Comments

• bosh
    bosh Member Posts: 4,712
    edited 2. Jan 2024, 08:09

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 9,095

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to you and your carers (())

Toady (()) No I have not seen any foxes I think the babies have all gone they were born under a neighbour’s shed. Have a good day. We have rain all week.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) good luck tomorrow don’t worry (()) I haven’t had any side effects from my tablets I don’t read the leaflets a doctor said it’s best not to read them. Our friend does she’s always saying I will have different things wrong. I got mixed up it was our uncle I played games with nt my cousin. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) have a good day love to your mum (()) take care

Keef (()) how are you. Love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi toady

how are you?

I just wanted to quickly say I liked the rsvp’d joke 👍

also you’re right the young “marriage mourners” would indeed indicate whether or not little LA has tied the knot, or while he still boils £10 cheese sandwiches in a bachelor’s pot ( I won’t mention soup or brand names 😇)

Stat indoors if possible toady weather looks most ookey😱

bye for now tc xx

ps cobweb cake for you xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you this afternoon?

mum is ok thanks 🙏

I am ok considering this lovely storm we’re all enduring

I haven’t gone outside today, how about you?

We’re not going to the meal

BR’s birthday is on Saturday- he’ll be 3 years old - practically of marriageable age! Lol.

It wasn’t a great morning with the storm and the Heating Vesuvius

LLF is odd no doubt she went on a holiday to Spain apparently, but it’s not at the end of the world really is it? Not like she couldn’t pick up the phone, she can also be quite intimidating but after the mental health blip I’m just not bothering about negative people any more, just being bland and polite with a Cheshire Cat smile.

please eat the cakes but I have to cut down on eating cakes somehow

this will have to be an instalment I’m afraid

otherwise there may be bathroom massacre with conditioner bottles meeting an untimely end

oh yes I should also book a HD appointment-before which I’ll bathe my hair in soya milk laced with hot sauce, or maybe not lol 🌶️🌶️

bye for now Toni tc xx

Ps not anyone’s birthday cake, just a spooky treat for you xx

• bosh

👋 Joan and Keef

how are you both - and Sue of course- doing today?

mum is ok thanks

im ok too thanks

BR is getting a cuddly Dino from granny

LA may declare the next world war 😱

bye for now tc xx

ps more gothic cake 🎂

• toady
    toady Member Posts: 2,364
    edited 2. Jan 2024, 19:31

Hello all 👋

Right, New Year's resolution that should've begun yesterday, crisper more coherent posts (poor long-suffering mods..) let's see how well I do 😬. Yes, rain & wind frog BUT we are moving into a dry spell.. are we.. please yes 😧. Good work keeping the bike ticking over Sleek 😊 we have been starting on the tidy-up, no I don't really want to either, but I do want it done. Junk mail, shredding, general tidying, plenty of teabreaks. Can your decs come down? 🤔 isn't it 12th night (5th or 6th) you are a little previous but no law I guess 😄. Mine will be staying because they are mostly things like jamjar lights & lamps so who's to say if they are xmas or not. Good luck for the appt, & no backchat from any sourpuss members of the medical profession I hope 🤨 love to all, and all cats, dear Winnie I'm sure she was pleased to see you 😺 :) xx p.s. I will be consulting my seed book this week 🌱.

Hello Joan, hope not too windy & rainy for you, Storm Henk, first of the New Year, didn't hang about did it 🙄. Chilly with it but the rain should let up a bit now fingers crossed 🤞. Hope the foxes are all alright in their new territories. Love to you & Sue :) xx

Hi bosh, the meal didn't happen I see, shame for your mum - maybe for you it is one of those 'good thing bad thing who knows' things as far as food is concerned. Glad your day was ok & your mum's apart from that. I did stay indoors yes 👍️ maybe will get a walk in if it dries up now, if I don't get any sunlight soon I will be paler than a certain sort of nurse (not that there is any sunlight to be had 😕). Glad little BR is getting some nice things for birthday after his nasty time. Yes certain other littleys may be less keen that there are extracurricular presents around (wrong word), hope peace can be kept. Love the web cake, not so much what is in those dark corners.. 😬 but I might brave them to get a piece it's very tempting. Here's a thought, where do spider brides/bridegrooms wear their wedding rings? 🤔 Hope all's well for group assuming they are starting this soon into New Year. Have a good day in any case and a good night :) xx

