I can't go on...

Comments

• ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Hi Stluica,

How are things going at the family weekend? I sometimes find that I sleep a little better on the second night away.
    We are off to Southport shortly it will probably be the last time we go this year. There are a few good shops there that I get my “special” Christmas cards from they also do some nice gift bags as I find them easier to use than trying to wrap things.

Thinking of you,
    Lv, Ix
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Sorry I have only just seen this post. I think everybody should come on here if they feel so awful and nobody should apologise for it.Many of us have suffered too so know what it is like.

St Lucia you are so near now to getting the anti tnf's. It does seem to go on for ever when you are in so much pain. But you are a step nearer each day. I never believed anything could be done for me as it had been a constant downward spiral since it begun. But I have a much better quality of life now.

Are you just waiting for the call from the hospital to agree funding or are you waiting for the Healthcare people to arrange the first injection?

Best wishes
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Hi Stlucia,

Oh flower strange sleeping places are never that useful eh? You get so used to the normal one that changes don't quite gel with the bones somehow but I hope you did get a few hours kip cus lack of sleep is really bad for you.

Did you get hold o a gp at all?

Sending you a ((( ))) and a hope it will all get helped soon Cris x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hi st Lucia :D

I do hope that things start to turn around for you really soon and that you can get started on the anti tnfs . :!:

don't hesitate to post when you feel low..... folks on the forum understand and will help you through it. :wink:

love and (((hugs)))

Iris xxxx
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Hi Stlucia

how are you doing :?: loads of hugs and support here for you. please keep writing on here - we are here for you when ever you need us :!:

Louise xxx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • stlucia
    stlucia Member Posts: 392
    I'm still here...just! I'm going to stock up on painkillers before bed tonight I think and then think calming relaxing thoughts. I've had a fun day with my husband and we had lunch out which was great.

How is everyone else tonight?

Thanks again for being so great. You are a huge support.

[/code]
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    edited 30. Oct 2010, 19:18
    HI stlucia

glad you had a good day today.

calm thoughts and painkillers are a good combo :wink:

hope you sleep better tonight ..... for future reference you might like to know that these vacuum bags work really well for when taking pillows away. I always struggle to fit all mine into the car , but when we went away I got 6 pillows and a 'v' pillow all into one bag, then vacuumed the air out, and the parcel fitted into a really small space :D

even when we realised that there was no nozzle attachment on the hoover in the cottage we stayed in, we found we got enough air out just by squeezing the air out of the bag (I just sat on it :lol::lol::lol: )

got some gardening to do tomorrow, as we got the pots ready for it today by taking all the old compost to the tip. spring bulbs and a bit of winter bedding that we got. Also going to plant some sweet pea seeds in long pots, then hide them in the cold frame. Did that last year and I got 3/4 of them to survive even last winter, so we were really pleased.

have a good day tomorrow

hugs
    WONky
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Hi stlucia

Just calling in to check on you. Glad you had a better day and hope you can have a reasonable night there with the pain under control. Do keep letting us know how you are, you do have our sympathy the low times can be hard to get through we do understand that one. ((((( )))))) Be nice to yourself.
    love
    Chris
  • stlucia
    Thanks, last night was nearly as bad as the first...oh well I'm off home today so fingers crossed for a good nights sleep tonight!

Wonky - those vacuum bags sound great. Where did you buy yours from?

x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,332
    So glad you are going home now Stlucia - your own bed and pillows - just what you need :D

I do hope it helps

Love

toni xx
  • tkachev
    How are you today St. Lucia? I am hoping you are coping okay.

Much love
    Elizabeth x

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • daylily
    daylily Member Posts: 619
    Hi stlucia
    Hope you're feeling better.
    There's no place like home when you're feeling rough.
    Take care and take it easy
    anne. x
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Hi stlucia,

Hope you have arrived back at home by now and settled down with a hot drink. Nice to see family but it is always good to be back in your own bed.

Lv, Ix
  • stlucia
    I'm home! Hot drink? Certainly not, a glass Very relieved to be at home in the warm now. A nice friend asked how my joints were and looked a bit shocked when I said that I wanted to chop my hands off.... oops - maybe the world wasn't quite ready for me being so honest! At least I didn't say that I was 'fine'! A very nice friend to ask and also ask about when the anti TNFs were coming my way.
    :D

Now I just need to work out how to get through the next night...

Would someone explain the hot/cold thing for me please. Very warm hands due to inflammation and swelling, stiffness prob due to the swelling and PAIN! Oh and did I mention the pain? No?! AH!!!

