Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    trisher wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth

Sorry to hear about your dayghter.

There is a medicine that helps with that. I'm not sure how old your daughter is and whether she is old enough to take this.

It is called Lactulous I think it is the right spelling.........it is quite sweet. You could ask the chemist or maybe it would be better if you ask the doctor.

My uncle had to have this and it really helped.

I hope something works soon for her.

Love Trish xxx

She resists movicol and lactoluse Trisher.It is sweet but she refuses to take it but then it might be she is scared to go and wanst to avoid anything that will help..the adult suppositry will break it down I am told cos lump is too big to get out on its own..Anyway so far things are moving(apologies) I am, pleased to say.
    Many thanks

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    snowball wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth I've just remembered swimming was good at getting his bowels moveing, but saying that once he realised he wouldn't go in the water again. I do hope it went well.

Julie xx

I am sorry you have had to go through this too. Exersise is good but trying to get a constantly leaking child to do swimming and gym is almost impossible. I am just worried about this going too far and causing horrible difficulties as she gets older. The GP assures me it isnt too late.One problem I had at the start is it took years for them to take the problem seriously. One paediatrician recommended movicol years ago but it was over a year before it was prescribed because they decided to concerntrate on toilet training instead.She didnt want the toilet because of all these problems but they insisted on going back to potty/toilet training and no nappies.
    Does your boy still have problems?I expect he wont want you to talk about it so you can pm me if you want.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Oh yes - does she like popcorn? I ask as a friend of mine whose daughter has the same problem serves this to her regularly - he's done his research and evidently it's a fun food that is high in fibre!

Speedy

Thankyou Speedy thats another good idea although I think with her wobbly teeth she might resist it!
    The new toy story 3 film will be out soon so could make it a home, family cinema event!
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thankyou everybody. The supp is working but more slowly than I hoped.
    Unfortunately I woke up in the middle of the night with yet another headache, but only took 2 paracetemol this time (see I do listen) but was sick twice. I am hoping that today is not too difficult or stressful as feeling somewhat delicate. I will be alone for a large part of morning as OH has to help at the school fayre.
    I will let you know if I have more success but wont be graphic I promise.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Wishing you both well - hopefully the world will fall from out from her bottom, but gently. (See what I did there?) Best of luck, tkachev and Lucy. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Well done Elizabeth and hugs to Lucy.

It is almost always accepted by the medical profession that any invasive procedure - no matter how minor - is always better administered by a parent, wherever possible, for obvious reasons. I know that you have found that before with Daniel. Cars....ears!!! You dun good girl!

Much love......Ange.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    edited 19. Jun 2010, 11:40
    Options
    Some great ideas on here Elizabeth ...

Hope you're headache goes - it sounds stress related to me ... I sometimes get migraines after a stressful event - dealing with the supp was stressful.

I hope she gets to pass lots of painfree pooh...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth
    hope you are feeling a bit better now, it was probably watching the England match that gave you the headache :roll:
    but really, hope your ok and your daughter is a bit lighter by the end of the day.
    Take care
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Elizabeth

Glad Lucy is getting some relief at last, and do hope she feels better soon. Hope your headaches are soon gone too, take care of yourself there. Sending hugs to you both. ((( )))

love
    Chris x
  • tkachev
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth
    hope you are feeling a bit better now, it was probably watching the England match that gave you the headache :roll:
    but really, hope your ok and your daughter is a bit lighter by the end of the day.
    Take care

I dont ever wake up with a headache so you could be right about the football. But i am never sick just feel like it so not sure why i was. I only had home made veg soup but one thin sliver of pizza later. It could be stress as speedy suggested but my life is always stressful.
    Anyway progress is slow here......

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No wonder you had/have a headache tkachev, a difficult day yesterday, not much to eat by the sound of it, worry, lack of fluids too perhaps. Drink some water regularly over the next few hours, that might help to rehydrate things. Dry brain = headache! Still thinking of you, hope things are improving. DD
  • tkachev
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    No wonder you had/have a headache tkachev, a difficult day yesterday, not much to eat by the sound of it, worry, lack of fluids too perhaps. Drink some water regularly over the next few hours, that might help to rehydrate things. Dry brain = headache! Still thinking of you, hope things are improving. DD

It was a big bowl of soup. And forgot the ice cream at the end of the match. Although it was on I was here there and everywhere because of Lucy.