Love to keef hope all's well 👋 xx

have a good night all 😘 xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

I forgot to say that I agree with you, banning Mind Control, sorry Paw Patrol haha, until after supper may have unforeseen worldwide disastrous repercussions, a terrifying spider toy being angrily placed on the knees of each VC member, now I know that will do our collective joints no good whatsoever, it wouldn’t be a therapeutic massage, more like something to freeze and calcify our bones with a chilling fear, no I dare not invoke the wrath of the young aristocrat, I would rather take my chances with a hair cut from sweeney toady and her ever present vampire bat lol

ok bye for now Toni tc xx

• bosh

Hi toady

glad you stayed in

Sorry I only noticed one of our little foes in the corner when it was too late, for some reason I’m very seldom able to delete pics on here now, I’m not sure why - I’ll leave it to the furry cuddly T Rexs to resolve that I.T. Issue - “Intra T - Rex” issue perhaps?

It’ll go for now toady, is it night already?

oh no it’s 7.41 pm lol, you scared me there haha, too much Dr Who listening maybe? Only joking

have a nice evening tc xx

a nice dinner time related pic 😂 xx

• bosh

Hi all

not sure how much time I’ll have tomorrow morning so just saying hi in advance

hi Toni

How are you?

I just wanted to say the LA told granny he was learning about the Great Fire Of London- this was the disaster- apparently- where all the cheese was burning!

I must have lost so much weight by laughing even GI Joe would be satisfied lol

bye for now tc xx

• frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,793

Morning everyone😊

Sleek under the tree.....will be taking it down very soon.

Morning Joan thank you so much for the reassurance I don't feel at all worried now if I have to go on statins. Probably wise to just hang on to the leaflet in case there's a problem, but not to worry otherwise? The Dr I am seeing isn't actually very nice to be honest let's hope she is nicer than usual today fingers crossed. I am expecting to have my bloods taken probably too. Take care both of you ((())) xxx

Morning Keef I hope all is well with you all? Loanda and Sucré as well as your Mum and yourself.

We are missing our Skinny Keef!

Leaving you a coffee in case you pop in today:

Morning Reshmi how are you today? Your Mum too I hope all is well with her.

Wasn't the weather dreadful yesterday? 🙄I managed a walk very early before it started today i will not have time I have the Drs at 8. I can imagine the weather encouraging your Mum to turn the heating up more😣

I am unconvinced about LLF she sounds a flaky friend. Not necessarily a bad person, but one who comes and goes. You are right to probably plaster on that smile and be nice of course.

Love the spider's web cake so pretty.

Now I really do not want one of LA's mechanical sp***rs on my knee please😮 I would probably do myself an injury trying to jump up to get away! Poor Mima being tortured by the tiny terror.

Hang on a minute! BR is going to be 3?😯 BR!?! no he is a baby boy! They do grow up far far too fast don't they?

The cat masquerading as a 🐧pic I loved it! The witchy cake was rather impressive too. Ok I'll eat the cakes for you, but i must watch my cholesterol. I am seeing the slightly unpleasant Dr this morning. I am pretty sure she doesn't like me very much.

Laughing is so good for us LA really is a very very entertaining person isn't he? Thank him please for the history lesson about the great fire of London. 1666 the Great Cheese massacre. I understand now.

Right better get on I have lots to do today foodbank this morning hopefully new bed arriving this afternoon.

Take care ((()))

Morning Toady

How are you doing? Did you say soem drier weather is looming? I do hope so.

I would leave my decs up in your shoes only definite Christmas decs must come down by 12th night. It's just so much tidier without them isn't it? My friend might come and help me, not the widowed one another one, who used to help me turn my mattress etc.

After today I will manage on my own as the new bed(s) will be here. They (it) are two large single adjustable ones. They fit together like a superking, but each mattress is individual. Hopefully they will make life easier breathing wise as I can be slightly up now. Paul can sit right up too to watch TV in bed. You still share a top sheet and duvet, but each has their own mattress and bottom sheet.

Sleek is going to be happy she likes a new sleeping place bless her. BUT not 'men' delivering things so will not come home until it's all done this afternoon. Still too wet for the motorbike so another catsi is booked for today.

Right I'd better get on.

Take care!

egg is optional I am having more of Toady's marmalade...

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) All the best to you and your carers.

