Val's Cafe

Options

Comments

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,933
    Options

Good morning everyone

kitty ((())) I hope the district nurse came and Chris ((())) had is phone call. You don't need anymore problems do you. Love to Anita ((()) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad ((()))

Toni ((())) yes thank you sue and the carers are well. Yes it's strange when you see a different person like in corrie.

Love to Paul ((())) and Charley ((())) and Annie and the careers ((())) and Lucy ((()) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours ((()))

Toady ((())) have a good day

Barbara have a good day love to everyone ((()))

Reshmi ((())) sorry about your tummy love to all ((()))

Mike and vixen ((()))

Carol ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,060
    Options

Hi all I’m just logging in to say hi and bye because I’ve got a busy day today meeting the LLF et cetera I just wanted to say one thing sis did not get that job okay bye for now guys. Xx

• Kitty
    Kitty Member Posts: 3,583
    Options

Morning besties, my it is warm, won't need my blanky, I've bought three BBs with me. They'll keep me warm Better fill the biscuit barrel with Jammie Dodgers or they'll empty the cafe supplies.

Toady, Welcome aboard and thanks for putting the heating up. 😏

Arthuritis, Sorry. I haven't welcomed you aboard yet, Needless to say we're glad to have you.

Reshmi, so Baby R is poorly again, I hope he recovers soon. How is Lord A?

Antoinette, It was put in when we had the kitchen upgraded so it's not very old, just badly designed.

Love to Joan, Barbara and Carol.

Sleek at work, bless her

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Afternoon all..its like spring here I gave been weeding ..long handled of course

Toni I see it can be something to di with age heart murmur that is Mr B never goes to the gp so at least he has had a good medical ..so rugs are being cleaned oh not long then...it will all come together..and I have Chua seeds in my porridge xx

Joan thankyou we know we have a hood hospital so less worry..love to all of you xx

Toady I do like how Mounty Don sees to the wildlife first..newts are fascinating I will pist a pick we have of one hiding ..ooh you have bulbs popping up ..not surprised it's so mild ..thanks for the info on the new postage ,s8metimes my hubby pist things abroad ..mine are all in the uk xx

Reshmi poor baby is poorly again bless ..I'm sorry your sister didn't get thr job ..I always think something better will come along ..you take care xx

Kitty we have a gas meter we can't get to.. have to get our son to read it ..hope both nurses arrive..

Loving the electrician 😅xx

Love to anyone I have missed xxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • bosh
    Options

Hi everyone I know I said I wouldn’t go back on here today because I was busy I still am in a way but I just thought I just make one or two comments and try and control my verbal diarrhoea, lol, I just thought of one or two interesting things to say so hi again Toni Kathleen Barbara and Joan , I Hope you’re all okay? Toni you got me thinking about the saints and your neighbour so I looked it up, and according to the Internet, which may well be wrong , The Saint for good weather is called St Medardus , Who is apparently the St for lots of other things / people as well like prisoners and captives, he likes to laugh and so his intercession is also called upon when people have toothaches, I thought that was quite interesting though laughing and toothache could be a bit of a dubious combination, like laughing and backache as I found out just a couple of days ago ouch but thankfully it’s getting better my back though not fully better yet , thanks for your message Barbara don’t worry my sister has got a very good job at the moment even though she moans and moans about this and she could always do better I suppose (I’ve never been career minded like her), she’s doing well in her current job and I think she should count herself lucky really as a lot of other people with good brains don’t have The chance to use them, okay I’ll stop for now so we can all have our dinner in peace, lol, have a good night everyone, bye love Reshmi. Xx

