Val's Cafe

Comments

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning Joan

Sue had her trifle then I see!!! Good for her. Hope you had a good day. Did you watch midwives? You might have the coffee photo sussed there we shall have to ask Keef if he agrees🙂 Take care love to you both ((())) xxx

Morning Keef

I am so pleased your Mum has received such excellent care so quickly bravo NHS. It will be lovely to have her nearer in Colchester hospital. You will have to get well soon so you can go and see her. No idea how you speed up a cold though😕Such a worry the poor lady ((())) for you all.

How naughty are they trying to get people to spend money on unnecessary pickups?!😠 I'm glad your own is the best you've ever had. I think a new year new guitar safari is definitely in order.

Did Sucré enjoy the big day? I bet he did bless him. What was his favourite toy?

Did you do the cooking? I pictured you doing it.

Morning Reshmi

How are you this morning? I hope you all survived the day ok. I add Gaviscon advance to my arsenal when I eat that kind of food😁

What about your Mum's bs though? Is it ok? The cake your sis made looked lovely can your Mum risk a small slice?

I expect BIL was in his element yesterday with food being everywhere! Me? I could not eat for a week now and I was careful!

What were the boys' favourite toys? Apart from eating too many Yorkshire puddings of course which are lovely but fortunately for me not vegan! HAH! That helps a lot.

Well take care today Reshmi nice restful day I hope? ((())) xxx

Morning Toady. How are you? Hope you're ok.

I wanna baby 🦉 Please. Thank you.

We had a good day all in all saw all the kids. Plenty to eat (maybe too much) and some laughs. Some decent telly on the whole.

This was my secret santa 100 (I counted each and every one!) small plastic 🐸 😂 so I put them in a fish bowl and added some pretty lights.

mad eh? Paul had socks poor Paul. All he ever gets is socks. Or pants.

Take care Toady see you later I hope.

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,712
    edited 26. Dec 2023, 08:38

good morning everyone wppl xx

happy Boxing Day xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to you and your carers (())

Toady (()) have a good day (()) will you have a rush with boxes now.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (( )) Have the people in the village still not speaking. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) how are you and your mum after yesterday rush have a good day.

Keef (()) love to your mum (()) and Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Hi Toni, no cooking for me, we went to Nannie’s house. It was a kind of come over if you well enough I have food invite. So my 2 went in car and I biked. Had a nice afternoon playing with Sucré’s new toys. 2 Hours to build Marble Run.

i hate being somewhere without my own transport, or with others meaning I can’t leave when I want. I came home just before it was fully dark and 5 seconds after i got home it chucked it down so v lucky.

played guitar for a bit until my 2 got home. Perfect Christmas day really, certainly had a lot worser over the years.

Hi everyone, hope your Boxing Day going well.

On my own tomorrow and Thursday but think I be okay this week. Plenty of Master Class guitar lessons lines up online. And it’s only 2 days not 3.

• bosh

Hi Toni toady Joan and Keef

im tired but ok thanks

mums bs was ok too 🙏

I’m rather cream crackered really

but a new armchair dance took place inspired by jelly monster

sorry only fruit monster has been immortalised by camera so far lol

bye for now everyone tc xx

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364

Hi all 👋

Didn't get much sleep for no particular reason last night so this prob won't be a riveting post either, but hi to everyone and will take a nice cup of coffee if it's going for a change, anything with one of bosh's nice seasonal cocoa sifted thingies 😀. Glad you got through all your festive doings ok frog, and had a laugh, that's the main thing, even if slightly too much food you can rein it right from back today can't you. Unless the leftovers are calling 😉 Sleek went home with a few parteh vegetarian sausage rolls, and some other bits & pieces, I did tell her that you won't be short of xmas fare but I think the plan may have been to keep them in her ickle house for later 🤔. Did she try the nut roast? (oh my gosh that cat in the pic was definitely doing some serious thinking🤔). Oh, she has promised me a few jam tarts for New Year when I am running down a bit on things 👍️. Hope everyone well all family, animals etc. 100 little frogs, well it's the first thing that springs to mind for a secret santa isn't it 😄 but they had their reasons ofc and they do look sweet in their bowl. Didn't watch a single bit of telly, I was hoping to get into a video game I play but looks like it's finally outstripped my laptop's specs now which was most annoying, I was only in there at Hallowe'en 🙄. Have a good day tomorrow, always goes a bit flat after xmas doesn't it so I will be glad when things are normalish again. 👋 :) xx