Toady (()) I read we are all having snow from the 7’th of January. Have a good day. I hope you don’t have too many problems this week.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) and your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) your beds are just right for you. Have a good day. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) I hope you get the hairdresser you want. Love to your mum (())

Keef (()) have a good day love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

take care
    joan xx
  • Skinny Keef
    Skinny Keef Member Posts: 1,138

Hi, just a quick hello to all.

care home got letter from NHS. They knew 6 months ago about heart block, and the letter i saw today said about no treatment planned and to prepare end of life care, saying mum was bed bound, which she isn’t, and even though we were only told 2 weeks ago that she doesn’t have dementia it is just age related deterioration she actually does have dementia, Alzheimer’s and vascular and if it hadn’t have been for the staff intervention on Christmas Day she would’ve died of cardiac arrest. Care home staff not happy that we’re only now being told about heart condition,6 months after diagnosis. Crossed wires somewhere maybe, and after I was singing their praises recently too.

quite a stressful visit today on top of an already very bad head.

• bosh

Hi Toni

how are you?

yes terrible weather yesterday indeed

I’m tired but ok thanks

mums bs is ok 👍

went to group

LA also said the cheese was drowned by the wine lol

yes I thought BR was only 2 and a half lol

v tired

bye for now tc xx

• toady

Keef 😣 talk about speak too soon, so sorry about your situation with your mum & the NHS and angry too 😠 that's not good enough at all. Hope you can get someone to shed light on why they haven't kept you properly informed. No wonder the care home are cross and not to mention the poor form sending a letter to them with anything in it over & above what you are aware of yourself. All the best thinking of you xx

Hi to everyone else will be in tomorrow, have to finish wrestling with an unexpected parcel - Sleek gave me a hand/paw before she had to go but it's been a right pain, six paws would have been handy never mind four between us 🙀. Going to just get that finished and have an early night as it's milkman at whatever time he rolls up and then up again for postie - have a good night all (hopefully a very good comfortable night frog 🛌), love to joan & sue, bosh, and anyone passing & if someone should feel like putting the kettle on don't let me stop you 😘 xx

• bosh

Very sorry Toni and toady and Joan

very much cream crackered

but I’ve made notes

normal service will be resumed tomorrow hopefully

👋 Keef , very sorry to hear about your mum, must be a very frustrating situation

Toni I have to have mxt a few hours earlier than usual tomorrow 😱😱

and RR was so funny too let’s just say he said he had a nice vegan breakfast of fried eggs and chips - at 6 am!!

I feel queasy just thing about it, silly RR

mums ok

good night all tc xx

• frogmorton

Morning Everyone

Morning Joan how are you and Sue? 10 years ago today Lucy was diagnosed with Leukaemia. Can you believe it? Our new bed is very comfy. Haven't tried sitting up yet at all will get used to it first. The Dr was actually nice and is doing bloods but did suggest statins. Blood Tuesday apt to discuss the following Wednesday. Thanks for thinking about me ((())) xxx

Morning Keef well that is not great.

On the positive side you know your Mum is doing really well. The care staff are obviously fabulous and on teh ball to have responded to the event so brilliantly so you can trust them at least.

As you say her mental health seems to be ok for now at least so I'd just go with it and enjoy her while you've got her. I am very glad to hear she is not 'bed-bound' (interesting expression!).

Whatever she is doing she should keep on doing it.

Hope your head has eased and everyone else is doing well Loanda and Sucré😊

Take care ((()))

Morning Reshmi

How are you? You Mum too of course? Hope you're ok post MTX.

Love that photo🤣 honestly I think even we would go faster if chased by a bear. Probably not so ELB she would be fine on her elephant.

Well done getting out and going to the group yesterday. I see RR was there that's good. I was hoping for some more new dietary tips from him. Now I know eggs are vegan!!! Seriously I hope everyone who normally goes is doing ok?

The weather was quite a bit better. I had a nice Dr - well one that wasn't nice being nice? That's well.....nice!!! Makes a pleasant change. Will see her again after bloods to work out what we should do about the furred arteries.

LA knows rather a lot about cheese and wine for a littley😁 Surely BR was actually on two this time not three? Bless him. He is still a sweet natured little one. Will there be a family gathering this weekend?

Have a good day if you can ((())) xxx

Morning Toady

It didn't rain so much yesterday here. Good job as everywhere is still flooded. How about you?

Sleek reckoned she used two paws and one tail and you used two paws, but the parcel got done😊 She is coming over in yet another catsi and is going to deal with teh milkman so you can have a lie-in.

I am thinking about maybe the milkman I believe some do oat milk. Is it organic oats though as pesticides on oats are really really bad according to Prof Tim Spectre. I value his opinion quite highly.

Dr was nice yesterday happy with everything I am doing so is doing bloods and we will discuss what to do - probably statins - on 17th. Bloods Tuesday.

Hope postie is nice and prompt for your parcel.

