Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Asda has been, we have full cupboards again YAY!

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,059
    Options

Hi Everyone how are you today? unfortunately I’ve done something to my back not sure how seems to be muscular pain thankfully that’s causing the problem nothing more serious but I was in agony until my poor lovely mum put some deep heat on my back on my request starting to feeling better now, I have no added sugar Vimto Toni but think these drinks aren’t too good for us because of high sweetener content, i vomited when I came back think it was not my stomach this time just heat and carsickness, party was Nice thanks for asking but it went on way too long because my sister did her whole beauty routine and I’ll stop this rant right now. I wanted to say kitty poor you being on steroids my moms on them too, hi Barbara the little baby was one, I feel I really should try and rest now even though I could go on gossiping for pages as you know take care everyone don’t eat too many biscuits okay maybe I shouldn’t preach what I’m not practising , lol. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi all , I just quickly wanted to say I think I know what caused the backpain I did too many steps not yesterday day before was my fault really should’ve consulted some sort of physio first, I didn’t do a massive number, I’m not capable of doing a massive number, but I wasn’t used to it , so I’m on the mend but still not hundred percent there yet, have a good night everyone take care Toni save me a burger, lol. Xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,426
    Options

Morning everyone much milder today out there phew!

Hi Joan Tia's wedding was 31st July 2019 just safely before the pandemic Charley and Annie's in the middle of it! I said we should have a 'mask' photo for posterity. My back is ok as good as it gets at the moment thanks what about you though? How is your pain? ((())) xxx

Kitty can eat!!! That is good news! Don't want you going hungry.😉

I don't know if I asked this before but does Holly still bring your radio times or car you order it from Asda?

Madame La Sleekipuss is on her way with several jars I heard the clanking....please do tell me what was in them she was rather secretive....

Mike I don't suppose you were planning on going anywhere, but I bet it feels awful not having your scooter there. I hate it when my car is in for service/MOT😕. Have your or your baby sister heard how Elliott is doing these days?((()) xxx

Oh Reshmi you poor girl carsickness is just dreadful. ((())) I hate it. Luckily it doesn't hit me too often these days I drive myself if I can and Paul's driving improved with an automatic.

Now your poor back as well! I am very sympathetic muscular or not it's horrible when your back goes. Deep heat is good and if you are able taking your painkillers too rest, but not too much only gentle stretches today until you are sure it's ok. I use my wheatbags for my back I have about 3 of them. Being sick will not have helped either.

one mcplant for you!

I am very pleased to hear that the party went well hopefully both nephews were happy enough even Lord A who can't have been happy not being the centre of attention surely bless him. Sorry your sister made it go on quite so long though....

Well I had better get on today Paul is off for the weekend and he is champing at the bit to go a drive. I still have to dry my hair yet too!

Love to Barbara I am very much hoping all is well at yours things have to be ok for Monday huge ((()))

Wooo-oooo! to Toady if you happen by😊

Aidan's breakfast today:

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,932
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty ((())) is Asda seems better than Tesco is. How is your family (((())) love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad (((())))

Toni ((())) I hope you have a good journey today. Thank you Sue's carers are well and happy. Thank you my pain is alright like yours has long as we take the tablets. Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Barbara ((())) have a good weekend I will be thinking about you all on Monday ((()))

Reshmi ((())) I hope your back is soon a bit better have a good weekend take care.

Mike and vixen ((()))

Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike I don't suppose you were planning on going anywhere, but I bet it feels awful not having your scooter there. I hate it when my car is in for service/MOT😕. Have your or your baby sister heard how Elliott is doing these days?((()) xxx

Morning, no I was not planning to go anywhere but it would have been nice to get up to the village shop as I have not been out for the week. I put an Asda order in yesterday afternoon, just needing bread and milk really but made it up to the minimum order, so that I would not be without if the scooter was not returned. Blow me down if it was not back just as I finished the order, I had not even shut down my laptop! The bill in the end was £537 because I had forgotten that, being crippled, the repairs would be VAT exempt and the repair chap had quoted for it included. Neither my baby Sister nor me have been kept up to date about Elliott (not even a xmas card again) however we have been told that he is now clear of the cancer but he now has to learn to walk, talk and regain his other motor skills due to his brain being affected by the tumour. He was on TV again before xmas as he turned the lights on at Legoland, he was in a wheelchair and his Mum had to interpret what he was saying. Apparently he is back at school and has a designated helper with him. He is 10 in a couple of weeks so I am sending him a couple of Super Hero books with an inscription that inside that he is my Super Hero!

