When life isn't so easy ........

Options
Wonkylegs
Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
edited 5. Mar 2011, 03:21 in Living with Arthritis archive
HI All

I know I have not been posting much for quite a while, keeping to myself, but life sometimes isn't so easy with arthur in tow is it?

I have been reading a lot of posts, but didn't want to drag others down when I was feeling low.

I just wanted to ask one thing for now .......

why do some medical professionals seem to think that all our problems can be solved by simply 'viewing the glass as half full' :shock: :x :x

if that was easy I'd have done it a long time ago!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

so, whilst at the moment the glass I hold may be indeed half full, perhaps I need to change the jagged rocks and slippery ice which it currently holds :wink: :roll: :lol::lol::lol:

RIght - will try to be on here a little more, but can't promise to be a fountain of cheer all the time :oops:

hugs
WOnky xxx

Comments

• dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    The medical professionals think that 'cos they ain't got what we got and they don't live with what we do. I am sorry you are not feeling too bright at the moment, wonky, I wondered if that was the case as I hadn't seen you around. You know what I am going to say, don't you? Yup, it will pass, all things do, but as to WHEN it will pass, well, who knows? You know where we are if you need us: you give so much support to others, like skezier and dorcas, let us return the compliment, please. Ideally the forum should be a two-way thing, yes? We all help each other when we can, and let others help us when we can't. Take care. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • speedalong
    speedalong Member Posts: 3,315
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

sorry you are having a tough time at the mo. I think they do the half full thing because they really have no idea what it is like (as DD says) and also because they don't know what else to say. It isn't at all helpful is it. Take care and moan whenever you like!

Speedy
    I have had OA since mid twenties. It affects my hips and knees. I had a THR on the left aged 30 and now have a resurface-replacement on the right - done May 2010.
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    wonky

im sorry you are feeling so low, arther is a cruel so and so and can realy drag you down, im glad you have posted, we can help top up that flipping glass the medical whatsits keep going on about, me personally id prefer a half empty bucket to a half empty glass but thats nhs cut backs i supose. leaving you a massive hug for when you pop back in.
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Wonky :grin:

It is good to see you and you have put this so well. Just wanted to call in a leave some rock remover and ice breakers for that flippin glass!! I hope the few words of comfort and hugs we can send here will help a little.
    Call in, if and when you feel like it, but know you are not forgotten.
    take care (((( ))))
    love
    Chris xx
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    hi hope your feeling better today.

I know exactly how your feel - unfortunately i am a glass half empty person always have been - dont get me wrong I'm quite a jolly person (honestly) but its hard to see the positive in everything when your body is hurting all the time. I love the fact that I can have a chat to everybody here and they dont mind if I moan or complain they just understand.

take care

Katie x
  • blushy
    blushy Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

I am pretty new on here but I hear what you are saying, I have felt low with my arthritis, and my mum has it too and I never quite understood the pain and difficulties she was having until I was diagnosed myself with Arthur!!

Some days I feel real Grumpy and can't be asked mode......but then I think to myself, it's no one's fault B....it's just the luck of the draw!! Well I can tell you I get pretty p'd off that the draw was my turn...but then I would not want to wish this on anyone else either, hey ho as they say!

As for the doctors......sheesh....some are great and some are pretty arrogant thinking they know it all and won't listen to a simple word you are trying to tell them.......they think an injection here and there solves it all....wrong!!!!

Anyway Wonky, I guess what I am trying to say is....you are not alone.....come and chill on here....there are plenty to chat to on here, all in similar situations.

Try and keep smiling wonky........and on bad days......swear like hell he he only joking

Love Blushy xxxxxx
  • fayrose
    fayrose Member Posts: 241
    Options
    My dear old Wonky, I'm right beside you ... HUGE ((((hugs)))) xxxxxxxxxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

I am sorry your not feeling too good about things just now and the health people and their half glasses its all they can think to say cus they are out their depth and clueless really.

It also puts the onus back on us and away from them..... well its an idea i have at any rate :wink:

I hope that things will improve for you soon and sending a ((((( )))))) and he on his way cus he will just break the glass for you then it can't be half full or empty he said. Love Cris xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    thank you all so much :wink:

I am blessed many ways today with all your good wishes and your messages of support.

I'll think of you all as I contemplate the glass and it's contents .... many and varied as they now are :lol::lol::lol:

I particularly like the idea of breaking the glass :lol::lol::lol: but then where would that leave me :eek: :eek:

I'm off to my understanding GP tomorrow to see if I can have my MTX injection ...... it's borderline but hopeful, and I know she gets how I'm feeling so that helps.

