Toni (frogmorton) could really do with some surport

Options
skezier
skezier Member Posts: 11,333
edited 21. Jun 2010, 17:02 in Community Chit-chat archive
Hi All,

Had a text from Toni last night, she had had a horrible day and her eldest was taken into hospital very ill with severe head pain and obvious brain involvement......

I rang Toni and she was obviously very upset and worried sick. They had the little un on a drip and she had responded etc and was coming out of it. This morning she is still on the drip but well enough to eat some breakfast. They are waiting for the doctor to come round and may/may not do a lumber puncture (hell I had a few of those and bless her I kinda hope they don't!)

Anyway please send healing vibes etc to them both, Toni never complains but she has had a lot of trouble with her bones the last ,month as well so it is both of them as a night in a pull out hospital bed wont have helped her bones too much.

I hope your all okish today? Luv and a ((( ))) Cris xx

Toni (((((((((( )))))))))) xxxxxx

Comments

• oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Send my regards to Toni and i hope everything is alright, i guess shes "all over the place" with the worry. My child had a lumbar puncture but hubbie went in with her, has Toni got someone to go in whilst they do it, i hope everyting okay,take care x (if doesnt come out right when typing, but hugs)
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Cris, please send Toni all my love, and let her know that I will be thinking of her, and her little girl, and hoping with all my heart that everything turns out well.........Much love to you too, for being there.......Ange.
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Sending love and support to you Toni and your little'un. I hope she is on a good ward and you are being kept informed and receiving the best possible medical attention and care. Being a parent certainly has highs and lows. Hang in there.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Oh Toni

So sorry to see this, do hope all goes well today and that your daughter is soon home and well again. I am thinking of you all and hoping for better news soon. Healing vibes and gentle hugs to you all. ((( )))

much love
    Chris xxx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Oneday,

I hope your child fully recovered and thanks from me as well as Toni. Do they do the same as adults? I was done leaning over the table. Toni will go with her but hates needles so I have told her to talk to little-un and don't look..... I have just passed it on to her and she wanted to thank you. ((( ))) and a hope your ok? Cris xx

Hi Lynn,

She has had a rough 24 hours for sure but she is sure they will be home soon, possibly today. They don't know whats happened but they have done so many tests they have been able to rule some things out..... More to come I think. ((())) xx

Hi Ange,

Just passed it on to her and I know she will be grateful as she is struggling a you can imagine. ((( ))) xx

Hi Speedy,

Messages f support are really helpful in these positions (I know from my drip just how much they help) so thank you and have passed it on. Hope your ok and a bit less hairy...sorry flower still laughing over your ears :lol::lol: ((( ))) xx

Hi Chris,

I have passed your love on and know it does help so much. Hope your ok? (((( )))) xxx

I shall keep you posted as soon as there is some news.

They are still waiting for the doctors but they must be round soon...... x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I'm sure I PMed you earlier today frog, but in case I didn't just a hello from me: thinking of you both. A tired and muddled DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Toni just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and your daughter, sending healing ((((((hugs)))))) to you and your little girl.

Love Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi Cris.
    thank you for letting us know about Toni's
    daughter.
    toni i'm thinking about you and your daughter
    and i hope you have good news soon.
    take care and i wish you all the best.
    (((((((((((((((toni and daughter)))))))))))))))))
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Toni
    I did wonder where you were. I am sorry to hear about your daughter. I hope everything is okay and under control in the hospital. They will look after her and monitor her.

Best wishes
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Hi Cris,

thanks for letting us know. Sorry I didn't see this till now.

Please let Toni know that we are thinking of her, and her daughter, and will be keeping everything crossed for them.

littlelegs has her nurses uniform on already, and is offering to come and help :wink: although I am not sure adding her to the room would keep things calm :lol::lol::lol: Tell her a cunning plan will be hatched if needed ..... the bus will soon be back from helping Debs out :wink:

loads of Wonky hugs (((((())))))
    Wonky xxxxx
  • ninakang
    ninakang Member Posts: 1,367
    Options
    Toni

I hope you and your family come through this OK - we're all thinking of you.

Nina XXXXX
  • minky67
    minky67 Member Posts: 2,328
    Options
    Hi Toni, Thank you for your text, sorry ive got more credit luv but im thinking of you both & hope Charlie is home soon.
    Luv N loads of hugs (((((()))))) coming your way.debs xx
    Look in your pocket cause im in there ok. :wink:
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi All,

Passed on all the messages and I know they mean a lot to Toni.

The good news is she is on her way home with a lot of antibiotics and I think another i/v drip to come.... my eyes are so bad I not sure if I read that right.