• Kitty
    Options

Joan, Asda seems better, we have the Asda app on our iPads and it tells us when they are preparing our order, and they send an email to let us know of any substitutes. Then the app let's us know when it's out for delivery and a rough estimate of when in the slot time they are to be expected. We book 11am to 1pm. They didn't send us any bread though, so we asked Holly to fetch us some.

Reshmi, OUCH! don't overdo your steps, naughty lady! 😫

Antoinette, Sleek arrived with much clanking and clattering with her jars. Some of home made strawberry jam (where does she get all this from?) and some rollmop herrings and oodles of jammy dodgers - bless her. She knows I luvs me fish and always ensures there's plenty of food for the BBs.

Sugar-free banana bread

1 Hour Serves 18Easy

We've used silken tofu in place of eggs in this vegan banana berry traybake, wonderful served with dairy-free yogurt for a sweet breakfast or brunch

By Nadine Brown from Olive magazine

Ingredients

• bananas 4 ripe (380g)
    • silken tofu 120g
    • cold-pressed rapeseed oil 125ml
    • maple syrup 120ml, plus 1 tbsp
    • almond milk 60ml
    • vanilla extract 1 tsp
    • wholemeal spelt flour 300g
    • baking powder 2 tsp
    • bicarbonate of soda ¼ tsp
    • mixed spice 1 tsp
    • frozen mixed berries 175g

Method

• STEP 1
    • Heat the oven to 170C/fan 150C/gas 4. Line a 25cm x 20cm tin with baking paper, leaving some overhang.
    • STEP 2
    • Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a fork. Put the tofu in a separate bowl and use a hand blender to blitz until smooth.
    • STEP 3
    • Add the oil, 120ml of maple syrup, all the almond milk and vanilla extract, along with the tofu. Mix to combine. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarb and mixed spice. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until just combined.
    • STEP 4
    • Pour the batter into the prepared tin. Sprinkle the berries over the top. Bake for 40 minutes or until springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and, while the cake is still hot, brush the remaining 1 tbsp of maple syrup over the top. Leave to cool on a wire rack and then, using the baking paper, lift out the cake and cut into 18 pieces.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• bosh
    Options

Hi Everybody thanks for your messages hi Joan my back is in the process of getting better thanks for asking have a nice Saturday, hi Kitty yes I overdid it with the step but is it’s hard really to know what to do sometimes but next time I’ll be more cautious thanks for your message. Toni the party was nice but LA was a bit naughty but it could’ve been worse, baby R the star of the show got angry when I didn’t take him in my lap I get a bit scared of dropping babies, he made an angry noise but other than that he was well-behaved and Lovely , my sister made some nice decorations with photos and pastels banners and things like that she is very artistic, not like me, we had take - away LA wolfed down a disproportionate amount of chicken nugget nuggets and chips, lol but his parents managed to keep him off the chocolates containing alcohol,, which was Just as well because can you imagine a LA drunk on sugar, Mima / auntie- proximity AND some extremely under - age alcohol? Oh dear - and I had cheese - free pizza which was actually really nice from a local Italian - run place my sister told me not Pizza Hut, which doesn’t do great cheese - free pizza by the way. This Voice control session has now become public so here I depart, lol, just thought i’d quickly mention though Sis and bill had the beginnings of a “ barney” about her world’s longest beauty regime, but her killer look etc quickly shot him down, poor old bill. Hi Barbara I hope you’re okay today? alright bye for now take care everyone I hope you all have a nice afternoon. Tc xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all

Mike I am pleased the bill was less than you thought ..hopefully you will be having a ride to the village very soon xx

Toni the girls are settled I thete jobs thankyou our gd us at a speacial school but it's agency ..but so far they have kept her on and her fiance is in a care home ..