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening alL

Well after thinking I was getting back on track. I now have the second cold since about the 13 th of December. I think I told you I had been told to take lateral flows for 7 days and order a pcr which came back negative so we were able to have youngest with us at Christmas. Also we all tested negative on lateral flows on the all negative so that we could enjoy New Years day at her house. I had been pinged by track and trace again on 30th for the second time in a month saying The same as before near someone take 7 days lateral flows but not told to take a pcr. So did the lateral flows from the 31st until the Untill the 7th January then because we were back at church on Sunday the 9th I took a test then to make sure I was ok for church then gets second cold symptoms again. On Monday the 11th on Tuesday I get bad coughing didnt get much sleep but that’s not unusual when I get a cold because of my asthma and sometimes I get chest infections but my chest is clear. Last night I slept wrapped up in a duvet in my armchair. And slept very well only woke for the toilet once in the night which is very unusual. Today I managed to get an appointment with doctor FaceTo face believe it or not. She did tests and has told me all test were fine but I had to go home and order a pcr. Which I have done and waiting for test to come and to isolate until the pcr result comes back. I feel fine this morning except for the cough. I have been doing lateral flows since Sunday because on the cold symptoms and all have come back negative. So hoping pcr will too.

i have not read any of the posts so will not commenting them. hopefully thou all had the best Christmas possible.

you will not believe it but in four days our little Ava will be 6 months old.

I did have one laugh last night our miss Cookie usually sleeps in my armchair at night and she was most indignant last night that she couldn’t and was very off with me today. She is going to be the same later as I am doing the same tonight. So funny.

any way will leave you now with my usual ending

love and sparkles to you all❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈

stay positive and stay safe.

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,427
    Options

Morning everyone!

Blimey it's chilly freezing fog and that invisible ice out there so be careful if you venture out it was -1🙄

Mike how is your scooter does it feel any better since it was fixed? Today is very cold so be careful if you go out. There's an egg banjo here with your name on it👇️

Joan yes why do they do that? Weird isn't it? I suppose they want to keep the character and the actor leaves they have no choice. This Summer though looks late 20s and wordly wise where the other one was obviously young and innocent looking. Glad you and the carers are all doing ok. Paul's apprentice's brother has COVID so he is going to stay off (Paul will pay him) until after the wedding to protect us all. ((())) xxx

Nice and cosy now in the cafe thanks to Toady isn't it Kitty? The BBs will be happy and so will the cafe's profits if you bring your own biscuits for them🤭

Wow that is bad if the electrics are fairly recent! Look at my darling pusskin hard at work bless her. Did she sort much out? She usually only tackles smaller jobs not complete rewiring projects. I expect she'll be back later to do some more.

Isn't it lovely having new people or 'old' people revisiting like Toady (not old you know what I mean!) and look Carol has called in too for a cuppa and natter....

Today i am collecting wedding bunting from my friend who has made some to decorate here before the big day must collect some fabulous flowers for her on the way she deserves them :)

If you pop in Toady gosh I am glad you twiddled with that thermostat it's -1 today here!

Morning Barbara it's not mild today -1 out there this morning when I took Lu to work brrrr!

There are daffodil shoots of course here in the village sadly most of mine went when they did the garden last year, but i can add what i fancy. Waiting to see the snowdrops pop up soon.....

Why are meters put in stupid places?? 🙄at least your boy can read it for you.

Hopefully Mr B's heart murmur won't affect anything too much but they must check it out before doing surgery of course safety first!

Reshmi What a shame your sister didn't get the job. She will no doubt get the next one and as you say her present job is a very good one which uses all her brain cells. Maybe the larger brain is relevant when it comes to general dissatisfaction 🤔

How is Baby Ro today is he any better?

How was lunch out? Is LLF doing ok?

Gosh how interesting are the Irish Catholic Saints! No I do not laugh if I have toothache (BTW did you Dad ever get his sorted out?) it hurts too much and I do not want to introduce cold air in in! I think you may have found the right Saint there although I didn't remember his/her name. We need sunshine no rain no fog and a few flakes of snow in the evening for a pretty photo! That's it😁 Shall I put my order in?

Oh Miss Cookie! You had to give up your chair for mummy! Carol that is classic they do not like change. Be careful if you nip for a wee she might just repossess 'her' chair😉

It is good to see you even if you are ill again🙄 I know a lot of cold are COVID at the moment, but people are getting colds again anyway as they are mixing more. Hopefully this PCR will be negative again and all will be well. Until Mr T catches it....

You must be reassured that your GP is happy with your chest. You don't want an infection.

Ava nearly 6 months?! I can't believe it! I bet it has passed to quickly for her Mum and Dad too bless them all.

