The Budget and its meaning for us as a group.

Options
13»

Comments

• queenfan
    queenfan Member Posts: 563
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Like Joseph I have worked for 37 years, Always been in work,
    Until recently due to my illnesses, yet it is people like us that have to be punished.
    It really hurts me when i have friends who have never worked,are on all the benefits going are able to have everything new,
    I think we are the only people on our estate who haven't got new windows, my daughters window we dare not open because it is so rotten,
    yet if we lived in a council house we would have them free.Now with being off work I will never be able to get them :cry:
    I've had my rant now & will go back to saying nothing :oops:
    Sue x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    You are having a rough time aren't you, queenfan? I am so sorry, I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all go away for all of us.

People mis-use the benefits system because they are allowed. It's the layabouts' equivalent of the MPs' expenses gravy train - everyone else can pay. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • queenfan
    Options
    Oh take no notice of me DD :) Just having one of rants
    probably because of not having a good weekend,
    we are all going through this so i am not the only one
    I hope you are keeping well in this hot weather 8)
    I'm not going to moan about that just making the most of it while we have it :)
    take care Sue x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I do take notice 'cos we are all up against it, and when that happens it's helpful to know (I think) that others are looking out for one! Rant away girl, it does help to let it all out. Did you get the appointment thing sorted? DD
  • queenfan
    Options
    No DD heard nothing, so everything still seems to be up in the air.
    one of the Teachers from school rang me last night & asked how things were going,
    when I told her about having to wait for my appointment until
    September, She was not impressed & just said so you wont be back for the start of term that means we are going to have to let this person who is standing in for you have your children,
    I feel awful :oops: Letting her down, She is so nice,
    but I just didn't know what to say to her so our conversation didn't last very long I can tell you.
    This bloody disease I hate it :cry:GOD I'm off again :roll:
    Sue x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It is the most frustrating thing, I know. Everything becomes so uncertain, one cannot plan or see too far ahead. I am so sorry queenfan, I'll add you to my daily think list (I've got 'em all written down!) DD
  • queenfan
    Options
    Aww thankyou DD xx
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    queenfan wrote:
    Like Joseph I have worked for 37 years, Always been in work,
    Until recently due to my illnesses, yet it is people like us that have to be punished.
    It really hurts me when i have friends who have never worked,are on all the benefits going are able to have everything new,
    I think we are the only people on our estate who haven't got new windows, my daughters window we dare not open because it is so rotten,
    yet if we lived in a council house we would have them free.Now with being off work I will never be able to get them :cry:
    I've had my rant now & will go back to saying nothing :oops:
    Sue x

Couldnt have put it better myself!
  • silverbreak
    silverbreak Member Posts: 46
    Options
    See in news yesterday that they hope to reduce ESA claimnants by 20%. Although they admitted that not much would happen quickly because of the appeals system. The suspicious part of me thinks this will mean they will just raise the bar for qualification considerably, just for political expediency
  • livinglegend
    livinglegend Member Posts: 1,425
    Options
    See in news yesterday that they hope to reduce ESA claimants by 20%
    Have you failed your 20% of ESA 'customers' today? If you have, you will get a bonus, if not you are fired. Anything that you judge by percentages is a quota, whether you are sick or dying does not count, you are just another number in a biased system.

Joseph 8)
    I am a free man.
    Josephm0310.gif
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    How can they expect to reduce numbers with a rapidly ageing population? There are some very stupid people in this world. DD (who is a free woman - form an orderly queue please!)
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    What gets me is the news today is saying 1.3 million jobs will be lost due to cutbacks and thats adding to those already unemployed so add those ATOS falsely say are fit for work and what chance would they have of getting work even if they were fit enough in the first place.
    Bloody Conservatives,don't give a toss for joe public nevermind sick and disabled as long as their pockets are nicely lined. Actually seen a few comments on recent events from other disabled on sky news suggesting Conservatives would love to bring in gas chambers as it would solve their fiscal problems, bit over the top admittedly but i can see where their coming from.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Labour sold our gold reserves, created many meaningless jobs, discouraged people from working, over-paid paper-pushing jobsworths who are incapable of doing their jobs, got us massively into debt - someone has to try and sort out the mess. The public sector is the major problem, as we witness time and time again in our various battles to receive benefits that we are entitled to, and in the astonishing wait to receive treatment at our local hospitals. Some public sector staff are worth a decent wage: many are not. DD
  • thisledome1
    thisledome1 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Cant put a pin between them Conservatives are all for the well of and dont care how many they put out of work ,if i can remember rightly last time they were in morgage rates were %15 plus with hundreds of home owners losing their homes every week .They just seek out the weak and vunerable who cant answer back .