I can't wait to see pics of the wedding ..xx

Joan I keep telling Mr B what he will be able to di after having his hip replaced ..don't think he believes me somehow..have they closed the walkway ...I am fuming fir you xx

Reshmi hope your back is improving..mine does that if I stand un one place fir a while ..ie cooking .so the baby us 1 one bless..abs L a was being naughty I'm sure he will come out of that phase xx

Toady I am ashamed to say we had to have a tree surgeon take diwn our beloved fir tree that we planed around 40 years ago ..it was so upsetting ..but it was leaning so badly..I blame our neighbours fir cutting through some roots to do the fence..I do love wildlife and have left the top of my garden wild..thats my excuse ..😂xx

Kitty what a hood recipe thankyou ..we all like banana bread ..I'm not suppose to have them but do have a little now and then ..glad your cupboards are full nothing nicer xx

Love to all.xxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 444
    Options

@frogmorton @bosh

If any research clinic wants to do a double blind controlled trial of dark chocolate benefits as an antioxidant, we should volunteer!

Thanks for the tip! Just bought extra dark raspberry choc flavour.

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,134
    edited 8. Jan 2022, 19:51
    Options

Hello all 😊 and thank you for your hellos too, a dismal day here so I'm glad to get into the cafe - some awful weather around, and terrible round the world too! poor people. Glad those of you with supermarket deliveries have had them, what a godsend they've been in these times; certainly would not get far relying on Milk & More they are hopeless now - half the time they don't bring any bread, even a substitution - if you've ordered bread obviously you need it, for all they know you are depending on them.

Hello Barbara, it's completely different when it's something like your fir tree, can't be helped.. well it probably could have been helped if it's someone else's fault ☹️ I lost my apple tree the same way.. anyway I mustn't get too high horse-y, gardens take maintenance and if people need or want their garden to be paved & tidy it's up to them, it's the ones who don't think or care & are selfish that are the worst. Here are my pigeon family from Oct., & my dear mrs. blackbird - I always call them Mr & Mrs B., I will make sure you can tell which I'm talking about 😉 All the v. best to your Mr. B. xx

Thank you for keeping your lovely hedges frog, & your wild bits of garden barbara, as long as some of us leave our stuff the birds will always have somewhere, that's the main thing. (That nice 'red robin'/photinia in my pictures, not mine, has been cut right back since, less said about that the better!!) 🐥🐦️. Sorry there are a few wedding hitches do hope they iron themselves out, the main thing is for your sister & DIL to be ok, they should be now shouldn't they. Go on then I will take on your xmas post, a bit more won't make much difference :) I have never ever been so bad with mine, which I can't really explain, how can you be short of time when you're doing less than usual, no going out &c. Ebay, I have a love-hate relationship with - over time they keep fiddling around making changes, usually bad ones, the worst is the Good til Cancelled thing they brought in - you might know - if you list for 30 days things used to just end if unsold, now items relist themselves whether you like it or not 🙄 so if you don't want them up for some reason you have to end them all manually. At the moment I've been doing more buying than selling - nothing expensive, lots of little 'twopenny' things because they were running a prize draw & each purchase = an entry - wish me luck 😂.

That's a lovely banana bread Kitty 😍 I don't have anything exciting to hand round the cafe, I wish Tesco left some christmas things up but they clear them away right after so no more mince pies etc; I do have some nice gin truffles though. 🍸️

I keep browsing for a new phone without any luck, I hate my current one & I know what I do want - nothing fancy - but it probably doesn't exist. Actually all I really want is for my previous one that I loved not to have become un-upgradeable 😕.

Love to all xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni how are you? We should indeed volunteer , chocolate seems to be everywhere these days doesn’t it? oh dear me and having Costas etc nearby isn’t Helping really, lol. LA has made a nickname for my mum in his usual style something like Aarbabu, he’s been learning about grandmothers at nursery so he asked his mummy who his grandmother was , he doesn’t really know his other grandmother he just sees her in video calls, but when it comes to my mum he said, “but she’s my best friend she’s not my grandmother”, v cute. Hi Barbara thanks for your nice message yes I hope it’s a phase with LA anyway, lol. My backs getting better thank you, I understand about your back that must be frustrating my friend has sciatica she’s younger than me about 40 quite sad though because she doesn’t do any walking anymore even she says herself it’s best for her to keep her back mobile oh well I don’t interfere I can’t be everybody’s older sister, lol, even though LA is definitely everybody’s best friend, well, according to himself anyway, lol. Bye for Now everyone have a nice evening. Xx

• frogmorton
    Options

It was think ice again this morning Luckily paul had put an old towel on my windscreen so wasn't slowed down this morning😊

That's it Joan keep taking the 💊 tablets👍️I think Asda is actually very good for some things, but had less choice in my opinion than Tesco. Like it doesn't sell Paul's razors for instance. Having said that the vegan range is excellent and probably better than Tesco. Where do you shop? ((())) xxx

Aww Mike that is lovely! He is a super-hero is Elliott. That made me well-up. He has a lot of work ahead of him, but I don't doubt he can do it. When you survive cancer it does untold damage to some people. Imagine that turing o the lights at legoland! Wow what a memory to have.