My Charley gets married a week on Monday so l am pretty busy and stressed - seems like she should be about 14 not about to be a married woman!

Hi To @Arthuritis if you pop by helps yourself to a cuppa and an unhealthy vegan 'egg' banjo

• Mike1
    Mike1 Member Posts: 1,992
    Options

Mike how is your scooter does it feel any better since it was fixed? Today is very cold so be careful if you go out. There's an egg banjo here with your name on it👇️

Morning, I went up the village shop to get some milk and the scooter behaved well thankyou. Have not had an egg banjo for weeks, can't be bothered today but maybe at the weekend. Have a good day.

• Kitty
    Options

Won’t be in today, Asda is coming with a full delivery van. The y substituted rhe small whole meal for a different brand and the milk fit semi-skimmed, but the large bread is the one we ordered, Chris is getting his Nurofen gel x 2. My Belvita choccy biccies are unavailable! Why can’t they send subs for some things but not for others?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." Robert A Heinlein

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone I nearly finished my post and it disappeared

Kitty ((())) I don't know why we can't have other things when they have not got what we want. Love to everyone

Barbara ((())) I hope Mr B ((())) does not have to wait too long for his test love to everyone

Carol ((())) I hope your cold soon goes cookie knows the best places to sleep

Toni ((())) Once the wedding is over it will be calmer for you. Love to everyone

Reshmi ((())) have a good day love to everyone

Mike his your scooter a three wheel or four wheel one love to vixen ((()))

take care
    joan xx
  • Mike1
    Options

Mike his your scooter a three wheel or four wheel one love to vixen ((()))

It's a four wheeler:

• bosh
    Options

Hi Toni I’m dealing with the backlog of messages today, lol, well at least that’s much better than a backlog of work emails, thanks about Baby R , he’s now on the mend now though his rash or rash - like symptoms have gone almost gone and doc said he’s okay PCR was negative I probably have mentioned that already but I’m sort of catching up with myself and getting slightly confused in the process, lol, My dad went to see baby R today, mum of course can’t take risks being immuno -suppressed dad is staying a bit longer in Maidenhead so he can see a little LA come back from nursery but Poor LA will be devastated when grandad goes back home but never mind perhaps they both need a dose of each other, lol. Good job that LA is such a big fan of his grandad to be honest I don’t know anyone else who is not yet, lol. I made a Carob cake today by the way Toni I just made it from the recipe on the carob powder box to be honest I’ve done it once before long time ago but I thought I’d try it again it was good, but I think it tasted a lot better cold though I’ve eaten way too much of it and my mum made some other wholesome savoury lentil-based goodies and I fear I may have a stomachache tonight of my own doing so I’ll have the methotrexate tomorrow that’s my plan,🤢 I did try and find a legally downloadable image of the recipe but I couldn’t do so easily at the moment for some reason but basically it’s just the recipe on the Cotswold carob powder box if you’re interested, in one version of the cake or a similar cake as far as I remember there were ground almonds, but nuts are so not good for my mum‘s diabetes even though they are good for me so everything is very complex and I decided to do it without ground almonds today 😄. Goodness I’ve already waffled for half a page and am fast using up my “let’s prevent an unnecessarily stiff neck minutes”, so I’ll summarise, the LLF visit was good thanks, I had some nice food but not too much so my stomach remained well at that point Roger was also well thank you LLF has got an ulcer in her ear or something like that but she wasn’t wearing a winter coat she never wears a coat regardless of the weather she dresses in the same way summer or winter with a kind of jumper fleece and trousers no sign of a coat no sign of a T-shirt . Barbara I thought I hope that Mr B’s pre-Op went well when does he have his heart scan?Hi Joan and Kathleen - Joan my back is still not quite 100% to be honest but it’s definitely a lot better than it used to be thanks. Hi Arthuritis I hope you’re well too. Kathleen L.A.’s well at the moment my mum thinks he caught some kind of similar infection to BR , my mum said that he fought it off quickly because he’s that much older than poor vulnerable baby R. J, hope that Sue is well is too? Okay I better go now and perhaps have a cup of tea before the kitchen explodes with family conflict lava magma overheated coffee okay I’ll leave bye for now everyone. Xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan, I am sorry in my rush I didn’t see your Message properly, my stomach is okay at this moment thank you but I must admit I overdid the carob cake I made plus some sort of lentil - rich stuff my mum lovingly made, so what my stomach’s like in an hour or so , I am not sure at all, 🤢 but I’ll definitely let you know though not In all the sordid details, of course lol, have a nice evening. Xx