Our new bed is so far comfy☺️

Take care

• bosh

Good morning everyone wppl xx

• dachshund

Good morning everyone

Kitty (()) love to you and your carers.

Toady (()) yes sellotape is very sticky very maddening when it sticks to its self. Have a good day.

Barbara (()) love to you and Mr B (()) love to your son (()) and Niamh (()) and your niece (()) and her fiancé (())

Toni (()) That’s good every went well at the Doctor’s. That 10 years was the worst time of your life and Lucy’s (()). Good luck to her after all that she was lucky (()) have you read we have snow coming. That’s good you had a good night I was thinking if you had a row in the night you would be separating the beds. Love to Paul (()) and Charley (()) and Annie (()) and Lucy (()) and Tia (()) and Kari (()) and your friend (()) and your lovely neighbours (())

Reshmi (()) love to you and your mum (()) she is doing very well.

Keef (()) That is terrible I would complain the care home know more about her they are with her all the time (()) sorry you have so much pain (()) love to Sucr’e (()) and Loanda (())

take care
    joan xx
  • bosh

Hi Toni Joan toady Skinny Keef

how are you all?

Joan I can’t choose the specific HD unfortunately but he’s not too bad ultimately 🙏

mum is ok now 👍

RR said he was vegan but has breakfast eggs lol

so he’s a part time vegan, really just has vegan lunch

and later has real bacon in his packets of M*nster M*nch lol

J said I should teach LA all the names of posh cheeses like Brie Gorgonzola

i almost said he’s a bit young really, next you’ll say I should get him to read Emile Zola lol

im ok thanks but need to do the mxt in less than 30 mins ideally

so bye for now all tc xx

• bosh

Hi Toni

How are you this afternoon?

im in post mxt mode now so feeling a bit yucky 🤢

mum had an almost hypo in very early morning unfortunately

but at least not a full one but it’s still scary of course

sorry I’m not writing in detail I’m not very energetic

BDT or “Bernadette” wasn’t present but I went much earlier than usual so no worries there

i manage to summon up energy to go early as I managed to sneakily control the heating before mum woke up😂

unfortunately that doesn’t happen every day

nice M was there she saw her 17 year old son during Christmas but wasn’t allowed to see her other kids - bless her

How was your docs appointment?

sorry i forgot about it before, do you need to have statins?

we’re going to Slough on Saturday by the way, to the soft play area - or slug as LA says - send me your cabbages!

sorry still feeling a bit ookey

hopefully another instalment later

bye for now Toni tc xx

ps onion dispenser in case you’re feeling peckish lol xx

• Skinny Keef

Afternoon everyone. Got today and tomorrow on my own. Can’t seem to get motivated today. I blame the weather. It is so cold here today.

Sucré and Loanda gone for haircuts today. Under strict instructions not too short for the little man. He came back looking like a choir boy last time rather than a rock star and I got really upset. I like his long blonde hair all scruffy and rock star like.

been doing some tunes in bunker but I copped a headbutt on the chin on Tuesday evening and I felt my neck crack and the pain was instant. Then migraine yesterday which I managed to get over but neck still bad so haven’t done much. He gets a bit over excited when he is tired and I’m sure he didn’t mean to hurt me, he has certainly apologised enough and hasn’t really left my side since. Falling asleep typing this so going for late siesta. Hopefully pain will be less when I’ve had a rest.

wppl

• toady

Hi all 👋

Rain yesterday, a bit, but none today frog 😊 & none in the offing, to speak of. Just as well; after that constant soaking I couldn't open my front door last night, the timber sticks 🙄 which meant going out the side gate to shove the door open from outside. Then I couldn't shut the gate again, for the same reason.. 😄 all sorted today but no fun in the dark 🌘. Anyway thank Sleek enormously for dealing with the milkman (I hope yours does stock some useful stuff); it meant I only had to put out parcel, get cup of tea, back to bed 👍️. It was rather over & above, expecting her to add her tail into the parcel packing effort 😄 I shall only ask again if in extremis. As it happens today I made a quite nice sale, & a very easy packing job, so we knocked that off in a trice, high-fived, then polished off the last of your chocs thank you. V glad the bed is comfy 😊 and you got on ok at the docs, thus far. It is not 10 years since Lucy's diagnosis 😮 no possible. Oh gosh what an anniversary for you. Have a good evening, and anything you are doing tomorrow :) xx

Hello joan, yes I get the sellotape stuck to itself at least once every time, and lose the end 🙄 I have a dispenser for the little stuff but use the wide too and don't have one for that. I have some brown papery sticky tape I'm trying to cut down plastic but this one isn't that good, will have to try another sort. We had some brightness here today 😊 I never thought I'd say I don't mind the cold and snow but it is now the lesser of two evils than the rain and wind. Have a good day tomorrow if you go to town, love to both :) xx

