What make you smile today????

Options

Comments

• elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Made me smile today, trying to decipher an email from our son. I replied could he please type it out again in English. What does he do? He replies "I did chuckle when I read the email, trouble is I try to type too fast" - but no translation of what he was initially talking about! :roll: :lol::lol:

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • mummyb
    mummyb Member Posts: 1,231
    Options
    I had to smile when my 5 year old, having been sick and I'd told him he shouldn't eat any ham until his tummy was better asked me "oh mum does that mean I'm a vegetarian now?" bless. Pleased to say he's better now and able t eat his beloved ham again lol xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    One thing that is making me smile this morning is thinking that we only have a week to go till we go away to Keilder Forest in Northumberland... Log cabin in the middle of the pine trees, over-looking Keilder Water, Britain's largest man-made reservoir (I think anyway).......... Oh I can't wait.. Absolutely love it up there, the wildlife, the scenery, the clear skies on a night for star gazing.. Wonderful.. Making me smile just thinking about it.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D
    We've got four nights booked, then we've booked a B&B in Rothbury for an evening of lights type thing at Cragside House up there.. We've never been to that before as we usually just come straight home on the friday...
    I really hope my knees hold out for it all, I love the walks up there, the fresh air is wonderful.
    Would highly recommend it to anyone.
    The cabins are very reasonable at this time of year as it's out of season, there's nothing open so it's a case of making your own entertainment.. 14 miles to the nearest proper shop.. lol
    Sorry for going on, just a tad excited.. :D

If anyone likes the sound of this place, PM me and I can give you the details..

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • angel1
    angel1 Bots Posts: 1,464
    Options
    Well Tony, you`ve done it now, and certainly made me smile. As anyone on here will tell you, I rave about Northumberland, at the drop of a hat. The beaches, right from Amble to Holy Island are spectacular. Lindisfarne is the most spiritual of places, and always leaves me feeling at peace.

The Forest of Kielder, bordering the fabulous lake, is everything you say it is. We have stayed in the log cabins many times, although we loved a particular cottage on the beach at Low Newton.

Cragside House is absolutely amazing, and the family history of Lord Armstrong is so interesting. I doubt there is a finer castle anywhere than Bamburgh. I could go on and on, but I won`t, except to say...have a wonderful time, and I envy you......Ange.x.
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Good evening to you both, Lynn & Ange...

I have not even found my case yet alone packed it.. lol

We've passed Cragside house so many times and said that we would have to go inside, but it's usually on our way to or from Alnwick to Keilder/visa versa... Whenever we're at one of them for more than a couple of days we drive across to the other one for a couple of hours.. Eeeh, Boulmer beach eh? Love it there, and Amble..
    My wife is starting to get excited about it now, but I think it's making work drag for her..
    We're taking the Mother-in-law, so thankfully Keilder water is very deep and there are many boulders to be found.. :lol:
    Just kidding, we get on really well, and after Janet's Dad died a yr ago August we try to make an effort to take her away when we can..
    She really enjoys it up there.

Look, you've got me gabbin on and on about it again.. :oops:

Haha

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suncatcher
    suncatcher Member Posts: 2,174
    Options
    My hubby ringing me to tell me he could be with me at my tribunal and seeing him waiting outside smiling at me as i climbed out the taxi cab feeling sick with nerves. and him being at my side sticking up for me. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D x joanne
    Joanne
  • tjt6768
    Options
    suncatcher wrote:
    My hubby ringing me to tell me he could be with me at my tribunal and seeing him waiting outside smiling at me as i climbed out the taxi cab feeling sick with nerves. and him being at my side sticking up for me. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D x joanne

I hope it went well for you Joanne..?

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tonesp
    tonesp Member Posts: 844
    Options
    Hearing that the real Holly Willoughby had been thrown off Facebook by someone claiming to be her complaining that shwe wasn't genuine :D:D:D
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Got out tickets booked for the light show thing at cragside house a week on friday.. Almost didn't do it as we didn't know you needed tickets.. Good job the missus checked... LOL

I hope it's as good as the website makes out....

Either way it'll be better than our average friday night, janet goes to sleep about 9pm due to exhaustion with the heart failure, and my meds don't really work too well at the end of the day so I end up trying to get myself as tired as possible so I have no choice but to sleep.. Usually ends up after 1am..

Lol

Tony
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • maggiemay
    maggiemay Member Posts: 122
    Options
    Watching Vagner or Wagner on X-Factor on Saturday night, and his rendition of Meatloafs "Bat out of Hell"
  • lupin15
    lupin15 Member Posts: 2,182
    Options
    Being hugged for several of the kids at school today. It was a lovely pick me up. They are the best. :):):):):):)
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    getting my new mobile phone and actually being able to send adn receive text messages :D:D:D:D

for a 'simple' phone it has a heck of a lot of widgets :shock:
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Glad you got it Wonky and text messages are good eh?! :D xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I had an unexpected call from the GP I saw last time, he was the one that was trying to chase up my injections at the pain clinic.. He's apparently been trying his best to do something for me as he knew how much I was suffering, he had no joy with the pain clinic, that's gonna be a couple of months yet, so off his own back he got in touch with my Rheumy and asked if there was anything else we could do in the meantime, they're gonna try some steroid injections direct into my knees, and probably do it at my GP's so no long waiting list.. Could be done when I get back from Keider, I was quite shocked actually, really impressed.. He even asked if I had minded him doing that.. Thoroughly nice chap!! Tony :D

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • wooly-monkey
    wooly-monkey Member Posts: 115
    Options
    http://www.arthritiscare.org.uk/forums/images/icons/smile/redface.gif
    Just finished a HUGE crocheted square blanket made with wool.
    I am SO pleased with it. It is SO warm and cosy - just in time for the snow.
    I have been at it solidly for the last two weeks and just made it in time.
    It is big enough to sleep under and if I fold it from corner to corner it turns into a shawl. BRILLIANT.
    Sorry but had to tell someone.
    Wooly-monkey
  • tjt6768
    Options
    What the blooming heck is the houchouying 1 (whatever) harping on about?

And wooly, well done... :D

Tony :mrgreen:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Get ready to smile Tinks, they're feeling better each day, just wish he could have done my spine and wrists at the same time :lol:s050.gif
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Two phone calls from two friends. Luvverly. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    I've been to a pantomime today.

Oh no you haven't x:!: x:!:

Oh yes I have x:!: :))

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • lupin15
    Options
    A child asking why i had given him a small keyring and a chocolate lolly.....i replied because i wanted to ...he walked off totally confused. Obviously a new experience for him...
  • lupin15
    Options
    delboy wrote:
    Wife came home with 3 boxes of chocolates she had been given as gifts but being dairy and gluten intolerant it falls to me to eat them. :))

Its a hard job but someone has got to do it!!!!!! :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • elnafinn
    Options
    Nothing specific so far .... I just feel smiley.

Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh elna, that's made me smile! Thank you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • traluvie
    traluvie Member Posts: 2,579
    Options
    My 2 children giving a big kiss and cuddle(without squeezing too tight|) and saying " love you mom".... :smile:
    th_tn_TisFORTIGGER.jpgxxTracyxx
  • elnafinn
    Options
    traluvie wrote:
    My 2 children giving a big kiss and cuddle(without squeezing too tight|) and saying " love you mom".... :smile:

Aw, that is just the best.No wonder you are smiling. A kiss and a cuddle from one's children is wonderful even when they are in their thirties!

Elna x