Labour have the right ideas as far as helping the ordinary working man and looking out for the elderly and disabled .
    They just went ott with it .
    It was Labour who brought the national health in to being in 1947 .
    Iknow it could be a million times better but who wants to go back to paying the Drs man a shilling every Friday night just in case they became ill .
    Hubby and i married 45 years ago and when i had my daughter (she was an only child ) it was 7 seven years before i got any family allowance that was when it was introduced in 1973 to include the first child

The country couldnt decide who to put in power so we are now paying for the privelge .

Couldnt we all get together and make up a new party at least we would know how the man in the street thinks .

Ok get of my soap box now and go back to changing the bed .
    Jean
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    I think I stand about as much chance of getting ESA as I do of winning the lottery! The reason the figures go down are that people like me who don't fall under any catagory come off the benifit system. This means that although I will manage with my husbands salary and some of our savings, put by for a pension when we are older. In some ways, I suppose we are lucky, we have no children that will need help to finish their education or buy a home, if we did, they would be unlucky.
    I'd like to go back to work, but the docs, both hospital and GP, think that it would be harmful to me. They have said this in a letter for evidance. Seeing how much worse than me a lot of the claiments are, I don't feel confident. Sorry, I'm going on a bit and using someone elses thread. I apologize. :oops: Love Sue
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    There is certainly a difference in credo between the two. The Conservative approach is 'you get out there, you make the difference to your life, you are responsible for what happens.' The Labour one is 'you don't have to make any effort, you can live on benefits as we will make sure you get more money on them rather than having to work, you have rights but no responsibilities.'

There was an interesting story in the Mail today about Colin Dexter, the creator of Inspector Morse. He is a staunch, life-long supporter of Labour, totally against the private system in medicine and education, yet now he's facing a problem with his eyes which could result in blindness, so what has he done? Yup, you guessed, ignored his principles, making the usual, weak excuses. Labour hates privilege for the plebs, but they love it for them.

Labour have two, incredibly important insitutions for which they can take credit: the NHS and The Open University. Both are wonderful things and they should be rightly proud of the immense difference those establishments have made to peoples' lives. DD
  • thisledome1
    thisledome1 Member Posts: 45
    Options
    It was also Labour not sure which one of the brothers Alf or Charles Morris who first brought in the dla in 1977 to help people like myself and others on this forum who need help to continue something of a normal live .

Sue i do hope you get help soon ,like you say its bad enough now ,who knows what the future holds .

Jean
  • oneday
    oneday Member Posts: 1,434
    Options
    i think i might post this in the grump thread...........
    driving home from work, v hot in my economical car which hasnt air con!...past a pub...young female, kid in pram sat outside......pub...with a drink...same female there last time i past...this is just after 5 pm.......
    when will any stupid govt stop paying out to these parasites....
    just before i saw her stopped at crossing, two young females (cant call them women as not worthy of the word, more like state prostititues more apt)2 kids in tow and one female pregnant...i felt like shouting out of my window, get a bl@@dy job you slappers!
    I have had enough...of decent people being tackled and these females dont have a care, taxis left right and centre, pubs, lunches in cafes........
    i am sick of it...
    as for public sector cuts, everyone is going to feel it....
    had enough of it.
  • fester
    fester Member Posts: 98
    Options
    Like you Oneday i've had enough of it. i'm sick of the way sick and disabled are treated by successive governments who dont give a damn as long as its not voting time. I'm sick of seeing society in general spiral out of control, todays motto is "i'm alright,**** you". i'm sick of the violence,the bickering between countries and religions. I'm sick of the way we are destroying this planet, as a species we're not fit to have it. I thank goodness that Gill and i dont have children to see the future thats not exactly looking rosy though occassionly it does break my heart when i think about the reasons we dont have them. I'm sick no not just sick i'm angry with worrying day in day out about what may have been or may or may not happen and whats gone wrong with my life and my families lives and the people of today.
    I've often told Gill though it breaks her heart when i get like this i'll be glad when i'm gone as least i'll have nothing to worry and anger me.
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh fester, there are some good things in life too. The human species is just not good at learning from its past errors: it never has been and it never will be. Every new human born comes with the innate 'it will never happen to me' gene, which I suppose is optimistic in its own way! The good people far outweigh the bad, but the bad are more news-worthy. DD