Hello Joan, hope you and Sue had a nice Boxing Day 😊. No I don't expect to be busy at all with parcels in the New Year people seem to go quiet didn't sell anything till well into January this year. I'll be glad when there's post and shops are open etc. Have a good evening :) xx

Hi bosh, well done for getting through the EFstivities, very clumsy pun indeed 😬 hope the patented super strength antacid did the trick and you are not too bad in the gastric dept. tonight. Hope everyone ok too, your mum of course, and the littleys had fun with their new dance 😄 and all the rest. Nice cake, love the fruit, none left I suppose 😔 if not I will help myself to the fruit monster 😀 that looks much nicer than the 3 slightly black bananas in my fruit bowl, I will have to deal with them severely I think. Have a good night see you soon :) xx

Glad you had a good Christmas keef v pleased to hear 😀 yes definitely a good idea to be able to get back under your own steam, I always hate that too waiting for lifts. Marble run, what a great present 😊 I've been looking at them just now and I think I might need Robotime Marble Night City 😄 . All the best to everyone :) xx

Love to all hope @Jewels1973 and @Emmasknackeredjoints are as ok as poss :) xx

• bosh

👋 Keef glad you managed to avoid the rain ☔️

hi Toni

I had two naps today

somehow I’m still tired

mum and I both have b tests tomorrow

but at different locations

mine is at gps, mums is at hospital

hers is for doc to check effectiveness of tacrilimous dosage change

i read three massive stories to the boys

one was about monsters and we all did the jelly monster armchair dance, basically shaking shoulders neck etc in monster - fied physio manner lol, it was very enjoyable and the innocent enthusiasm LA and BR had for the dance was so sweet

there was no fruit monster yesterday that was just a photo I found lol

they had lots of toys, a pretend cash register among them

they ate thousands of cocktail sausages

we ate lunch about 4 pm so being careful for me kind of went out the window for me Toni unfortunately

I would write more but I need to have my meds at a certain time today sorry about that

love the pics Toni

Hi again Joan

yes mum and I got to rest today thanks

shes ok thanks

hope you both enjoyed Christmas?

Hi toady

sorry you didn’t sleep much

how was your Christmas?

sorry routine lithium med - taking regime waits for no mima or Cafe unfortunately

bye for now everyone good night tc xx

• frogmorton

Not my puss but cute

Morning Joan oh yes the village stand-off is still going on. Likely to be a few years and upsetting more than just the two couples. Puts us all in a position doesn't it? Hope you are both ok at least? ((())) xxx Heard from Barbara yesterday she is ok wishes everyone a merry Christmas.

Morning Keef

Nannie won't mind you going over with our without germs. She's already been exposed to the Germs-au-Sucré hasn't she? Well done beating the rain home - it's chucking down here 🙄

Are you on your own now for a few days? Did I understand that right? You probably need that now anyway as you say plenty of stuff guitar wise to do online. Some peace and rest will probably do you good.

Any news on your Mum? Is she now back at Colchester Hospital?

Cuppa for you

Morning Reshmi how are you? A bit less tired I hope and all ready for your bloods today? Good luck to you and your Mum I hope hers are now much better and teh bs is stable still.

Oh I need to try the armchair dance! Sounds great and adorable that the boys loved it and joined in. Children can be so sweet. 3 books? You read 3😮 what a kind Auntie Mima they have. Luckily not missing.

Love the elephant pic don't show it to little LA it may well trigger bittersweet memories....

Eating a hue meal at 4! Gosh your poor poor stomach. Like mine needs a week off now ((()))

I have some vegan cocktail sausages here they are yum!

Take care and have a good day it's raining so warm we need waterproof but not warm 🧥 xxx

Morning Toady

coffee?

whatever you fancy

Well secret 🎅 can be a silly pressie I mean Paul's socks, well they were wrapped with 3 tiny bells so sounded very exciting until he got inside the packaging😕bless.

I do like frogs and have a fair few, but not sure what I'll do with these ones yet.....give me time. Maybe glue hooks and they can go on next year's tree? They do have the cutest little faces.

No TV? I don't blame you, but suggest you try to find Tabby Mctatt and Mog on catchup if you want some Telly Sleek will watch it with you. You might be right about the food she brought back. There are a few crumbs leading out of the door of her ickle house....

How annoying about your game though😠

Back eating healthy again remember it's the Dr for me on 3rd about my furred arteries so must behave.

Sleek has her mackintosh and sou'wester on radiator warming up ready for her trip over to you as mummy has the foodbank today.

Take care

• bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) have a good day love to everyone

Toady (()) have a good day. We have wind and rain. I have a cold. Pepper will be 10 tomorrow.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) we watched Vera last night good stories. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) how is her pain.

Keef (()) have a good day how is your cold I have it now. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (()) and your mum (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef

Hey everyone. Cold almost gone.

love that coffee mug Toni.

Mum back at care home. It is a wonderful place and not at all like care home stereotypes in my mind.

was going today but everything hurts. My ribcage is sore like when I had pneumonia in my early 30s anyway it’s been raining since midnight and everywhere very wet.

i didn’t see the theory re the coffee swirl, can someone enlighten me please?

• Skinny Keef

Oh no Dachshund how did that happen ?

• Skinny Keef

Migraine city unfortunately. Was bubbling away when i got up around 9. Went to bunker and tried to carry on as normal but had to give up about an hour ago. Very frustrating as it’s my guitar playing time, but not surprising as all the stress i had over last few days is being released as everything calms down again. It’s slightly better now hence being able to type.

oh and completely lost my appetite. Haven’t eaten anything since yesterday breakfast. No idea what that is about.

• bosh

Hi Keef

sorry your ribcage is sore

i hope the pain passes soon

about the coffee swirl, maybe it was a painting made to look like a photograph? I’m not sure

hi toady

how are you this afternoon?

sorry the chocolate cake has been fully devoured now lol

you are welcome to approach the fruit monster though

you may require a shield though

either made of hair or cabbage

neither is great shield - material but at least both are widely available haha

hi Toni

mum is ok thanks although this morning I wasn’t able to find out about her bs as she was so busy getting ready for her blood test

but she’s fine at the moment and didn’t require gluco - zade etc in the morning so no hypo

sorry I had some energy then it disappeared dealing with demon dad and so on really

mums had her b test thanks

she should get results soon

LA was hurting BR yesterday, poor Baby R was crying I told him to stop and this was wrong, he did stop but got in a mood, mum is telling his mummy about it, I hope that this is behaviour learned from Lorenzo and that it can soon be “unlearned”

BR sold me a block of cheese with the toy cash register it was £4!

Even more than Smart - Pose / Wart - Rose/ Oh How Fearfully Strong The Wind Blows or whatever you want to call it lol

Bittersweet memories- I like that haha

well 3 massive stories from ultra thick cheese wedge of a story book 📕

vegan cocktail sausages sound good, I’m not a fan of the meat ones

i gave Bill his customary posh ketchup and some choccies in the hope that he may leave his wife’s future choccies alone but that hope may be a bit like pigs flying first class in the Concorde of life or something like that I guess really

Hi Joan

sorry you’ve got a cold

hope you feel better soon

I’ll leave it there for now everyone bye tc xx

Ps blueberry chill pill sweets apparently xx

• toady

Hi all 👋

Bit of a filthy old day out there 🙄 not quite as filthy as forecast but that's not saying a lot. Sleek made it over before the wind really got up frog, did you realize she sneaked out with her christmas jimjams on under her mackintosh to show me 🤭 she looks adorable in them, I want some the same 😍😄. Poor Paul, jingly socks that sound exciting must have been slightly more disappointing even 😔, is he difficult to buy novelty items for, I suppose people didn't want to do choc &c and put temptation in a dieter's path. And yes you can't go mad either with dr's looming, a bit near isn't it 😕. Good job you can have cafe yule log, plenty left. Hope the foodbank was ok not too bad a day for you weatherwise either. V quiet here will have to pack a silly little parcel tomorrow, no other plans. I still have a couple of festive phone calls due between here & New Year, including someone who I find it impossible to strike the right note with re the how are you's; tell it like it is and I'll get oh dear, cheer up; put a positive spin on things I'll be deemed to be in the well enough for visits & entertaining 'danger zone' 😱 🤷‍♀️ 😂 can't win. Have a good day tomorrow, hope all family well & cat and dog-in-laws etc :) xx P.s. that was a lovely hot mug of coffee thank you 😊

Hello joan, well I did make my first small sale after xmas after all, very small 😂 I was hoping for slightly better when I saw my sale 'bell' go off, oh well enough for a mince pie or two. Sorry you have picked up a cold! 😕 do hope Sue doesn't get it. Happy Birthday dear Pepper 😘🐾🦴 xx Get well soon hope you have not too bad a night xx

Hi bosh, oh dear the vampire blood nurse didn't take a very long holiday break did they, fancy swooping on you and your poor mum in the same day 🙄 hope all went well and everything comes back satisfactorily. No cake left, oh dear 😔 never mind I have brownies a-plenty and some xmas chocs so that's probably quite enough of that sort of thing. I had a quiet xmas thanks I never made that much of a thing about it even in the 'old days' not bothered about the food & excess shopping side but I do miss at least doing what I used to, a bit more hobnobbing and the odd coffee out and bit of festive shopping (thank you, arthritis plus covid risk 🙄). Ooh I would have loved a toy till, in fact I had a tin box that was a bit like one of those cash boxes you'd have in offices for petty cash etc, that had a key but a till would have been great fun. Yes £4 for cheese, well it's on the steep side 😂 but it's not far off tbh prices are going that way unfortunately 🧀. I love 'Smart-Pose' 😂 , perfect! Hope HV not rumbling too much🤞and that you have an ok night :) xx

Hi keef, what's with the rib pain & the loss of appetite 🤔 hope you have a better day tomorrow I know you wouldn't want an off day when you have guitar plans etc but probably have to allow for the last few days' fallout and the cold 😕 stuff catches up with there's somehow no getting round it, blah. So pleased for you & your mum that it is a good home, I think it's very much a matter of where any individual place falls on the spectrum the stereotype may be a bit laid on a bit broad brush at times but unfortunately some places very much deserve it (from experience). Hope your mum is doing as well as possible now she's back at Colchester and hope family ok today too :) xx

Love to everyone 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi toady

glad that the weather was slightly less filthy than predicted anyway

i didn’t have a very pleasant walk back from the doctors even though it’s a walk I usually enjoy

lots of small branches moss muddy grass and general mess on the ground near one of the main docs surgery entrances, a bit of a potential death trap as it were really, one of those accursed branches did cause me to stumble, but thankfully I didn’t fall and come a cropper, so to speak.

no vampire nurse but one of the older more experienced and lovely professional nurses thank goodness👍

she even did my blood test early!

quite considerably early in fact, I hope it’s ok because lithium blood test is time sensitive, well I think she only did it about 10 mins before med - related time, so hopefully it’ll be ok

my mums b test went ok thanks, hospital phlebotomists are never vampires 🧛‍♀️

thank goodness lol, she’s stressing out about results

but that’s only natural of course

there was some choc cake around at some point yesterday toady but unfortunately in your nocturnal manner you seemed to have missed the boat lol

Yes arthritis is definitely a nuisance to put it mildly sometimes, after a walk I half lie down on the sofa just to take the pressure off my foot, which I never had to do before, not the worst problem in the world I know, but I do find it irritating, yes covid issues are a pain no doubt, but at least you seem to be doing well with your mental health in a difficult situation, so I think that’s really good 👍

LA turned his nose up at his mummy’s homemade quiche saying that there’s nothing quite as tasty and sophisticated as a ham and cheese sandwich - oh dear.

I’m making myself hungry now, never a good idea at 9.30 pm lol

oh yes I need to mention that LA has a new toy a GIANT mechanical tarantula toy -

it’s terrifying toady !

(sorry for caps)

on that gothic note I will conclude

otherwise I may feel like a fly in the web, or a certain type of nurse whose fangs may suddenly protrude

good night toady Keef and everyone xx

ps a Buddhist prayer wheel in a temple in Nepal xx

• frogmorton
    edited 28. Dec 2023, 06:10

Morning everyone

it's windy but not actually raining for once!

Morning Joan oh no😕 must be a computer virus if you caught it from Keef🤭 Serioulsy do take care this one seems quite nasty. We love Vera too such good stories I agree and it's up near where my friend's caravan is so I know the areas. Take care and keep warm ((())) xxx

For Pepper who cannot possibly be 10!

Morning Reshmi How are you? Much patience needed no doubt, while your dear Mum waits for her blood results. I hope they are much better🤞

You yourself had a nice blood-letter? Wow that's great I am expecting mine on the 3rd when I see the Dr about my furring arteries🙄 cholesterol is 4.6 I think ok, but not for someone who has furred arteries.

There were loads of bits of branches and stuff on the ground yes! Glad you didn't actually fall over well done proper trip hazards they are.

I'm sure your sister's home-made quiche was lovely even if it was not appreciated by a certain young nephew. Hopefully BR appreciated it?

I don't think you can guarantee that BIL will not eat your sister's chocolate you know this year in spite of your kind gift. Chances are his hand will still be straight in there. Sorry about that. Maybe these might help for a while?

Who on earth gave LA a giant sp*der toy?😣

LA's behaviour has been copied from Lorenzo and should be 'unlearned' in time and with better friends. Poor BR though good job you rescued him.

My girls had a cash register too when they were little - it was such fun I used to set up a whole supermarket in the kitchen for them and their cousins to shop in. Kept old egg boxes etc. Happy days. Sounds as though BR's shop is a bit pricey not quite Fortnum and Mason end of the spectrum, but a tad close!!!! 'Bought them for Jason?'

Sorry better calm down now Toni!

Take care have a good day ((())) xxx

Morning Keef

How is the migraine? I hope good enough for you to enjoy some guitar playing today at least.

Hasn't your Mum done incredibly well? Wow I expect she's in a really good home who can look after her post her pacemaker fitting. You must be so relieved. You'll be able to visit soon ad could even wear a mask for extra protection. Belt and braces you know.

Glad you liked your Mug😊I did too I have a pink Figaro one myself.

If your appetite is gone just keep drinking ((()))

Morning Toad

How are you? Not too well I hope or else you may suddenly be inundated with unsolicited callers😮 What a fine line we tread🙄

I'm glad there was only one small parcel to pack up at least.

Oh Sleek! Did she really come over in her PJs!!! Seriously I am not at all surprised she loves them. I prised them off of her yesterday so she is wearing her onesie today also very cute. I think she may already be there? I hope she arrives safely it is so windy still. She's bringing one of my boxes of 'Motel bricolage' chocolates with her. I have far too many for someone with furred arteries.

Cholesterol and bs I tested today to ensure I am on target. 4.6 and 4.9 respectively. Dr should be happy probably won't be. If you eat this box I can have one chocolate per day out of the others and will finish them before they go out of date in march. Thanks.

Men are tricky to buy for especially ones who are dieting. Poor Paul. I got him a T shirt saying 'Just one more car'. Keef needs one saying 'Just one more guitar' don't you think?

Windy out there ATM but dry.

Hope your day is good

Coffee?

Oooh we need these....

• bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

ps morning cake - breakfast a la Bill lol xx

• Skinny Keef

Ended up at A&E this morning. I not well ☹️

turn out I have bladder infection. Never knew it could make you feel so rough. Thought I was dying.

gotta say the staff at hospital were AMAZING. no waiting around. Straight in for ecg (i had chest pain) and then straight in to see doc. Fantastic service. I thought I was gonna be there all day but on way home now with drugs.

hopefully feel better in a day or so.

• Skinny Keef

Hey Toni, nice mug. They said loss of appetite was normal for this condition.

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) How are you. Love to your carers (())

Toady (()) that’s good selling a small parcel enough money for some more mince pie’s. Have a good day. We have sun here.

Barbara (()) and Mr B (()) have a good day. Love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) I take Statins for Cholesterol. I just phoned the pharmacist to ask if I could take paracetamol for my cold and feeling no energy. I don’t take anything because of the Tramadol. She said I could take 8 a day. We had a cash register when we were small our Aunt worked in a shop she brought us the labels from things for us to use. Children those days played with anything. Not like today’s Children. Yes Sue watched Call the midwife they are good stories. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) you go careful I hope you and your mum’s blood test is ok. Love to your mum (())

Keef (()) have a good day love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

How are you all?

mums ok today thanks

methotrexate Thursday for me 🤢

im ok thanks

BR tried to sell me a cheese sandwich

but 2 issues

firstly it cost about £10

secondly it may have looked like pic below lol

will post again later bye everyone tc xx

• toady
    edited 28. Dec 2023, 17:18

Hi all 👋

Windy but not rainy you say frog, not here it's not 🙄 howling all night, in between chucking it down, and kept it up the same all day pretty much. The wind nearly drove me demented last night, if the weather doesn't pack it in soon I'll never make it to Spring never mind that it probably won't be much better then anyway, Spring not being wot it used to. Grr. (At least my roof has not been torn off by a tornado 😱 omg just imagine if you had just finished a lovely loft conversion or something, I mean, the horror!) Sleek had a rather grumpy me to contend with not having had much sleep 😾, but she helped me with my parcel and we made the best of it, the Motel bricolage choc helped a lot I have to say, oh and the alcoholic marmalade I had on my toast, any port (or whisky) in a storm when the weather is this grim 😂. Frog & Toad on a mug! 😀 I never thought about there being any F&T 'merch', well I never. A nice mug of tea in that and a piece of Reshmi's iced fruit cake and I might even crack a faint smile, just. Nice t-shirt gift for Paul 👍️ clever. Hope you are having a good day wind notwithstanding, Sleek should be back by now I put her in the nice 'catsi' as he will have her home in a trice, especially as he has 'tomtom' (of course 😄) so never ends up in the wrong village. The onesie is gorgeous too, love the sweet little ears on the hood 😄. Love to all 👋 and a better day tomorrow🤞do I put the bin out or will it just roll away overnight 🤔 hmm. xx

Hello joan, hope the paracetomol is helping 👍️ horrid to have tiredness along with the cold 😔. Hope Sue is ok so far. They showed some older type toys to children and they still liked simple ones like wooden puzzles & those little men which tumble down a ladder so maybe there's hope, we should all go back to things with no batteries etc. They were talking about plans for kerbside collections for small electricals toasters etc that would be brilliant 👍️ I know people are wasteful but I was still shocked that they estimated 500 tonnes of fairy lights get thrown away after xmas, that's ridiculous, when times are hard, who doesn't keep them for next year?! 🙄. Have a good Friday get well soon :) xx