:idea: Perhaps she could teach some of the others :wink:

thanks again and some wonky hugs back to you all ((((((((()))))))))

WOnky
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    hi wonky sorry you not feeling great but do not stay away you will not bring us down we would love to be able to return the suport you give to us
    t1333.gif
    we are here looking after you honest val
    val
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Wonks, sorry to hear that you have been down... I am not on the ball much at the minute :roll:
    We are indeed all here for ya....

Hope that you are feeling better about things soon, we've missed you posting.

Be well :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi, I just want to thank you for sharing. I am a pretty positive person, who quite often props up others, but occasionally finds it all too much herself. It is refreshing to hear that other 'copers' find it hard as well.

I hope that you find your own equilbrium back again soon.

((( hugs )))
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

he said he doesn't have a glass and he does just fine..... :lol::lol: He got side tracked but will break it as you sleep. Little legs said she would help cus she doesn't have a glass either does she? My Hops does and now a days hers are aways half empty but she getting old and well she is having trouble cus of the 3 legs and a bit of leg give way. she wont lend you the glass though... well she wont lend anything that one!

Hoping the nice doctor will be just that in the morning and leaving you a ((((( ))))) and agree with val you wont bring us down and just glad you have posted to say how you are. Cris and the newly named rabble.... xxx
  • Wonkylegs
    Options
    well you've all helped to put a small but definitely solid smile on my face tonight ( :eek: actually it's morning now :eek: :lol: )

thank you

I know what I need to do when I feel down, but knowing and doing seem to be totally different animals! A good friend reminded me that friends are there for those times, but I've got to ask them, or let them know they're needed. Obvious advice but so necessary :oops: :oops:

Right ..... must get going to bed, via a soak in the bath.

hope you all sleep well
    hugs
    WOnky
  • coco67
    coco67 Member Posts: 2,374
    Options
    i hope you enjoy your bath and manage some desent sleep wonky,
    (((()))) nite nite
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Knowing and doing are indeed very different beasts, and sometimes, when lost in the murk, it can be hard to remember that asking for help is perfectly OK. You know those wonderful candles in the final scenes of Harry Potter 1? They burn down and then are magically replaced by a tall, new candle? It's a bit like that here - we burn down, ask for a bit of help then up we go again. That's how I see it, anyway.

I hope you are burning a little brighter this morning wonky - and if not, don't fret, we're here. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Hope its a better day for you and he said he broke every glass cus he wasn't sure which one they were talking about...... have made him leave you some plastic beakers and they can never be called glasses......

Well so I get told if I dare use them with people here :lol:

Hope it goes well today and fingers crossed for you as well as a jolt from the pocket cus i in fall over mode again :roll:

Rain as ever here but hopefully you have some sun and a better day all round. Hugs, slurps and bounces Cris xxx
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    'morning Wonky

I hope that you feel more rested this morning. You cope very well and remember what your friends said, just ask. One or many more of us are always on here too, so do not forget that either. :wink::smile:

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    So sorry I missed this thread Wonky. I know it has been a difficult time for you. I hope you were able to have a quiet few days, remembering the good times, although I know that will never bring our loved ones back.

Much love
    Elizabeth x
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Wonky
    This is such a sore point with me at the minute...so I will say no more....just want to send you some gentle hugs (((((())))) and dont disappear again, we are always here to listen.
    Love
    Barbara xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi wonky
    Sorry I have also missed this thread......better get to spec savers...(not kidding really, been promising myself for atleast 6 months)
    Well my friend I do hope you are feeling much better today.
    Sending some positive vibes your way....hope they help.
    Take care
    Hugs ((((((()))))) juliepf x
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,446
    Options
    Oh Wonky

half-full or half-empty I for one am VERY glad to see you posting again!!

Missed you :smile:

Love

toni xx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Wonky

Like the others, I understand how it is. Having just managed to dig myself out of my black hole again, I know how easy it is to forget that you won't always feel as bad as you do at the moment.

I am thinking of you and really hope that your GP visit went well today.

Love Tilly xxx
  • psyart
    psyart Member Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi Wonky

I know how you feel and has made me feel that I am not the only one who feels the way you do at the moment :!:

I know I should ask for support on here ~ but cant at the moment ~ dont know why which makes it silly but :!: :!:

But I hope you are able to get through this ~ hugs and thinkin of you :!:

Louise xx
    e050.gifo050.gif
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Wonky,

Hope today was a much better day.

leaving tea and a ((((( ))))) and he has his very best duvet filled mouth full of slurps he keeps in his top drawer... your his best auntie and he will bounce and sort out all the medics.love and a bucket of make the health care people listen and see you as a human being draft. Cris xxx

Hi Louise,.

You got the support weather you ask or not maid and hope so much you will start to feel a lot better soon. ((((( ))))) Cris xxx