A big thank you all for your help to get Toni through this, she sounded so tired last night and I am 250ish miles away but so wish they were nearer..... I would have jumped in whats left of my car had I really believed it could do that mileage..... I don't know as it would make the Tamer..... being weighed in on monday :?

Thanks again, Cris the pigeon who is always available :wink: xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    skezier, as ever you are doing a wonderful job caring for others when you yourself are not finding things easy. Your efforts are much appreciated and highly valued. DD
  • wibberley
    wibberley Member Posts: 421
    Options
    Have just come across this and am so sorry to hear Toni's wee one has been so poorly. I hope she makes a full and speedy recovery.

So glad she didn't have the lumbar puncture. I had one when I was 15 and knew I was in for a bad time when they gave me a wooden stick to bite on when the pain got too much!

Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery,

Lois x
  • page35
    page35 Member Posts: 1,081
    Options
    oh Toni sorry to hear this hope she is feeling bit better now.
    you all take care
    Sharon x
  • lindalegs
    lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
    Options
    Oh Toni..... we'd rather it be us than one of our kids wouldn't we :(

The good news is she's responded to the drip and now the antibiotics should sort her out.

Time to put your nurses uniform on. :wink:

Try not to wear yourself out.

Love Legs XX
    Love, Legs x
    'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Hi Everyone

Thank you all so much for caring Cris of course for doing this and telling you all,(and the support last night when I needed it most) - conspicuous by my abscence I'll bet :wink:

I got the call from shcool at 12.24 Charlie (15) is havinga migraine - canshe have her meds? I say yes and fetch her (with sick bowl)

Get home and give her another migraleive as she can now have 2 (15 n0w). 5 mins later she says Mum I cant feel my hand. I ring Dr - they say go straight to A&E.

I go, but fetch my bro on the way lucky as she 'lost' her arm and face on the way too. Got there nickjed a wheelchair as she could barely walk.

Admitted to ch ward (this is STAFFORD hospital folks :shock: ) where she starts getting confused. Undfessing hereslf and talking rubbish she cant DO anything or feel anything. She is trying to put the sheet on like trousers strips the bed and says I wanna go home, shut the door mind the speed bumps - me and Mum are in the back

They rush, (meningitis) - they drugged her up on pre-med, but (8.30 last night) an emergency on SCBU saved her :wink: and so they treated her intravenously with anti b's and ant'v's anyway and sent some bloods off for culture. This takes 48 hours.

This morning she was totally lucid and coherant. Back to my Charlie and they eventually let us off the LP and we are home. back in first thing for those meds IV and thanks to them all for their care.

Thanks to you all for your thoughts - I am convinced they help you knwo - we have a very good success rate dont we?and our faithful pigeon Cris - Debs too for wasting your last credit on a text to me - i got it.

Upshot Is I think, that this was one heck of a migraine - and it had better never happen again :(
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I had no idea that they could do that to someone - I sincerely hope she is feeling better and remembers little (or nothing) of it. How scary for you - I hope you are feelling better too. DD

PS Your absence was noted.
  • snowball
    snowball Member Posts: 3,465
    Options
    Toni I am glad to hear you are back home and your daughter is getting better, please take care of your self too. Cris you are amazing the best pigeon ever. Love and ((((((hugs))))))

Julie xx
    ((((hugs)))) n xxxxx to ya all
  • annie_mial
    annie_mial Member Posts: 5,614
    Options
    Oh Toni, just logged in and caught this, how awful for you and Charlie! What a nightmare...........

It must have been one whopper of a migraine!

Annie
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    By the 'eck it was :!:

unbeleivable!

I will get on now and be a responsible parent and catch you all later.

Thanks again

Love

Toni xx
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Toni,

I am so glad she is home and agree so much about it not happening again!

Hey I did nothing you haven't done for me 10 fold.

I shall pigeon for you if needed ok?

Love and a ((((( )))))

Cris xxx

Hey Charl her ladyship sends baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa's well actually she does muraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and her love xx
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    Options
    Hi Toni and Charlie.
    i'm pleased everything was sorted for you both
    and that you are both back home.
    take care and have a lovely weekend.
    ((((((((((((Toni and Charlie))))))))))))joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hi Toni

Just seen this and so sorry about what happened - but glad that things are improving now. I am aware that severe migraines can manifest themselves in this way - happened to my Mum, although not quite so dramatically. But quite unusual I think so hopefully won't happen again.

Thinking of you lots and hoping that Charlie is feeling much better today.

Love Tilly xxx