I am very pleased you have your scooter back and such a great surprise being VAT exempt so it was way cheaper than feared!. The extra Asda, (imagine that literally pressing send!) shopping is ok will probably save money, but now you can get out again😊

Morning Kitty. You definitely prefer Asda then?! I do think it's also cheaper than Tesco which these days is vital! Might be best to let Holly pick up the bread anyway because she is more likely to get you a long date.

Aha those jars they did clank didn't they? I really wanted to know what was in them. I knew it wouldn't be wine or anything as she is teetotal. Her jam is very tasty as is her marmalade not sure where she gets the fruit from - the secret garden maybe? . Roll mop herrings - lovely🤢

Sorry about that but guess what? BILL is coming here soon he is doing the 'favours' for the wedding (Wax melts) and wants to deliver them in person😊

Yum thank you very much for the sugar free banana bread it was YUM!

Reshmi that sounded a highly highly entertaining birthday 'do'! Lord A makes me laugh and clearly baby R is developing his own personality and likes Goddess Auntie Mimi too and wants pick ups. Soon he will be big enough for you not to worry.

Cheese free pizza - I prefer it to vegan cheeses on pizza myself very nice and near Lucy's work they do a lovely pizza and are independent like your place. I am not so keen on domino's they use too much tomato sauce stuff and not enough veg I like LOADS!

Poor sister she is allowed to do her face - even if it does take forever!!! Cheeky BIL drawing attention to it and embarrassing her. 🤭 Nicely shot down was he. I hope he isn't too badly wounded!

Lucy used to call her Grandads 'Gardar' I love your Mum's name and have been saying it in my head. I hope it sticks it's cute! How sweet she isn't his Grandmother, but his friend❤️

If I don't walk my back gets worse! Your friend is making a mistake, but I agree best to so say anything. If i go 3 days without a walk i definitely know about it!

Well hello @Arthuritis nice to see you in the cafe feel free to join us any time. Bosh, Kitty and myself all have inflammatory arthritides although everyone here will surely join in any chocolate trial😁

Morning Barbara

Am I right that it's potassium in bananas? My bro's absolute favourite fruit now banned he was so upset. Once he has things under control i think he will risk the odd treat.

Bill is coming to bring the wedding favours! He doesn't trust the post not to bash them up. I will post pics of them when they are here.

Good news that your girls are both happy in their work I hope that the agency job gets made permanent though fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is the day the cloak is ready for anyone free to come along for the pre-op to try an force an actual date for surgery out of someone!

Morning Toady I hope all is well with you.

I am very very lucky as I have a large area at the far end of the garden (bought by the previous owners) which is 'greenbelt' so no planting or building allowed. I have however done a naughty there and put in a pond for the wildlife. Still not allowed being greenbelt, but it's right at the bottom so no-one can see it. All around it we have left it like Barbara to grow wild no cutting or mowing and that's where bee bombs will go too I have 3 packs!

I love your bird pics all birds are lovely (ask Kitty she adores them) even pigeons. My bird table and baths are nearer the house so I can see them from the window and remember to top up their feeders.

I was after some more of Tesco's vegan mince pies too so disappointing...

Yes my sister and her DIL are fine and we think all clear and safe now after 10 days with no symptoms and negative LFTs 🤞

The post - I think it's to do with the pandemic it is just NOT like me at all either😳thanks for posting mine too 😊

Good luck with your ebay prize draw!

Right breakfast:

just a small one😁

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty ((())) I hope you have a good day we have the sun for a change today love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad (((()))

Barbara (((())) yes a new hip will change Mr B's life ((())) how are you feeling ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) not long now to the weeding now ((())) we have a delivery from Sainsbury's. love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Mike ((())) that's good you have your scooter back love to vixen Elliott has done so well ((()))

Toady ((())) have a good day

Reshmi ((())) you go careful love to all

Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Kitty
    Options

Hello everyone, nice and sunny here for a change, smashing.