• Turbogran
    Turbogran Member Posts: 2,023
    Options

Evening all

I am really utterly fed up today my cough is driving me mad now. PCR test arrived this morning went to take the test and find that it is incomplete no swab so could not take the test. Rang 119 to tell them and was told we will send you another kit so another day at least one more day to stay indoors. It’s annoying more than anything else because doctor gave me some antibiotics in case if was a chest infection she said chest sounded clear but told me to see how I went for the next couple of days and if it was no better to take them well today it has so annoying that I have given in and taken them. The thing was she didn’t say straight away that I was to stay in and get the test. Only when because my prescriptions go straight to the pharmacy next I said will they be ready to collect now I normally have them delivered. She said can someone else collect them for you as you need to go straight home and arrange a PCR and isolate untill you get the result me thinks I should have kept my big mouth shut and let the pharmacy deliver

. Mind you I have had 6 daily negative lateral flows since the cold symptoms started. Well Sunday I really took the test because I was going to church. Upshot of the whole thing is I now have to wait and see if my new test kit comes tomorrow. Fingers crossed it will. If it wasn’t for the fact that it is too far to walk I would go to the walk-in center as you are allowed to do that. As long you don’t take public transport so annoying. Toni Mr T has already had a cold just got over it.

our youngest daughter is also suffering with aches and pains due to arthritis and tennis elbow and wanting to be centre of attention. so I am getting calls from her all the time I actually said to her today welcome to the world of arthritis. It’s certainly don’t do you any good when you have your own problems to listen to others whingeing about how bad they feel.

on a lighter note received this picture of Kian today out with Mum and Dad having a cooked breakfast.

and as you can see he ate it all.

Sorry if I have ranted on tonight but don’t really have anyone to talk too about my problems.this group was the only place I could think of to let out the frustrations hope you don’t mind.

love and Sparkles to you all

❤️❤️❤️🌈🌈🌈🌈

Stay positive always👍xx
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone it's foggy and cold again!🙄

I'm very pleased, Mike, to hear that the scooter is behaving nicely. I like the colour - I had a scooter that yellow looked a bit like this:

I have a picture somewhere of it with Benjamin Blackthorn-Browne (my then black cat) sat in a basket at the front.

Kitty I have no idea why they can substitute some stuff not others.....Maybe there isn't anything even remotely similar? I have to tick the no subs box for all my vegan stuff or I get stuff with eggs or milk in there. Odd things like bread with milk in, you can imagine useless to me 🙄

Busy day for you and no doubt you rang Dad too I hope he's ok?

I hope Chris got his gel in the end? I picked up our repeats yesterday all sorted the right side of the wedding. Would you like to see some of the stuff I've been making for the big day?

Take care look forward to hearing from you properly later.

Joan you are so very very right life will return to normal soon I hope it's all go at the moment and I think Charley wanted me to do 'the' speech - someone help! ((())) xxx to you and Sue.

Morning Reshmi. I am very pleased to hear Baby R is all good again. Small children really know how to frighten us don't they? Yes Baby R will be more vulnerable to picking stuff up kids immune systems take time to develop bless him.

Aww Your Dad went to see Baby R in place of your Mum and waited to see Lord A. Bless them both I expect Lord A loving his Grandad must make your Dad feel special and loved too, that is good even if there would have been tears when he had to go home. I bet your Dad had some sweeties to cheer Lord up and extricate himself!

Oooh carob cake! Would you believe I was able to google it and the recipe has come straight up! Thank you i imagine it will be nice cold. We do need the odd treat. I would love the lentil dish your Mum had cooked too, but the combination might not be great for the old belly😖l fear..... MTX too? good idea get it all over in one go. A steady day today for you and me as well 😕but tomorrow will be better at least.