What has everyone been up to today? No trick or treaters thank goodness - they might have been shocked when I opened the door!

x[/code]
  • tkachev
    You have reached the stage where anti TNF are being offered as they can really help when the pain gets this bad. Like I said it is hard to imagine ever feeling reasonable again when you reach this stage. I never had this forum for advice so couldn't see an end to the ever increasing pain. I just felt i had nothing to lose,

I think it helps to be honest with friends as pain is invisible.
    Take care
    Elizabeth

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    stlucia wrote:

Wonky - those vacuum bags sound great. Where did you buy yours from?

x

sorry only just seen this .... will send you a PM with details.

Wonky
  • skezier
    Hi Stlucia,

Glad your back home and hope you get a decent night tonight.

The hot and cold thing is useful to get swelling down. I tend to use hot cus I really can't cope with the cold at all but if already hot maybe cold would be better? Use a frozen bag of something, peas are quite good or ice cubes in a sock (I use that on the animals :wink: ) hot either with hot water bottle, wheatbag that kind of thing. If it will immerse in water I use that to be honest..... Mind though cus I do also have a knack of getting chilblains so might not be the best person to tell you.

I really do hope you get a good night and I never get trick or treaters out this far from civilisation :wink: You have a decent sleep and I so hope tomorrow will be a good day. ((( ))) Cris xx
  • stlucia
    Hi Cris,

Thanks for the hot/cold ideas. When you are feeling rubbish the last thing you want to do is get up and go and get a hot water bottle or wait until the microwave has finished doing it's thing with a beanie! I need a skivvy!!

What would be good is a hydrotherapy pool in my house!

How are you?

x
  • sheilar
    sheilar Member Posts: 10
    stlucia wrote:
    ...I can't take any more of this at all. The pain is too much and the tramadol makes me itch so bad and I can't sleep. I'm so tired and it hurts so badly that I just wish it would all end. I really can't do this any more at all. I'm at my wits end. I can't wait any longer to get on the anti tnfs. I give up.

I so feel for you :cry:

Hope youve got the itching sorted out, in my book that's an allergic reaction and you should try something other than tramadol

I've had severe RA for 12 years and it's destroyed my joints, whatsmore you can feel it happening! 2 knee replacements (one is very iffy still) 2 hip replacements and i've just had elbow replaced 8) shoulder is on the agenda but not yet!

no medication (and believe me i,ve tried them all!) has ever helped till a friend inadvertently introduced me to Indometacin - after 12 years! (relief it works - to a degree) One rhumatologist warned me what could happen if i continued taking and asked me to stop immediately (idiot) didn't he realise that if i could have some pain relief i didn't care about the repercussions

I've felt the way you feel, the feeling comes and goes but i,m still here

I,ve started taking Amitripyline I saw a tv programme that suggested it could help with pain (it's an antidepressent) and yes it does help me (just a low dose mind I still want to be able to count on my fingers!

I know that what works for one doesn't work for another but avoiding fat, grease, pastry,cake,and acidic foodshas helped me.

hope that this message is some help to you :)

sheila
  • stlucia
    Hi Shelia,

Thanks for your very helpful message. I can't type much as it hurts a great deal right now in my hands so I just want to say thank you really. I've tried amitryptaline in the past but nothing seems to do the trick.

x
  • skezier
    Hi Stlucia,

I am definitely work in progress... though as yet no progress :wink:

I know what you mean about having to get things when your feeling rubbish but if you get a skivvy could I borrow them please? :lol:

Hope you got a better night flower and are feeling a bit better in the morrow. Sending a ((( ))) and a hope. Cris xx
  • stlucia
    Sniff sniff :cry: my goodness could it hurt anymore this evening? Should think not. I'm starting on the anti TNFs in the next month or so which hopefully will help. Can I ask if anyone has found or heard that the anti TNFs don't always work as well as I am imagining (basically a miracle).

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: Sorry to say as I know that so many people are in pain, I just need to get it out. OWWWWWWWWWWW I can't take it much more.

x
  • skezier
    Hi Stlucia,

Oh flower a ((((( ))))) and a hope as well as is there nothing else they can give you to help shift out the pain?

The TNF's don't always work unfortunately but hopefully you will find something that does. When do you next see the rumo?

Any luck on that skivvy :wink: Another ((( ))) and so many hopes. Cris xx
  • stlucia
    Thanks lots for your message.

I don't see the rheumo for a few months but glad to be getting started on the drugs soon though.

I have put out ads for hiring a skivvy - my husband says he's too busy running around after me to apply!

How was your day?

x
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Hope today's been a much better day for you. :D
    skivvy's are hard to come by :lol: so you might have to stick with the hubby one you have. :lol:

Iris x