Arthuritis, After reading your post I remembered I had a giant bar of dark chocolate in the cupboard (no Raspberry filling though) so I hunted it out and ate half of it!

Toady, lovely pigeon pics, and I'm glad you enjoyed the banana bread. You don't have to bring anything, just having your company is exciting enough.

Reshmi, my maternal granny was my best friend too, she would tell me about all her young life in service at Tollerton Hall in Nottinghamshire. She slept in anattic where they hung damp washing to dry. She was 11 years old!

Barbara, yes Mr B will be able to do a lot more, he will be like a new man.

Antoinette, I took my BP this morning, 134/84 and I should stay away from bananas too. I'm on 3 blood pressure tablets, Felodipine 20mg. Doxasosin 8mg and Ramipril 250mg. So Bill is doing th wedding favours, how lovely. I don't mind asking Holly to pick up bread for me, but we can't rely on her timing. She has such a lot on at the moment. Esmae and LaVaya are still off school and Elayna is being home schooled! Emily has been busy sorting problems out for her students.

********************************************************************************************************************

Carrot and parsnip dhal

45 Minutes Serves 4Easy

Show your leftover roast veggies some love and use them to top a nourishing bowl of spiced tarka dhal. This makes an easy vegan dinner for four

By Adam Bush from Olive Magazine

Ingredients

• red split lentils 350g
    • coconut milk 400g tin
    • ground turmeric 1 tsp
    • garam masala 1 tsp
    • coriander a small bunch, torn
    • lime 1, wedged

TARKA

• sunflower oil 2 tbsp
    • left-over roast parsnips 300g, cut into pieces
    • left-over roast carrots 300g, cut into pieces
    • cumin seeds 1 tbsp
    • black mustard seeds 1 tbsp
    • garlic 3 cloves, thinly sliced
    • ginger a thumb-sized piece, shredded
    • red chilli 1, thinly sliced

Method

• STEP 1
    • Tip the lentils into a large pan with the coconut milk, 700ml of water, the turmeric and a pinch of salt. Cook gently, stirring regularly, for 30 minutes until the lentils have cooked through, are starting to collapse and have thickened. Stir through the garam masala and season.
    • STEP 2
    • Heat the oil in a frying pan set over a medium-high heat, and fry the parsnips and carrots for 5 minutes until beginning to crisp. Add the cumin and mustard seeds, and fry for 1 minute before adding the garlic, ginger and chilli, frying for another few minutes.
    • STEP 3
    • Spoon the dhal into bowls, top with the carrots, parsnips and spices, sprinkle over the coriander and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.

• Kitty
    Options

Got my BP tablet dosage wrong Felodipine 10 mg, Doxasosin 8mg, Ramipril 5mg. Sorry.

• Arthuritis
    Options

@Kitty On blood pressure, salt (sodium) raises pressure, potassium lowers it, but if you are on pressure meds I guess it might lower it too much.

I have lost 10Kg since early Nov soon after my formal RA Dx and first nasty symptom, and found my pressure drop from 180/110 to 128/90, together with swapping salt for potassium (comes in a shaker), no pills. Still losing weight as my appetite had all but vanished. Still, good excuse for dark chocs & alcohol free red wine (Lindeman’s) or Sparks alc free Merlot!

