Options

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,481
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Dippy

All the very very best from me to you too

Will think of you tomorrow - what time is kick off?

Love

toni xx
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    Options
    thanks daylily, toni
    im feeling a little more relaxed about it, thats probably because im suffering quite a bit at the mo and i suppose that's not really a bad thing when having a medical :wink: when i had my first rheummy appointment i was in full working order that morning much to my annoyance....
    the doc says he'll be here around 11'ish and should take approx 40 mins of my time. i'll pop on and let you know how it went when he's gone x
  • nearlybionic
    nearlybionic Member Posts: 1,899
    Options
    Hi
    I hope the medical goes well, and that they can see how you are affected by arthur.
    I will be thinking of you at 11 tomorrow xx
    NB
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    thank you NB, i appreciate that. I can't thank people enough for their good luck vibes, its very heartwarming x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Isn't it Dippy

you really feel you are not alone with each other here.
    I am glad (but not!) that you are not n100% at the mo at least they will see it as it is.

11am will be 'with you'

Love

toni xx
  • salamander
    salamander Member Posts: 1,906
    Options
    good luck tomorrow
    xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hope it goes well tomorrow and I’m glad hubby will be there with you. I’m sure it will be fine. I will be thinking of you.
    Lv, Ix
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    big thank you's to everyone, i really appreciate it.
    i feel like cr*p to be honest but, and this is probably the first time ive felt this way, its a good thing LOL
    like you say, at least he'll see for himself.... x
  • lavenderlady
    lavenderlady Member Posts: 409
    Options
    Good Luck and make sure he gets all the relative info and if it hurts let him know by saying ouch or anything jsut to let him know how much it hurts keep us updated :)
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    thank you for your kind words. im wide awake :( have been since 3.34 am and in so much pain with my fibromyalgia its unreal. im stuck on the sofa. like an idiot i got into the corner thinking it might be comfy and now i cant get up or get comfy. my hubby cant hear me shouting and i dont want to wake the kids up so i guess im stuck here till he gets up :(

great way to start the day... at lease the doc will see me as i am...x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh dear dippydoodah, bad night for you too, huh? Join the gang. Blasted, bl**dy, ******* pain (insert word of choice, I hope I have provided enough asterisks!) I hope you have been duly rescued from the corner of the sofa and that it all goes well today. Don't panic or get flustered: the theory is that this man is coming to see you in order to help you - yeah, I know, great theory DD. We will be with you in spirit, tucked into various pockets if required and we will be on our best behaviour (Really?! That'll be a first!) Thinking of you. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • joon51
    joon51 Member Posts: 221
    Options
    Morning Dippydoodah, I also hope you have been rescued from the sofa. Good luck for today Junex
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    morning dippydoodah

Sounds like a real bad night you had stuck on the sofa, a hug for you (((())) and lots of luck today with the appointment.

JuliePF x
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    thankfully i can see the funny side of it this morning thanks to you lot, reading your posts made me laugh and realise how funny it must have looked....

hubby rescued me around 6am... helped me up the stairs and put me back to bed so i managed to get a couple of hours sleep. im settled into my usual rocking chair by the window while he makes some breakfast....

i shall keep you safe and warm in my pockets :D
    will post later this afternoon....

thank you all xx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Dippy
    Good luck for today, will be thinking about you, my hubby is nearly deaf....I have been stuck in the bath a few times.shouting for help :roll:
    Hope to hear from you later
    Love
    Barbara x
    Love
    Barbara
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    :):):):):):):):)

the atos gp was really lovely. he didnt seem to have any hidden agenda, didn't go 'snooping' around the house, just sat on the sofa with myself and my husband and chatted about my daily life. asking what happens from when i get up to going to bed. he sat next to me so i could see what he was writing, making notes of the fact that my husband does everything, he even helped with a few pointers that would help with my dla claim.

he watched me get up out of a chair with the help of my hubby. he checked my joints etc and said immediately he could see how swollen i was in all joints.

all in all he was here for just over an hour and was a very pleasant man. he said he'll tell the dwp he's seen me and wished me luck.

i guess its in their hands now, if im not successful i shall appeal. i will just keep my fingers crossed now to hear from them.
    a big big big thank you to all of you for your kind words and support, it really did help, you are an amazing bunch of people xxx
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Oh dippydoodah

that sounds as if it all went well. I am so pleased you had a nice person who by the sound of it understood your condition.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you and hope the outcome is good news.

Thinking of you
    JuliePF x
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    brilliant. sounds as if it's going to be ok for you.
    makes a difference when you can talk to a doctor.
    best wishes
    xxx
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    So pleased for you that the doc visit went so well. :D

It sounds as though he was very open with you... especially as he sat beside you and you could see what was being written. :wink:

I hope that you will soon hear what the decision is going to be .... and of course hope that it's a YES!!!!

well done to both you and hubby !

warm (((hugs)))

Iris xx
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    thank you julie, daylily and iris

i feel like a weight's been lifted and i know i still have a way to go yet but its another hurdle over with.

thank you everyone for your wonderful support x
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Oh Dippy

well done you :D

I am so glad he was nice and I hope the outcome is really good for you.

Now tonight? No getting stuck in odd places.... maybe you need your mobile with you? and hubby's by him?

Love

Toni xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ooooh dippy, that wasn't so bad, eh? Good for you girl, I hope it all goes thro smoothly. You can relax now - the nasty man has gone! :D DD
  • dippydoodah
    Options
    thanks toni, dd
    hubby is out for the evening but mobile IS going with him! spending the evening with my eldest watching a movie.

dd... that nasty nasty man ~ was actually really nice :oops: absolutely right, wasnt so bad and now i can relax lol

hopefully a better nights sleep tonight!! :D
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's a daunting thing, we all know how rough these things are at the mo. I hope we both have a better night's sleep. DD
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Phew... dippy, like you say that is a weight off your mind, what a difference when they are nice.
    Good Luck with it all.
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara