Pocket Duties for Iris (dorcus) ......

Options

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning Iris

Glad you are now home and that you have your sister to help.

Get well soon
    Juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Glad you are home......also glad your sister is there to help

Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi All,

She had a better night but the new one is still biting her ..... I have sent her a teething ring for him :wink:

I know she can't post and may not be able to look in but thank you all cus she does know your all here for her. Cris xx
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    who needs a pc when you have your very own pa , hope things soon settle into place for you Iris xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am thinking of you, gorgeous girl. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Iris,
    I am so glad you are home and with your lovely sister. Early days I know but with luck things will be improving soon for you. I hope that Wally '2' settles down but I know it will take time so please don’t try and post too soon.
    Gentle hugs,
    Lv, I
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hello Iris

I'm so pleased you are 'done and dusted' now and back home being looked after.

That's another op ticked off the list!!

Hoping that all goes well with your recovery..

Marion xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI Iris

well I am so glad that you are home, in your own comfy bed :grin: , and best of all being looked after by your lovely sister. I KNOW you won't be able to get up to any mischief for a while now :wink: and will be able to rest as much as you need to.

don't feel you need be in any hurry to post on here - just know that we're still all rooting for you, and will be thinking of you in the coming days too.

all our love (and more chocolate supplies from himself :wink: )
    Wonky xxxxx
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Iris

Glad you are home and I do hope things settle down quickly and the bonding process can begin. We do understand you can't post but hope at least you know we are thinking of you and wishing you well.
    Good your sis is there to help out for a while. Leaving some hugs and healing to our very special lady. (((( ))))
    love
    Chris xxx

Ps DD if you look in, yep I have a twin sis too, have had one all my life, funny that eh! :lol: I tell people I have been bullied all my life and nine months before that, but she really is my very bestest friend when the chips are down. :grin:
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I knew about your sister but hadn't realised she's a twister!

Morning dorcas, I hope all is well today and that you are getting plenty of good-quality sleep and rest. Please send my regards to your twister - DD says thank you for looking after our lovely girl!
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi,

Iris had a rough nigh and is hopefully resting while she can..... she better be anyway :wink: With a bit of luck the ga will work its way out and she will stop feeling/being sick and the pain will reduce soon. Tisn't fair is it? One of the best folks on the forum and it seems the bone stuff just doesn't give her much of a break.

You all take care. Cris xx

Iris if you look in you shouldn't be :lol: but leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a hope with pink ribbons xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    All these twinnies!

Chris7 and Joan dachs and Iris too....wow!

Just checking in to see if all is well. Hoping you are in less pain and more comfortable and back up Wonky - you post on here when you are able we just want you to know we care.

Love

toni xx
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Iris sorry i missed this one :oops: must get new glasses.

i hope you aree gettin on ok and the ga is packing it's bags and getting out quickly.

Tracey
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning dorcas, I hope you are feeling a little more like yourself today and that all is well in the twister household. I am thinking of you both. DD
  • dorcas
    dorcas Member Posts: 3,516
    Options
    Hello and a very big THANK YOU to all you marvellous peeps for your kind thoughts and good wishes.
    Cris...super PA... kept me informed daily of your posts and I felt so much stronger before ..and since... the ops knowing I had such great support. :grin: thank you too to those of you ...newer peeps..whom I've not met yet but who kindly posted! :mrgreen:

Today is the first day since the op that I've not had the awful nausea and sickness which caused me more distress than the op itself. :shock:

As some of you know I had a right wrist replacement op last year...nicknamed 'Wally' by, I think, Linda Legs....
    This time round I've had the ulna head removed on the left fused wrist and I'm now sporting another joint replacement..this time it's the middle or Pip joint of my left index finger. I had decided to call him Tiny Tim out of a mistaken assumption that 'he' was small. vulnerable and insignificant. How wrong I was :!: He's been more like a tiny terror :roll: , gnashing away relentlessly under the plaster of paris and swathes of bandaging :shock: A force to be reckoned with. :lol::lol:

Post op it's been quite physically challenging...both my knees need replacing so I'm relying heavily on Wally who isn't quite a year old to take most of the strain, but am worried about placing him under too much pressure.
    My twister is staying with me at night which is hugely helpful and without whom I definitely could not have managed! thank you sis :wink: I've not been short of other family support... so feel very lucky indeed!

Recovery wise..I'll have the first 'pop' stookie removed and stitches out on Tuesday....then a more lightweight splint on the wrist and a removable orthotic splint on the finger.

I did get a disappointing not to say shocking letter today from the Orthopaedics Waiting List Co-ordinator who advises that my name's been removed from the TKR list as I'm deemed medically unfit :eek:
    I was scheduled to have the first of two TKRs in August :???: and have no idea who has made this decision. :roll: but will follow it up next week when I'm a bit more recovered.

Typing still quite difficult but I wanted to acknowledge all your posts and let you know how much they've meant to me. I will try to be around a bit more as and when able. Meantime, a big HUG and thanks to all.....

Iris xxxxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You is a norty norty girl for typing such a long answer but bless you for so doing: you have no idea how good it is to hear from you despite the distressing news about the knee ops. That does need to be chased up, but you are quite right, not just yet. I am glad to hear that the twister and others have been taking such good care of you - you have had a rough ride my lovely, you will need some care for a little while more, yes? Rest, rest and rest some more, let your PAs know as and when how you are doing and I am sure they will gladly relay any message from you to us. Concentrate on getting better, yes? Take care. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    IRIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to see you :grin:

Agree with DD though....you are kind to type so much when it MUSTY be uncomfortable.

Such a thorough explanation oif all that happened and l love the name tiny tim :lol: Even if he is a tiny terror :evil

So pleased you have your dear sis to look after you and hope that sooner rather than later you feel WAY WAY better.

Re the letter...THAT can be deal with next weekl for sure. :evil :evil

Cris has been a star keeping us all informed for which l for one am very grateful...especially her tolerance of those of us (like me) who need to know what is happening NOW :wink:

HUG and HUGS to you

XXXXXXXXXXX
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Hi there, Dorcas,

Good to see you posting again: bad to see you posting so much. You just look after Wally & Tim, your 'twother?' prostheses.

At a guess, I'd say your deemed unfit for a tkr until your Little Tim gets stronger. Could be wrong (Often am) but it'd make sense.

Anyway, for now just concentrate on recovery. We'll still be here (More's the pity) when you get back.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    HI Iris how nice it is to see you post but please be carefull , i would like to give a warm welcome to TinyTim as well no dout we will be hearing about his progress as he starts to settle down , xx
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Iris,
    Oh the GA sickness is awful I am pleased it has started to ease off for you. Tiny Tim does sound like a delinquent at the moment but I am sure he will settle down for you when he knows his place.

That was a disappointment about the TKR’s but hopefully things will be sorted out by your consultant. Of course you will have been run down with all the extra pain so perhaps that has played its part in the cancellations. Hopefully you will find out one way or another when you are feeling a little stronger.
    Hugs to you and yours especially that lovely sister of yours.
    Lv, Ix
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Iris :grin:

Lovely to see you, but sorry Tiny Tim has not quite got the hang of things yet. It will take a while to get him up to Wallys high standard so I hope you are resting and taking it easy for a while yet.
    Sorry the TKR might be on hold but I hope you do get that sorted as soon as you are up to it. Am glad your twister is there to help out.
    Leaving some more hugs and healing (((( ))))
    love
    Chris xx
  • Wonkylegs
    Wonkylegs Member Posts: 3,504
    Options
    HI IRis

Wow you have been busy today :wink: I hope you're letting your twister do plenty too :wink::wink:

The letter re the op beggars belief but I have every confidence that you'll sort them out next week when you've had time to cogitate an appropriate response to their 'thoughtfulness' :roll: :green

rest up, enjoy being looked after and we'll keep adding to your hug basket for when you feel like popping in.

hugs
    WOnky xxxxxxx
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hello Iris
    Its so lovely to have you back, if only in short burst...you are such a brave lady and so inspirational to us all.
    TOOK YOU OFF THE LIST...they don't know our Iris do they....I am sure you will get something done about that when you are recovered.
    Sending you all my very best good vides that the recovery goes well...and loads of hugs to keep you going (((((((()))))) and some for your lovely sister (((((((())))))
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning gorgeous girl, you know the message off my heart by now: good night, some decent rest, feeling better/brighter (delete as applicable). Your mate, Diabolic.
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi Iris,

Good to see you been in :grin:

Hope you had a decent night and a good day to follow with TT starting to behave.

Maybe the coordinator is on about you not being able to have the op now... it might be that simple but you will get it sorted flower just you don't need to do it today.

Leaving tea and a (((( )))) and a hope. Cris xx