Options
    thanks barbara, i feel alot better now its done

dd ~ gentle hugs for tonight, hope you manage to get some rest x
  • joanneredshaw
    joanneredshaw Member Posts: 62
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    :):):):):):):):)

the atos gp was really lovely. he didnt seem to have any hidden agenda, didn't go 'snooping' around the house, just sat on the sofa with myself and my husband and chatted about my daily life. asking what happens from when i get up to going to bed. he sat next to me so i could see what he was writing, making notes of the fact that my husband does everything, he even helped with a few pointers that would help with my dla claim.

he watched me get up out of a chair with the help of my hubby. he checked my joints etc and said immediately he could see how swollen i was in all joints.

all in all he was here for just over an hour and was a very pleasant man. he said he'll tell the dwp he's seen me and wished me luck.

i guess its in their hands now, if im not successful i shall appeal. i will just keep my fingers crossed now to hear from them.
    a big big big thank you to all of you for your kind words and support, it really did help, you are an amazing bunch of people xxx

Hi dippy

Just been reading through all the posts. I am so glad the visit went well. You have every reason to claim, have you been receiving DLA? or is this your first claim? You sound like you are claiming for the higher rate and also for the carers side of it as well.
    I have recently applied for the first rate of not being able to cook, and care for myself. My son cuts my food up and helps with doing my bra up etc. My hands swell so much, I can't always use them.
    I received a letter today saying they had written to my consultant for a report. Do you think I will need a medical and is it routine that everyone gets checked?

Jo :D
  • dippydoodah
    dippydoodah Member Posts: 350
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi dippy

Just been reading through all the posts. I am so glad the visit went well. You have every reason to claim, have you been receiving DLA? or is this your first claim? You sound like you are claiming for the higher rate and also for the carers side of it as well.
    I have recently applied for the first rate of not being able to cook, and care for myself. My son cuts my food up and helps with doing my bra up etc. My hands swell so much, I can't always use them.
    I received a letter today saying they had written to my consultant for a report. Do you think I will need a medical and is it routine that everyone gets checked?

Jo :D

Hi Jo, thank you for your message. This is the first time I have claimed so Im kinda new to this, Im sorry to hear you're going through it all too though, its hard I know. Especially when someone had to do things for you.

Im presuming every claim is different depending what medical evidence they need. When I first put my claim in they wrote to me too saying they had contacted my consultant for a report. Unfortunately, my Rheummy doesn't deal with these reports and passed it on to my GP who confirmed my Osteo. When I rang to chase the claim, they said they had all the medical evidence they needed and maybe if it ended there, I may not have needed the medical assesment. This came about as I have since been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia so they had to get further medical evidence, hence Im presuming the reson for the medical.

Ive heard different stories, people getting turned down, people getting accepted without medicals, others who have to go through alsorts... every claim is personal i guess. There are many people on here who have gone through the DLA experience with more giudance probably than I can give and Im sure they'd happily answer any questions. Ive met a great bunch of people here who have offered me so much support and advice.

I wish you well with your claim too, I hope you get a good result Its the waiting isnt it :roll:

Caroline x