Headache has gone now DD just feel weak but the kids are being great.
    E X

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh hun, I am so sorry, these things do take it out of one. Rest as much as you can. DD
  • tkachev
    Options
    Thats the problem Lynn, it shouldnt be like this . It should be something that comes naturally. All the problems it has caused her have been things that neednt happen- no gym, ballet anymore(she is a very good dancer) no trips out, unhappy at parties, missing and unhappy at school etc.

Progress is still too slow in my opinion although she seems happy and well.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Oh hun, I am so sorry, these things do take it out of one. Rest as much as you can. DD

Thankyou DD. I am getting more rest than I expected! The kids have been brilliant. Just one upset with Daniel all day.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    monday morning and the action has slowed down to normal levels again. I am wondering whether i should have another go? The GP seemed confident that it would remove lump but I think the majority of it is still there. I will however have to wait till end of the week because she will miss too much school otherwise.

I am feeling a bit deflated.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think yes. If the weekend has seen some results and she's coped with it, this is the time to press ahead. There's a great deal to clear, isn't there? For the sake of her general health I feel you should press on. Tough, yes, but why delay? DD
  • tkachev
    Options
    Yes there was a lot to start with so i will try to have another go but she hasnt been keen when I suggested it. I asked her what was the worst treatyment? Movicol, small supps or adult supps and she replied Movicol was the worst, small supps didnt work very well so adult supps was the best.
    Well school have called and my son has been sick on the mini bus so needs to come home. We have a man coming to measure for shutters and son hates strangers, and even our friends, in the house.Another busy day ahead.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    At least she accepts that the adult ones are better - that's encouraging. Now your son ! Oh tkachev, I fear it will never end! The more people there are in a house, the more there is to go wrong. I'll stop at me and the VVP, that's enough, and I can't manage us sometimes! DD
  • tkachev
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    At least she accepts that the adult ones are better - that's encouraging. Now your son ! Oh tkachev, I fear it will never end! The more people there are in a house, the more there is to go wrong. I'll stop at me and the VVP, that's enough, and I can't manage us sometimes! DD

DD did you hear about the South African woman who has ruptured her throat from playing the vuvu. BE WARNED.

I have a few spare mins until Dan is home or shutter man turns up.Washings on, much needed shower has been done, bleached the sinks, loos and bath as they are very much abused at the moment.Now time for a cuppa Methinks.

Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Elizabeth, every day that Lucy eats she adds more pooh to the backlog ... I would give her the choice movicol or adult supp once she is home from school ... They should start to work a bit quicker the softer the pooh becomes. Poohing every day (even more than once a day) is the only way the backlog is going to be shifted. Be matter of fact about all. Good luck with shutter man and Dan.

Meant to be writing my reports ...

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth
    just another day ah :roll:
    shame it didnt work as well as you hoped, how many did they give you for your daughter? as speedy says it is probably best to do it asap if you wait till weekend there will be alot more in there. i know its not that easy though when you got other things to deal with.
    take care
  • tkachev
    Options
    speedalong wrote:
    Elizabeth, every day that Lucy eats she adds more pooh to the backlog ... I would give her the choice movicol or adult supp once she is home from school ... They should start to work a bit quicker the softer the pooh becomes. Poohing every day (even more than once a day) is the only way the backlog is going to be shifted. Be matter of fact about all. Good luck with shutter man and Dan.

Meant to be writing my reports ...

Speedy
    Yes Speedy I do feel that it just needs a small push from now on.Otherwise it will just go back to square one.I am free enough to do this tonight.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tkachev
    Options
    page35 wrote:
    Hi Elizabeth
    just another day ah :roll:
    shame it didnt work as well as you hoped, how many did they give you for your daughter? as speedy says it is probably best to do it asap if you wait till weekend there will be alot more in there. i know its not that easy though when you got other things to deal with.
    take care

Well our friends turned up with whirlwind children unexpectedly so along with shutter man we had a house full but it turned out well. You never can tell. Dan just hid away but wasnt upset like he usually is.
    I got given 6 so can try again. She has assembly tomorrow so wont want to do this I am sure.GP said no need to come back this will work. It maybe working to an extent but was expecting more action!
    You take care too.
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Thinking of you both. I hope things are improving. DD