Hi to bosh, glad group was mostly ok yesterday at least it was dry I expect. Sneakily 'fixing' the thermostat, oh nice one 😄 glad it helped. Sorry mxt is in the driving seat at the moment hope it gets out at the next stop 👍️ & you can have a rest too. Especially if it's 'slug' on Sat. Not much news from me just happy it's dried up maybe I'll get outdoors sometime. I like Gorgonzola/Emile Zola 😂 who knew about the Great Cheese Fire of London, what a good job enough 'survived' so that now the population has more or less recovered 😄 . Otherwise cheese & onion crisps would just be onion crisps, not much good to those of us who don't get on with onions is it. I do like the ones in the machine though, I love those 'cranes' in arcades even if they are a waste of money, good fun, I think I had a father christmas out of one once haha. By the way talking of things not agreeing, I seem to think I had the same experience as you with one of those healthy snack balls, such a shame.. one has this attractive image of people eating such things leading a good lifestyle doing yoga etc, doesn't work out like that does it 🙄. Have a good evening as poss :) xx

Love to keef hope things not too bad with you after rather a bombshell yesterday 😔 hope news of your mum is stable & family all well xx

Love to all 😘 xx

• Skinny Keef

Thanks Toady 😊

• bosh

Good night everyone tc xx

ps new bed for toady lol xx

• frogmorton

Morning!

I forgot to post a pic of Sleek trying out the new bed before I had even finished making it!

Morning Joan oh yes that was a pretty dreadful time. I am thinking of the people in the hospital now going through what we did. How terrifying it all was. Luckily apart from the epilepsy (well the hip surgery and shoulder replacement too) Lucy is actually doing really well. We are very very lucky indeed. Good thinking I can unclip the bed and spin Paul's into the hall if he annoys me🤣 Take care both of you ((())) xxx

Morning Skinny Keef how did you change your name 'officially'? I love it ☺️

Poor little Sucré bopping you and hurting you he must feel awful. It's his age and him being so bouncy isn't it? Bless him. Hope the migraine has eased off today.

I hope his haircut was suitably tidy, but rockstar? Cuteness in the extreme. I expect Loanda looks lovely though she can do whatever she likes with hers can't she? I bet it's cool though?

Glad you managed to get in teh bunker and play some 🎶 yesterday I hope you can do more today.

Take care Skinny☺️

Morning Reshmi

Sorry to hear mum had a bit of a hypo yesterday that's not good. What about you? Are you ok after your MTX yesterday?

So far the Dr wants me to have bloods then we'll see about statins my cholesterol is 4.6 which is fine, but not if there's the potential for strokes/heart attacks due to furring so needs to get under 4. Probably will have to be statins though. I don't think I mind really both my parents died young due to heart attacks and I do not want that for myself.

Hey I like the thermostat trick you pulled yesterday I hope you were as successful today.

You were sensible to get to group early. Even if you might miss the odd person. Good to catch up and lovely to hear nice M saw her 17 year old lad hopefully she will see the others in future 🤞

Erm.... I think LA can learn the different cheeses as he grows up and actually tries them😁It will happen naturally gosh he is only a little boy I agree with you!

Slough? Well that's all very well, but really not nearly as salubrious as MH will everyone be ok slumming it like that? Still if that's where Slug is maybe it will be ok.😉 Cabbages en route!! Love the onion dispenser BTW I could do with one I use them almost every day.

Take care Reshmi ((()))

Morning Toady

That bed Reshmi left is fabulous Sleek and you will be lying in there eating biccies all day! After a k high five!

Yes it was dry here although the repercussions from all the rain lingered here. Lucy wanted a maccies (not for me no thanks) so I had to try to get through the carpark which was flooded again. Also another road is technically impassable (I got through in spite of the 'road closed' sign - hah!) so ways through are getting quite tricky. Some dry bright weather would be good.

Sleek did tell me about your door and gate. It's like mine which swells in the heat. She is quite nifty with her hip though isn't she? A quick sharp flick and most doors give in for her.

Yes 10 years ago Toad 10 whole years. How lucky are we? I know she has some lingering issues, but gosh how much worse was it for others. I can't bear to think of those people in there now. This forum, these members were so so so wonderful to me.

Right off that subject no need for that. It's all good.

Meeting Kari for a walk in a bit. Take care

Sleek has made up a tray