Hi bosh, thanks for your nice post yesterday 😊 yes I suppose I'm coping not too badly all things considered, I think it helps that I was a sort of introvert always (in the proper sense of finding lots of people draining) and having been ill since quite young I didn't have a large complicated life to 'dismantle'. I think it must be tough for people who have got to give up a lot, job friends travel etc, whether it's more hard I don't know I suppose at least they've had a life before illness, but either way it's not what anyone would choose of course. I could make more effort to get out like you do, maybe if I feel the covid is a bit less of a risk 🤔 in any case I should walk more 😳. Sorry you had a hazard-strewn walk yesterday, we can't have you 'measuring your length' as well as the all the current cafe invalid list 😱 so glad you kept your balance. At least all the mechanical tarantulas should be indoors 😱😱 omg that's bad enough, what a frightful present, is it remote controlled? Hopefully short range so can't set off from MH to yours even if LA wanted it to 😄. Eek. Inflation has gone up sharply hasn't it if a cheese sandwich is £10 😬 luckily I can resist as my gastric oracle was not on my side last night, so the missed chocolate cake and homemade quiche isn't the disappointment it might be 🙄 hope the mxt is not mean to you and you have an ok evening/night. And hope your mum isn't tooo stressed. What a beautiful thing that Buddhist prayer wheel is, truly is 😍. See you anon :) xx

Keef gosh this is not your week 😱 glad that you know what you're dealing with anyway, that's always something, hope the meds work v quickly and clear up most/all current symptoms so that it's very clear cut what was what 👍️. Kettle on hope you feel better soon :) xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

Taranatula - free I take it? Lol, that naughty little LA, but more on that in a moment

thanks about my mum

I did have a nice blood - letter indeed thanks

you know when I read that I was quite tired and it took me a while to understand it, I was thinking, “ what’s a blood - letter? The letter B? No that’s too obvious” and so on 😂

I hope your blood test results and doc’s appointment go well on the 3rd 🤗

Yes annoying about branches etc, thanks yes lucky i didn’t fall

but my gps are forever making silly improvements like changing the colour of the wallpaper in the waiting room but they couldn’t afford to clear the path a little bit it seemed, anyway I won’t go on grumbling about this too much in case I turn into a toady only joking 😂

Yes the quiche looked lovely thanks, although personally my quiche - eating days are well behind me, my stomach can only take so much lol, yes BR loved it and had “seconds” bless him he’s not a fussy eater and recently he said to my mum, “ I sleep through the night now, I am good” , he was always good that innocent little brother aww.

I think you’re right about Bill and his irrepressible sweet tooth, that looks like a great breakfast for him 😂

just don’t tell GI Joe the physio of course 🤐

It turned out LA’s parents gave him the sp*der, I think he just badgered them about it for so long, they bought it and conceded defeat haha

it really is a hideous thing Toni

LA knows I’m not a sp*der fan (well I don’t know many people who are really lol) and he put this huge hideous thing on top of my knee where it proceeded to wriggle around in a most disconcerting manner, it even had red lights in its eyes and mouth, maybe LA is starting his method acting practice for his upcoming role as Dr Who? The only issue there is that the Dr never allowed dubious arachnids to attack their mimas- oh dear indeed.

Thanks about LA, yes hopefully he will change his behaviour with better friends

yes poor little BR

“Bought them for Jason” that’s a great one lol

I’m ok thanks post mxt - just a little tired

The pretend supermarket sounds great, BR also likes shopping, he goes around with a Brains - berry’s bag (if I may quote you please 🙏) buying all sorts of things, but the main emphasis is cheese apparently lol, I hope he has a cast iron tummy bless him.

Ok I’ll leave it there for now Toni bye and tc xx

ps 2 pics today, yourself and a pal on a summer’s day and cheese lava rolls! Did my dad come up with that worrying savoury baked item I wonder? If they have a gooey cabbage- flavoured centre, I’m guessing yes lol xx

• bosh

Hi Joan

how are you both this evening?

mum is ok at the moment thanks 🙏

im not too bad thanks, yes I’ll be careful 👍

I think you’re right about kids being fussy these days

LA only like’s certain types of toys like Lego

mind you poor innocent BR was playing with a shopping bag , but he’s the younger one

have a nice evening tc xx

ps broccoli cake lol xx