Where do they all go?

Options

Comments

• hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi,
    You were talking about the people online......check whose online now??? I'm not :cry::cry: and as most of you know I've posted quite a few posts over the day today........the stats are bonkers

Love
    Hileena
  • airwave
    airwave Member Posts: 579
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    Hi,
    You were talking about the people online......check whose online now??? I'm not :cry::cry: and as most of you know I've posted quite a few posts over the day today........the stats are bonkers

SW, where its sunnier than most other parts of the country and warmer and dryer and ....did I mention warmer?

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    We have now turned off the central heating 'cos it's bed-time - what country are you living in? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    airwave wrote:
    I just looked at the statistics for this site, there were 13 members online (over all the forums) at 1045 hrs on a Friday morning, the most online ever was 36. Where does everyone go to? Its hard to believe that so few use this service, over the whole 65 million or so people in the UK (including illegals! who I presume have their share of illness) only 13 have arther and were online? If you take the number who are logged in but not actually on the pages then the number who are active is very small.

So what else and where else do arthers go? I tend to sit here and use the puter when I want a rest and a cuppa. What do we really do with our time?

8) Its a grin, honest!

Although people of a very young age get arthritis, it is still a large percentage of older people that fall foul of arthur. Many may not have a pc or know how to use one. Some may have very limited knowledge about pcs and not google too much. They may not wish to join a forum. So perhaps that is why not so many people use this forum on a regular basis, although lots of people have arthritis. There are also those who work full/part time, have family commitments and lots of other interests.

As long as some people are on the forum to help out that is the main thing.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,486
    Options
    Airwave

There should have been 14!

i was missing.

Was at the hospital with my eldest daughter (15).

A lot can still work at different times and some have to. young children to look after or poorly ones so you cant sit down.

Some probably dont even KNOW about A/C?

Hope you are doing ok you pre-pensioner you?! :wink:

Glad WE are here at least :wink:

Love

Toni xx
  • airwave
    Options
    I may be a 'pre-pensioner', I now is grandpa! Baby arrived this morning and I am choking! :D

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • elnafinn
    Options
    airwave wrote:
    I may be a 'pre-pensioner', I now is grandpa! Baby arrived this morning and I am choking! :D

8) Its a grin, honest!

:D Congratulations! Baby boy or girl? Please tell. :D I have a nearly 2 year old grand daughter and she is the best thing since sliced bread. She is my tonic! I would never have believed how wonderful it is to be a grand parent. :D

I do hope you will be able to be with your grandchild often. He/she will definately change your life for the better :D:D You have been given a most precious gift :D

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    airwave wrote:

8) Its a grin, honest!

CONGRATULATIONS.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Is this your first? Sounds like it! How wonderful, I am so pleased for you. Obviously we want details: gender, weight, possible name, etc etc. When the champagne is swigged and the cigar smoked do furnish us with the details. I can see your grin from here! DD
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Congratulations......come on ....lets have all the details vital statistics LOL

Love
    Hileena
  • airwave
    edited 20. Jun 2010, 09:07
    Options
    Baby boy, he was 7lb 15oz and arrived in this world just after 4 this morning. He is a quiet model and likes cuddles! I am gonna be his carer after mum goes back to work, I'm the only one who's not in employment, we are going to swimming, beach, play school, tumble tots, swings and pub! He can have a orange juice and I can have a pint, yes? I can offer some useful role in life again.

The idea that I created a son and daughter and they have as well, life carries on despite what has happened.

8) Its a grin, honest!

P.S. bubbly is in the fridge for later.
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Congratulations Airwave :D:D:D:D:D:D Cris x
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    airwave wrote:
    Baby boy, he was 7lb 15oz and arrived in this world just after 4 this morning. He is a quiet model and likes cuddles! I am gonna be his carer after mum goes back to work, I'm the only one who's not in employment, we are going to swimming, beach, play school, tumble tots, swings and pub! He can have a orange juice and I can have a pint, yes? I can offer some useful role in life again.

The idea that I created a son and daughter and they have as well, life carries on despite what has happened.

8) Its a grin, honest!

I suspect, Airwave, YOU will be posting less often!!! :lol::lol::lol:
    Have fun, and don't forget to rest when the little'un is resting.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • caprica
    caprica Member Posts: 195
    Options
    aww congrats on the grandchild, that's awesome! :)

I check the forum every couple of days but often (like psyart said earlier in the thread) I dont have any advice to give because I've only had RA 7 months and my disease is mild so far and I dont have limitations to what I do, I'd feel a bit patronising pretending I understand what a lot of people have to deal with (although Im sure my time will come...ugh!).

It's just really reassuring to read the topics and know there are people out there who have similar problems.. if I have any constructive advice I comment and I try my best to help.. :) It's a really good place though full of great 'regulars' with plenty of support and experience. I've learnt way more on here than what my doctor's told me. Glad it's here!
  • marion1952
    marion1952 Member Posts: 963
    Options
    Many congratulations airwave..

Marion
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    airwave wrote:

8) Its a grin, honest!

congrats airwave, sounds like you will be a fantastic grandad :D
  • elnafinn
    Options
    airwave wrote:

8) Its a grin, honest!

Hi there!

You will have such an important role in life again, I tell you now and you will enjoy every minute of it, well perhaps not the nappies but even so, to me that is lovely :D

You will be knackered but very happily so, I tell you that as well. :lol: You will be a VIP from now on and very much appreciated by one and all. :D Very happy days are ahead for you.

Elna x

• dreamdaisy
    Options
    I suspect it's too soon to determine he's a quiet model - the little lad's still shell-shocked! He's been forcibly ejected from deep peace, darkness and warmth to noise, cold and brightness. He'll catch up! It is, tho, one of the very few sparks of good news the forums have had over the past few days. A new life: a time of hope, optimism and happiness. I have no maternal instinct whatsoever, but I am, faintly, jealous. Oo-er. :shock: DD
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Congrats Airwave!

Lois x
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    Ha I agree with DD i got a quiet one...for hmm a couple of weeks then he found his lungs. congratulations they are a blessing at any noise level

I work full time + a bit and I'm mother to a rather active toddler so my online time is usually limited to that spare 25th hour of the day :roll:
    I pop on when I can just to see what people are doing and say hi, wish I could come on more because I often feel like I'm answering a question far to late because i've had a busy week.

Really glad I can pop on tho
    Chrissie
  • airwave
    Options
    Thanks you so much for all your good words, it really has been a tonic to both of us, the thought of new life to carry on.

I think I got a little excited and was determined to wet the babies head, my daughter made lunch for me and I, in turn, made evening meal for my father and mother.......and opened a bottle of bubbly....and a bottle of wine and gave them a brandy with their coffee....hic.....hic..ssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

Oh what fun! Much better than pills.

8) Its a grin, honest!
  • jean123
    jean123 Member Posts: 642
    Options
    Many congratulations from me and the forum team.

Jean :D
  • elnafinn
    Options
    airwave wrote:
    Thanks you so much for all your good words, it really has been a tonic to both of us, the thought of new life to carry on.Oh what fun! Much better than pills.8) Its a grin, honest!

You have had a Father's Day to remember, big time, haven't you? I am so very pleased for you both. Looking after a grand child is so very different from looking after your own children.

Congratulations again, on becoming grand parents, sleep well :D

Elna x

• dreamdaisy
    Options
    Great-grandparents too! How's the head? DD
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    Congratulations airwave
    Joanne