I can't go on...

Options

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Ring them. Voice to voice is a good thing. They are warm, welcoming and used to people in dire straits: they will give you time to explain, time to cry, time to rail at the injustice of it all. Typed words may not be quite enough to convey the depth of emotion you are feeling. You are not being weak, or stupid, or over-dramatic or whatever else you may think. You are not letting yourself down - your tether is well and truly stretched. Let it snap, free yourself from it and talk to someone. It can only help. Right, I shall now take off my bossy-teacher hat. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    Options
    DD I can see from here you are giving me a teacher glare....scary lady!
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    No, not a glare - can't glare to save my life. I am seriously worried about you. DD
  • stlucia
    Options
    It's ok, I'm just tired, in pain and totally at the end of my capabilities of dealing with this. I'll try and keep on top of the pain today and try and get a good nights sleep tonight.
    x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think the tiredness is our greatest enemy. It saps our abilities to deal with the unremitting nature of this disease, it destroys our coping mechanisms far more effectively than the drugs destroy the arthritis. It's tough and we have to be tougher: sometimes we just cannot be. DD
  • sharmaine
    sharmaine Member Posts: 1,638
    Options
    Hi St Lucia

Sorry to hear that you're feeling so poorly. See your GP about changing your Tramadol. I also take tramadol but it doesn't make me itch - the co meds used to make me really itchy - I think it's the codeine in them. Your GP could prescribe something else.

I've been in lots of pain this week and I've been blaming it on the onset of winter.

You might be having a flare. Take care and I hope you feel better soon. Take yourself off to bed - there's nothing like a rest to restore one.

Sharmaine
    X
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Stlucia, I had that itchy-skin crawling feeling on tramadol too - worse at night and really nightmarish. See your Gp for a change of meds, they clearly aren't working anyway.

I hope you do pluck up the courage to talk to the helpline, for emotional and practical support.

Iris and Marion bought themselves a wax hand bath from argos - you could buy it online if you are not up to driving today. Then you could have one when ever you fancied.

Have you been to a pain clinic? They are the master of meds and althernatives for managing pain.

Take care, hope you get some rest today.

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • stlucia
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm trying to distract myself and helping someone else with some stuff for work. Fortunately I am at home today in the warm. It's so chilly outside.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi stlucia
    I am sorry I have only just seen your post, I do hope you get the help you need, sometimes we really do have to fight for the right treatment, I do wish you well and hope you feel a little better very soon.
    Sending you lots of hugs (((((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Stlucia,

Tis when your feeling as you do talking to the helplines can be of so much help. They know how to move things on as well. Mind emailing them is a good start but actually talking to them is much better for you when your climbing the walls.

I really hope you got somewhere with the doctor as well re the itching? Hang in there flower and yep your right its horrible outside eh? Cris x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Stlucia

I am glad to see you are keeping posting ..... I hope that it helps you knowing that there are others out there thinking of you.

Can you ring your GP surgery today if you can't face going out?

Please think about it ...... if you don't talk to them today then you have a whole weekend to wait and you shouldn't have to do that if you are struggling so badly. Your GP should be able to help you.

take things very easy today, and try not to overdo things.

thinking of you and sending more hugs

WOnky
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,927
    Options
    Hi Stlicia.
    why dont you go to your doc with out an app and say how you feel and make sure you cry because are the only one who knows how you feel.
    then go and sit down and dont move
    untill some one sees you.
    i have not done this but you need help. take care and good luck.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    stlucia wrote:
    Thank you all for the encouragement. I'm trying to distract myself and helping someone else with some stuff for work. Fortunately I am at home today in the warm. It's so chilly outside.

Well done that's a good idea.

I always feel better if i 'do something' even better if it is to help someone else.

Love

toni x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Stluicia,

So so sorry you have deal with all the delays. It is good that you came on here to say exactly how you are feeling. Not sleeping because of pain on top of everything else grinds you down. Good that you have a plan to get more out of the OT. It gives you something to aim for. Everyone has given you good advice and we are all here to support you.
    Gentle hugs,

Lv, Ix
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    stlucia wrote:
    ...I can't take any more of this at all. The pain is too much and the tramadol makes me itch so bad and I can't sleep. I'm so tired and it hurts so badly that I just wish it would all end. I really can't do this any more at all. I'm at my wits end. I can't wait any longer to get on the anti tnfs. I give up.

Hi St Lucia

I'm more or less in the same position as you. I cannot have the meds I need at the moment.

I'm in a lot of pain as well and I do not sleep at night. If you are awake during th e night go to CChat look for Night Owls and Early Birds. I will nudge Night Owls as near to the top as I can. Perhaps the Mods could make a sticky of it so everyone knows where to look please.

Post there or in the cafe and we can see you are awake.

There ae several of the girls come there and look out for me so we can chat during the night. You are more than welcome to join us if you can.

Love Trish xxxx

Don't be alone try to see if we are there and what the time is to let each other know if we are awake at that time.
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Hi stlucia,
    hope you are feeling better tonight and that you managed to get some help with the pain and itching.

Best wishes
    anne x
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI stlucia

just calling in with a top-up of hugs for you ((((((((((((((())))))))))))))))

hope your day was a positive one helping your friend, and that you have a better night tonight.

WONky
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi stlucia

Am glad you felt able to post today and hope you did stay in the warm and were kind to yourself. Just adding another hug and hope tonight is a better one for you. (((( ))))
    take care
    Chris
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Stlucia,

Just sending you a ((((( ))))) and a hope you are feeling less pain today. Sometimes just doing nothing helps the bones a lot. Got to stay warm flower and well another ((( ))) and a hope tis all a bit easier for you? Cris xx
  • trisher
    trisher Member Posts: 9,263
    Options
    Hi St Lucia

I have nudged Night Owls and Early Birds up on CChat. If you cannot sleep if you post there we might see you and have a chat. I'm still awake and will keep popping in and out while I'm awake.

I do hope you manage to get some sleep.
    Sending you a ((((()))))

Love Trish xxxx
  • stlucia
    Options
    Thanks everyone. After a slightly better afternoon the Arthur has come around with a sledge hammer tonight. its about 5am plus, and I am as yet to sleep. unfortunately I'm not at home as we have a family thing this weekend. strange bed with pillows that are far from useful. Oh goodness if I think too much I will cry. I feel like my whole body is broken. X
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Options
    Oh dear stlucia, you are having an absolutely dreadful time of it.

It's bad enough sleeping somewhere strange when you're well without all the pain you are in.

I'm sorry we cannot do much for you other than listen.

Please try to take it easy today, not easy when family are around I know.
    Thinking about you and willing your pain to ease.
    Take care
    anne. x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It's too late to tell yout his now, I reaalise that, but I take my pillows with me everywhere. Friends' houses and hotels too, that way I know I am going to be as comfortable as possible.

I am sorry you had another rough night, I hope you do get the cahnce to have a rest today at some point, and that being with your family will provide a litttle diversion. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,419
    Options
    hI Stlucia

I take my pillows too :D

and so does my Lucy at 12!!! She recently left hers in Cornwall and is waiting for it to 'come home' in the post.

I hope the weekend exhausts you so much you collapse tonight I really really do.

Love and gentle hugs

Toni xx
  • stlucia
    Options
    Hello, you are so right about pillows. I normally take mine too but forgot this time. Thank you all for listening, it really helps. Is anyone doing anything nice this weekend? x