Pocket Duties for Iris (dorcus) ......

Options

Comments

• julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Morning Iris

Lovely to see your post but....I hope you havent now havent paid a price for your efforts.

Glad that the nausea has now gone and I hope tim settles down soon too.

You take care
    thinking about you
    love juliepf x
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hello iris

Just to say hope things are settling down for you. I love the nickname 'tiny tim' !!

Marionxxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Morning Iris

Hoping Tiny Tim is behaving :???:

he better be or else l will send the boys round...(that's my girls and Daisy also a girl).

You could end up with a whole new family....is Wally the Dad???

Love

toni xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Morning Dorcas & Twister. I've nothing special to say - just thinking of you and hoping things are slowly improving ('Quickly' would probably be too much to ask.)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Afternoon Dorcas, I apologise for not looking in before now but Mr DD and me have been out and about. I hope all is as well as it can be. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Iris,

hope things are stabilizing and leaving you a liter of tea and a ((((( ))))) with a hope that TT is now tired and will sleep for a few hours.

You will feel so much better after Tuesday and the stitches and light weight splint will help a lot with his tantrums.

We moved up from buckets to tankers in special circumstances so leaving a tanker of get betters, stamina, fortitude and a special cope bucket the blue one knows too well :wink:

Another liter of tea and huge hope. BB sends her very best stampy foot and Wish a baaaaa. Cris xxx
  • 80squeen
    80squeen Member Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi Iris,
    Hope you are still recovering well and taking things nice and easy! You are one brave lady and I aspire to have half your strength!
    Very best wishes,
    Josie x
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Tankers? From buckets to tankers? What a fabulous vision, skezier - only you could come up with such a wonderful thing. I love the notion. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Iris,
    I just wanted to wish you well for tomorrow and hope that things will improve for you with the lighter splint.
    Sending you some hugs to you and your lovely family,
    Lv, Ix
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi DD the tankers are Wonky's I just hi-jack the here and there.... i deal in buckets normally but iris deserved a tanker. xx

Hi Iris,

Just dropping in a huge great tanker load of hope that the stitches come out and the lighter splint is better fro you.

I still think what ever you say and think you're doing so well and are an inspiration. You hang in there and a (((((((((( )))))))))) as well as a bucket of bone mend and another of stamina. Cris xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning gorgeous, I hope that your house was not blown away last night by the gales! Good luck for today, I hope all goes well: is your twister still taking care of you? Just realised you cannot/should not answer. Time to put my brain in, I think. Anyhoo, good luck. DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning Iris

Just sending more hugs ((())))) and hope that things are improving for you.

take care
    love juliepf x
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi All,

Iris has just got home after a long and painful time of it.

They are pleased with TT and her wrist and have taken the stitches out of the wrist but left a few in Tim for the time being as he hasn't quite healed up and they don't want him opening.

She got 2 splints, one for resting and one for exercising. Se now has to get to physio to have the exercises for Tim. As iris said its progress.
    You all take care Cris x

Oh what a useless pa I am...

She said to thank you all so much for being there. xx

Iris if you look in just make sure that you go steady and get the balance right. Your on the way back now Maid so hang in there. ((((( ))))) and a bucket of bone ease and another of stamina. xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I think I might have to come to Cornwall and thump you. You are NOT, and NEVER HAVE BEEN a useless PA. You daftie, skezier, you utter chump.

Thank you for the latest update, bless dorcas for letting you know (how? I hope she hasn't hurt stuff) and as for you, my Cornish maid, go to bed and rest easy that you do your pigeon duties with utter brilliance, care, concern and love. Where would we be without you? Bereft, that's where. DD
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi DD,

Nope I was useless there for a min as Iris stressed she wanted to thank you all i forgot to tell you.....My excuse is its a long way to fly and fly back :lol: xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I missed out 'gently'! :shock: I meant to type 'thump you gently'. I am so sorry. I was tired. No excuse I know, but I was. :oops:

You are right, Cornwall to Scotland is a long way and it has been very, very windy.

I hope all is as OK with you as it can be - ah, wrong thread. I'll nip over to yours.

Morning dorcas, how's things? I hope life is marginally (or majorly) more comfortable this morning after all of yesterday's adjustments. DD
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,445
    Options
    Hi Iris

things are trucking along then as they should eb?

I am pleased all seems to be well and hope that sooner rather than later you are more comfortable.

Love

Toni xx

(thanks pigeon!)
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Dorcas. Just adding my best wishes for the day to those of all the others.

Skezier, thanks for the updates and maybe, with the wind behind you, I could ping you to Scotland with the bungee rope???
    Steven Wright
  • skezier
    Options
    Hi DD,

I was ok with just the thump flower... don't worry ... partly cus I can fly out the way :lol: Tis a long way and I have to detour to see if Legs has her sheets out as well :lol: (sorry legs I have't; forgotten that,.... forget most things but that stuck :lol: ) xx

Oh Sticky I like the idea of being pingged off a bungee..... Be into the wind today... might get blown to wales but be easier coming home :lol: xx

Iris just leaving a bucket of ((((( ))))) and now will go do hat i said I would do :wink: xxx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hello Iris

Just popping in to say "hello" and that I am thinking of you.

Glad you are home now and hope that things start to get better for you soon.

Lots love and ((()))s

Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning gorgeous, I hope all is well. DD
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hello Iris,
    I hope today finds you feeling a little better and our TT is starting to settle for you.
    Sending you healing thoughts,
    Lv, Ix
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Dorcas. Me again. Just popping in to wish you all the best for today.
    Steven Wright
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    HI Iris
    Sorry missed this thread hpe your on the mend sending yoiu buckets of (((((((())))))) and best wishes x
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Afternoon dorcas, I hope all is going well. DD

I posted that earlier, then thought 'Why not ring her?' so I did.

She had a really rough time post-op but is now feeling 'strong but useless'. Tiny Tim is not hurting as much as before and she can already feel the benefit of the procedure in her hand. She is managing on her own but is finding dressing and doing the stairs particularly tricky. Wally (her right wrist) is having to take all the strain and he is somewhat reluctant to move like a proper wrist but she is battling on regardless. She is very aware that she has not been looking in and feels very embarrassed (as per usual) about the level of support she is getting in comparison to the lack of input from her.

Iris? Don't be daft.

We are here to cheer you on, that's our job, and we will continue to do so whether you look in or not. Surgery takes the stuffing out of one for a while and surely hand surgery makes life very awkward for a time. You concentrate on getting better - that's your job. Understood? Good. DD