@frogmorton Thank you so much for the welcome!☺️

• bosh
    Options

hi Toni how are you? I’ve done my neck physio gingerly just now, don’t worry I am being careful and the back situation is definitely improving thank you I’ve been watching this TV show called atelier is on Netflix it’s Japanese with subtitles kind of ugly Betty idea but a lot deeper very interesting although the prob of course is that I really have to concentrate because I don’t understand the original language, The scatty megabrain friend of mine got me into watching these Japanese language things once in a while they’re pretty good actually I didn’t realise that they be so high-quality this isn’t the best one but this is definitely a pretty good one in my opinion goddess auntie Mima I like that description Toni lol, of course my little sis is welcome to spend 10 hours putting her face on in her own house if that’s what she wants to do but the thing is she knew my mum and I were feeling unwell and tired and my mum of course is diabetic too, anyway at least that’s over that’s all I can say I do feel sorry for Bill sometimes though I know he’s a bit lazy but my sister can be really bossy to be honest with you and when she’s angry that look in her eyes it’s completely terrifying, it’s a look which involves lava and eruptions, I think you get my drift, lol, did just go on a very small walk today just to the local shop where I purchased more junkfood than normal but I think that’s only to be expected when there’s more pain than usual. I Made myself a healthy hot Choc with green and Blacks unsweetened cocoa powder there was some brown sugar in it but not that much used gingerbread syrup sugarfree it’s really tasty actually I bought some essences too only I have no idea where they’ve disappeared to anyway such is life, the fridge - monster seems to have consumed them, lol. Yes The right amount of veggie toppings are important I can understand that. I know this is an incomplete message Toni but if I waffle on and on even more than I have been doing I will risk increasing the pain situation so bye for now have a nice Sunday what’s left of it. Kitty that’s really interesting about your maternal granny 11 years old, bless that’s must’ve been an extremely hard life for her. Thanks Joan you have a nice afternoon too. Bye For now sorry this is rushed, take care . Xx

• toady
    Options

Just a quick visit - and to make sure I've left a hello for Barbara in case she calls though she may not of course, but anyway -

hello Barbara thinking of you xx hope all's as well as poss

Lovely to see the sun today, I actually Got Some Things Done, ooer, there's a novelty. Woke up feeling tireder than I went to bed but then got a little burst of activity out of myself from somewhere. Always strange how that happens, because equally you can wake up feeling quite good & then go downhill, so it's all very unpredictable, well I'm sure you all know this only too well!

Breaking news, first tulip is emerging :) I will post a pic tomorrow if there is any sun. Glad you have got a pond, frog, is it a pump-type setup or is that a silly question, do all ponds need them. Also what do you get the in the way of occupants? Green belt is all well & good except my council downgrades bits when it feels like it for housing or sports fields.

Kitty, exciting, me?! I think someone had 1 or 2 too many of those gin truffles I brought in 😂 but I will take the compliment in whatever 'spirit' you meant it, thank you very much :) Yes the pigeon chicks were lovely - not so much fun for the parent, being bothered for food but it was lovely watching them all. I have a resident robin and doves too, & the usual garden regulars, including long-tailed tits (such pretty little things). A heron landed on a nearby roof recently, they do sometimes, and stood unmoving for at least 15 minutes - then I had a rare wren sighting - one extreme of size to the other! Nothing unusual shows up on Great Garden Birdwatch day of course. My Gran was in service too, in Cornwall; we never lived very near them and like a lot of people I wish now I had seen more of them.. but also like a lot of people I would probably not have taken the proper interest at the time.

Thank you Joan I have had a good day, nice bright morning, and got on with a few things so quite pleased with myself. Hope you have had some sun too. xx

Anyway love to everyone, & glad to see we are passing the plain chocolate round - I like Green & Blacks too bosh - I am avoiding some favourites for fear of having to go to the dentists in the middle of all this, no chocolate with anything like nuts &c! I expect my dentist would not be impressed that now I am being careful, though, instead of all the time. (Hello to arthuritis too, I was not aware you weren't really a regular, being an unreliable caller-in myself.)

Have a good Monday everyone xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Hello all

thankyou fir the messages fir Mr B..and the cloak if course

Do we have a new cafe dweller ..welcome from me ..Arthuritis I think your name is..sorry my eyes are not good

Tony I hope all goes well with the wedding ..sure it will and how nice if Bill ti deliver the favours xx

Toady lovely photos ..our poor pigeons keep looking for there tree bless ..we have great crested newts in our garden they were disturbed when they built hoyses further down the rd 😳 xx

Joan I can't go either Mr B tomorrow because if covid ..I do hope they give him a date xx

Kitty lovey that you were so close to your gm I only new my maternal one she was tiny Size 3 shoes ..she died when I was 16 ..xx

Reshmi hope all is well with you and your family xx

Sorry eyes are going

Love to all .xx

Love
    Barbara
  • toady
    Options

Hello all, I wrote a post which disappeared after I made an edit.. is that still a thing or have I done something.. 😔 anyway will have to reconstruct it tomorrow if needs be, may not catch Barbara now she's been in but anyway

love to Barbara for tomorrow & you already know I will be thinking of you and Mr B xx

& love to all xx

• frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone.

