy

*see Airwave - even teachers need dictionaries occasionally :lol:
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    How often does anyone write the word manoeuvre? Not very, so why would you remember how to spell it? Having said that, thanks to babcham's plaintive post from the depths of Derbyshire I have typed the word 'picallili' more than seven times in the past week. Weird.

Well done speedy, feel better now? Hope so! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Nina

I'll let you know if fixing the razor onto the spare bar off the child gate works!! .. not plucked up enough courage yet to give it a try..

Hi Elna

Gosh you must be fit! I don't think I could throw a leg at a shower cubicle wall before I had my RA and OA - never mind now!!

Marion x
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Hi Cris

Do you do ladies haircuts with those shears too? My mop has not been cut now for 12 weeks so it's pretty shaggy - the only good thing is that I have saved about £150 by not going to the hairdressers.. your purple spray would be a nice change from my usual highlights too..

Marion x
  • elnafinn
    Options
    marion1952 wrote:
    Hi Elna Gosh you must be fit! I don't think I could throw a leg at a shower cubicle wall before I had my RA and OA - never mind now!! Marion x

:lol::lol: Hi Marion, I am just weird :lol::lol:

Luv
    Elna x

• skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Marion,

Course I will do your hair as well... will use the hand shears and you might look a bit different but with the purple spray highlights no one will notice :lol::lol::lol: Hey got a bit of green hoof spray as well.... you could look really good :lol::lol::lol: Cris x