You did well with your food during your lunch out that's good at least. Nice to catch up with Roger and LLF I am sure. Gosh no coat?! Just a fleece😯 That would not do me for definite. I am snuggled up as much as possible we have to think of our joints LLF doesn't and maybe she moves faster?? If she has something not right in her ear a hat too!

Morning Carol. How infuriating the PCR kits being substandard! I wouldn't be happy at all as you say it's another day trapped in - or two🙄 Someone should get a telling off for that gaff.

I would probably have started the meds if I thought things were worse because it could be on your chest by now and getting another Dr's apt will be almost impossible being the weekend. Mr T is the culprit for giving you the cold then! Shame it's too far to walk to the walk-in.

How is Miss Cookie coping with naughty Mummy pinching her chair?😉

Sometimes it's difficult to be patient when someone is moaning about tehri aches and you feel really rough yourself. Is your youngest the one who is on her own? If so she will rely on you a lot more than the others.

Miss Sleek sent these via Miss Cookie.

Kian lookd so sweet and doesn't he eat well! Good lad and good mum and dad i see they have their masks with them👍️

Love to you Barbara I hope all is well and you hear very soon about Mr B's scan.

A quick wave to @Arthuritis hope you are doing ok today.

Breakfast even though it's cold is Aidan's but they are nice and warm fresh out of the oven:

• dachshund
    Options

Good morning everyone

Toni ((())) I read you can buy a hybrid kit Kat. I hope the weather is good they say the South will have snow. We will see. Love to Paul ((())) Charley ((())) and Annie ((())) and the carers ((())) and Lucy ((())) and Tia ((())) and Kari ((())) and your lovely neighbours (((())) have a good weekend

Carol ((())) lovely photo ((())) you moan has much as you want you have to let it out.

Barbara ((()) have a good weekend love to Mr B ((())) and your son ((())) and Niamh ((())) and your brother ((())) and his girlfriend ((())) and your niece ((())) and her fiancé ((()))

Kath ((())) have a good weekend love to Chris ((())) and Anita ((())) and Val ((())) and Emily ((())) and your Dad (((()))

Reshmi ((())) I hope you all have a good weekend all of you I hope your tummy is better.

Mike ((())) that's a nice colour scooter mine is a four wheel red Orion plus it has a clock we would be lost without our scooters. Have a good weekend love to vixen

take care
    joan xx
  • Arthuritis
    Arthuritis Member Posts: 444
    Options

@frogmorton Morning ! Thanks for the lovely messages. Its been a rough couple of days waiting for mtx dose to kick in, and then I look on the intro & living with RA groups and see so many in so much pain & despair that while trying to comfort them, wondering if that is the future that awaits. Hopefully its mainly part of early RA, but I also see many who have had it for years still in unrelenting pain and not being taken seriously by those paid to help them really gets me down. One in particular, who might be battling both Lyme & RA, messaged the helpline chat and does not seem to have had any response yet, from a mod.

The meagre level of investment in finding a cure compared to the vast sums available to produce new expensive drugs that maintain dependency & disease but not cure is also depressing. This something govts as otherwise they will have spiralling healthcare costs and declining earners with fortunes being paid to pharmacos. Can’t expect private pharma to invest, that’s like turkeys voting for an early Christmas!

Sorry, just a couple of down days.

• Kitty
    Options

Morning everyone.

Carol, this is the only place where I can sound off with my moans too. It's what we are here for. 🤤

Antoinette, I ring dad today, which will be in a bit - I hope he is well. 😕

Joan, we did get a substitute loaf yesterday, but bread is bread isn't it, and we aren't fussed which one we get. 🙄

Mike, I couldn't fit a scooter in my house. Only got room for my walkers.