Lucy's day off so I didn't get up until 6am!!! Luxury and have no idea at all what the weather is like either 😊

Joan the wedding is super soon I am pretty excited - then I think of things I've forgotten - or think we've forgotten! I keep dreaming about it🤭 How are you both? ((())) xxx

@Arthuritis gosh your BP was high I suppose getting RA drew attention to it so well done losing the weight and getting such improvement. Is the wine nice.....? I love read wine but after one glass used to feel quite iffy!

I lost my appetite when first diagnosed too, but once things are under control it does come back - beware!!😉

Kitty I am glad to hear Holly is still around I know she's unreliable - she has a lot on. She probably wants to help as your 'adult' company is probably so good for her, but her hectic life gets in the way. The girls re doing ok at least I think she's doing a good job.

How much BP medication😮 Gosh that is a lot! The consequences of previous treatments for your cancer I suspect as well as you current condition(s) and vital medication for those ((())) I bet you enjoyed your dark choccy!

I LOVE dahl and might just make that one it looks pretty quick - the ones I usually do involve a lot of overnight soaking of lentils....it's so good for us with all the spices and not too much (if any)salt thank you!

I can't wait to see Bill! It will be amazing as last time was Aidan's funeral as you'll remember.

Have you got that glue off yet Mike? Hope all is well with you and Vixen ((())) xxx

Toady Losing posts hasn't happened for a while since we spotted the 'save draft' button see in black below?⬇️

It's just so frustrating when you've done a long post as i often do (with breaks) so the save is invaluable.

Anyone who is free is welcome to sneak under the cloak of invisibility today to support Barbara and Mr B at his pre-op.

Oh Barbara I am so sorry about your pigeons looking for their tree😕 What a shame.

I hope I might get newts in my pond you know I just might. Paul is going to put in some large stones so anything which can't swim can get back out.

Of course COVID means they only want to see the patient not family. We will all be under the cloak you can come too. Sleek is ready and has rounded up a few of her pusskin friends....

Good morning Reshmi you are very wise to only do all physio and stretches cautiously and gently until your back is fully recovered.

I am not too bad thank you except my 'other' knee was giving me gyp in bed last night, but I shall ignore it and keep going!

10 hours? Was it really 10 hours?😯 Bless your sister wanting to look her best but maybe she goes a tad too far. Your Mum and you had to wait for her to emerge? I hope not. Yes you do have to have some sympathy for your BIL he has his own crosses to bear with his wife even if he is a bit lazy and eats a bit (polite) too much!

Really? Japanese telly is good? Well I never. I don't know if i could be patient with subtitles....maybe I could, but definitely paul wouldn't be! His eyesight is diabolical! I have nearly finished watching Anne with an E! Then we (Paul too) will start the last series of 'This is us' on amazon prime. We have really LOVED that series it's going to be tough when it ends. It has been so very cleverly done.

That healthy hot choc sounds lovely I hope it hit the spot? Don't worry about buying junk food sometimes when you feel rough it helps and you don't do it often. Missing essences...how odd - does BIL like them🤔😁

Take care Auntie Mimi!

Time for breakfast I think we will be healthy after yesterday's sunday lunch...

You don't have to have any avocado Kitty don't worry.

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Have you got that glue off yet Mike? Hope all is well with you and Vixen ((())) xxx

No! I researched on-line and ordered some stuff that was supposed to be good but it didn't shift a bit of it. I think I may have something in the garage and will try to wander down there when the rain eases off. Have a good day.

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Kitty ((())) I take blood pressure tablets Doxsosin 4 and 2 mil and Amlodipine. Have a good day love to Chris ((())) Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Barbara ((())) Good luck to Mr B ((())) today I ho'e they give him a date ((())) love to your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece (()) and her fiancé ((()))

Toni ((())) that's nice Lucy ((())) has a day off and you had a bit longer in bed ((())) have a good day love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Toady ((())) have a good day.

Reshmi ((())) love to everyone

Arthritis nice to meet you ((())) have a good day

Mike ((())) and vixen have a good day

take care
    joan xx
  • Arthuritis
    Options

@frogmorton Yes, the alc free wine is lovely, just what Drs Lindeman & Penfold ordered! Also Spark’s own brand merlot.

I long for the your big breakkie, but these days its more like your healthy version.

Lost appetite and weight rapidly after RA started ramping up really fast within days/weeks from first signs.

Blood pressure fell quickly as I lost weight, and swapped potassium for sodium.