Barbara, thinking of you and mr B, I hope things go well. ❤️

Reshmi, that sounds logical what your mum said about BR and LA.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Partnered content with Tesco

Easy vegan katsu curry

40 Minutes Serves 4Easy

This plant-based version of katsu curry features crispy grilled Tesco Plant Chef Vegetable Fingers in a fragrant veggie sauce. Enjoy served with rice and pickled vegetables

Ingredients

• sushi rice 300g, rinsed well until the water runs clear
    • balsamic vinegar or black rice vinegar (chinkiang) 2 tbsp
    • caster sugar 2 tsp
    • Tesco Plant Chef Vegetable Fingers 16

Katsu sauce

• vegetable oil
 1 tbsp
    • onion 1, finely chopped
    • carrot 1, finely chopped
    • ginger a thumb-sized piece, finely grated
    • garlic 1 clove, crushed
    • mild or medium curry powder 2 tbsp
    • fresh vegetable stock 400ml, or 1 vegetable stock cube made up with 400ml boiling water
    • cornflour 1-2 tbsp

To serve

• Ribboned cucumber tossed in a little rice vinegar
    • sliced red chilli
    • pickled ginger

Method

• STEP 1
    • Put the sushi rice in a pan and cover with 350ml water. Bring to a simmer, then turn the heat to low, add a tight-fitting lid, and cook, not disturbing the lid, for 12-14 minutes until the water has absorbed and the grains are just tender. Mix the vinegar and sugar with a pinch of salt until dissolved. Drizzle over the top of the rice and cover with the lid. Leave to steam for a further 10 minutes off the heat.
    • STEP 2
    • Meanwhile, make the katsu sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion and carrot for 10 minutes until lightly golden and tender. Stir in the ginger and garlic, fry for a minute more, then stir in the curry powder. Add the vegetable stock, bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
    • STEP 3
    • Blend the sauce with a stick blender until smooth. Mix the cornflour with 4 tbsp water, and add enough to the sauce to thicken until it coats the back of a spoon thickly. Keep warm over a low heat and season well.
    • STEP 4
    • Heat the grill to high. Put the Tesco Plant Chef Vegetable Fingers on a baking tray and grill for 5-6 minutes each side until golden and crisp.
    • STEP 5
    • Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between four bowls. Top with the vegetable fingers and pour over the sauce. Serve with quick pickled cucumber, sliced onion or pickled ginger.

• bosh
    Options

Hi There Toni yes regarding the Sis, The dissatisfaction may well be part of the Mega brain syndrome, A good point there, by The way this is a public voice controlling session, yes it is difficult when kids get ill, The gd did a good thing there but to be honest it’s about time, like I said there is some family censoring going on here so have to be careful. Regarding c cake recipe I was quite tired when trying to do the download so it may just be my tiredness that lead to inefficiency sorry about that good you found it though. I used Dr Oetker’s Moroccan almond essence I think that made it taste a lot better. I actually didn’t have methotrexate yesterday because I had so much roughage I was afraid of bad stomach problems, so I’m having it today instead. Okay I’ll leave it there for today T, yes not even wearing a hat it’s very odd I’m never without one well hardly ever sun hat in the summer anyway you know the rest I won’t go on and on, need to get things done and have the methotrexate soon. Tc xx

• bosh
    Options

Hi Joan, How are you and Sue today? the stomach is okay at the moment thanks how long this will last though I don’t know. Tc xx

• bosh
    edited 15. Jan 2022, 14:53
    Options

Hi Kitty thanks for your message hope you’re okay today? hi to Barbara as well I hope your eyes aren’t too bad today? bye for now take care. X

• bosh
    Options

Hi T the day has turned really terrible now, my dad’s bullying has left me in tears again, sorry for venting, I’m going to have methotrexate and lie down. Xx

• barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options

Evening all cold this morning then another lovely spring like day

Toni how lovely having the wedding buntings made by someone in the village ..these wedding are coming thick and fast ..Next will be Lucy ..like you say were do time go.

I am sure the snowdrops won't ge long ..then you can soon plant for ☀️ xx

Joan thankyou for thinking of us ..I don't know how you remember us all 😁hope all us well has can be fir you both xx

Carol you can moan to us anytime ..its awful being poorly on top if everything else.. I just hope the new test will be negative for you..Cookie fumming at you being in her chair bless 😅..I am loving the photos what a good little eater xx

Arthritis don't apologise ..you are allowed to rant ..who knows what the future will bring ..hopefully something new very soon xx

.Reshmi I had to laugh at baby p being a fan of your dad's.bless ..hopefully dad will not bring anything back to make mum or you poorly ..tiredness us certainly a thing we all seem to suffer from even though we have different arthritises..mine oa but they were undecided last time I saw someone ..hope your day has been a good one xx

Kitty don't you just wonder what will he missing from online orders I was reading that lots of Christmas orders were a disaster ..one got salmon instead of turkey and not much veg thakypu for the Katsu curry recipe xx

Mike I am liking the 4 wheeled scooter ..and glad all is well with it xx

Love to all

Xxxxxx

Love
    Barbara
  • frogmorton
    Options

Morning everyone - no ICE it's raining instead🙄😁

Joan I have had a vegan kit kat twice and they are just as good as the original ones isn't that great? They do a topic too which has lots of hazelnuts and a bounty but i don't like bounties Paul said it was nice. Hope you are all well what about the dogs are they both ok? ((())) xxx

Morning @Arthuritis nice to see you in the café again. Sorry you have been a bit rough. I hope your MTX has kicked in now? At least as far as it does.

Did you say someone has been missed in helplines? That's unusual I know helplines don't work over the weekend, but does this person go further back? It's not the mods who answer those posts, (although they do welcome new people like they do all new members), but specially trained helpline staff. Somehow this needs to be highlighted and brought to someone's attention.

I also try to support people here as they have supported me over the years. Hopefully I am upbeat enough and try to be patient when very often I have answered the same question many times before. For each of us our pain is unique and a bit of peer understanding can go such a long way. I have never forgotten my first visits here I just bawled my eyes out. These lovely people helping me.

Loved this I am quoting you: "Can’t expect private pharma to invest, that’s like turkeys voting for an early Christmas!"

Really made me smile. Please feel free to rant or let us support you too we all do it in here.((()))

Morning my Kitty how are you today?

How was Dad did he moan a bit? I expect he did and no doubt isn't at all interested in just how well he is doing and how amazing he is.

I was just saying the same to Arthuritis moan away it's what we do it's a safe place to vent and we all do it!

It is a shame a scooter wouldn't fit in your place it would be ideal. I remember Bill getting a shed for his Dad to have one do you?

YUMMY katsu curry thank you. Ooops! Sleek no! Don't worry it isn't cat curry! Katsu! It's a Japanese dish and vegan anyway. She really needs to stop reading over my shoulder!

Morning Reshmi how are you today have you got an MTX hangover? 😕 I hope your stomach is holding up.

BTW I read between the lines about your Dad and his contribution (or lack of) to family life. Yes about time I get it, but late is better than never shame he isn't as kind at home to you and your Mum.

Yes I found the recipe for the caron cake so easily it was in images when I just put the make in. Don't worry I found it and thanks for the tip about the Dr Oetker essence 👍️

I hope you feel up to doing your physio and stretches today it's raining here unfortunately, but I will still go for a walk whatever happens! It just might be a little one with my hat on coat and ☔ 😁

Morning Barbara what? Lucy getting married?! Noooo! Must be your GD next I think.😉

The bunting has been made by my friend in Stoke. The one I was best woman for at her and her wife's civil partnership many years ago? It's gorgeous their wedding colours with tiny little horse shoes.

How right you are the cafe is a safe and supportive place to rant and moan and feel sorry for ourselves sometimes. Talking of deserving a rant or moan did Mr B cope ok with the delay?

Any news about your brother is he doing any better after his procedure on his throat?

Morning to Mike I hope all is well with you we have ☔ rain. We are having sunday cooked breakfast there is an egg banjo for you if you prefer.

A quick wave to Carol👋 in case she gets in I hope the PCR test has arrived 🤞

• Mike1
    Options

Morning to Mike I hope all is well with you we have ☔ rain. We are having sunday cooked breakfast there is an egg banjo for you if you prefer.

Thanks petal, I have had my weekly cooked breakfast this morning, 1 sausage patty, 2 has browns and an egg. Vixen asked for a bit of the sausage patty which I gave her and which she promptly turned her nose up at and walked off.