RECENTLY DIAGNOSED - AWAITING OP - VERY SCARED

Options

Comments

• GUINDI
    GUINDI Member Posts: 28
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    I have been trying to find the message that somone posted saying they were having an op this week....

Just want to wish them luck and a speedy recovery and to keep in touch and tell us how they are. All my love and best wishes Paloma xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Don't forget, the good knee is taking the strain of the bad one which is probably why it appears to be more troublesome. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Paloma, Sorry to hear your weekend was not so great, As DD said you have to remember your good knee is taking alot of the strain instead of sharing with the other knee so your good knee is now weakening.It's a catch 22 situation. At least when you have the op when you've recovered the good knee will get chance to recover alittle!
    Let me know how you get on, and remember if you ever wanna chat just private message me and we can chat. Have a goodish week hun! Take care. Amanda, (bubbadog). :smile:
  • Dottydoodah
    Dottydoodah Member Posts: 169
    Options
    Hi Paloma

Sent you a PM last night but hadnt read this thread.
    Sorry the other knee is playing up. As others have said, it is taking the strain off the other one.
    Glad you have started the swimming :grin:

Hugs Nicki
  • GUINDI
    Options
    Hey friends

how you all feeling? Hopefully pain free!

Counting the days for my holiday - off to devon in a 8 days for a week- then the Op which has now been confirmed for the 27th jUNE - GETTING NERVOUS - I will probably s**t myself the day before (literally!!! lol)

lots of love and hugs to all
    Paloma xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi hun. Good to see you back, you've not been around for a while.
    I hope that you are doing alright. Are you still going swimming?
    Hope that you have a great holiday, and remind us all nearer the time and we'll all tag along for the op for moral support. Make sure that you wear something with big pockets as there could well be a few of us tagging along on the day of your operation....

Keep us all up to date..
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    GUINDI wrote:
    Hey friends

how you all feeling? Hopefully pain free!

Counting the days for my holiday - off to devon in a 8 days for a week- then the Op which has now been confirmed for the 27th jUNE - GETTING NERVOUS - I will probably s**t myself the day before (literally!!! lol)

lots of love and hugs to all
    Paloma xxx

right now you have date forget it go and enjoy your holiday we will all jump in your pocket and come for op with you everytime you get worried think of us all having a picknic in your pockets we will help you stay strong can we also come on the hol with you bet it will be great val
    val
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I hope you have a lovely holiday and I wish you the very best for your op. The whole point of surgery is to improve matters - and it usually does. Make sure you read through the checklist for going into hospital - it has some very useful tips on it! (It's at the top of this board.) DD
  • GUINDI
    Options
    Hi Tony, DD and everyone

thanks for your messages. I love Tony's suggestion of you all coming along to my op, if anyone wants to volunteer for me, please feel free!!
    Tony, when I was reading about the big pockets, for a second I thought you meant about nicking stuff from the hospital, it did make me laugh!!! :lol::lol::lol: :green

I will enjoy my holidays and will be online when I get back and let you know how it went and when my op is- I am sure I will be fine..got to be positive - I just have not got the patience with myself , that is my problem!

love you all and speak soon
    Paloma xx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Paloma, hope you are ok today?
    Well, as for nicking stuff, where do you think I get all of our bedding from? We don't have cutlery, we eat using surgical instruments! Lol

As long as you let us know when, we'll all be with you, some of us are a bit noisier than others though.. Don't put me in the same pocket as anyone with any smelly sandwiches, or tomatoes, they are evil..
    :grin::grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi
    You are not on your own when it comes to having an op. believe me I have chickened out my first THR twice, but I am getting nearer by the min.
    I hope you have a lovely holiday and the sun shines for you.
    So dont be like me, head down and go for it, we are all behind you.
    Love
    Barbara
  • GUINDI
    Options
    Hi my friend

Back from my lovely 9 days in Devon, although the weather was awful. I had my winter coat on most of the time! Cant believe we were in June but still it was a brill holiday - very hectic

did lots of walking every day and did not knee by knee support and it did not play up much - if it got a bit achy/sharp pains i just rested for 10 mins so it was actually quite good - had a very good pair of trainers on though

getting ready for the op tomorrow - did not sleep last night and feel a bit light headed today - bit dizzy - think i need some sleep or chill more. got to be in the hospital for 7am a bit early but not sure when the op is. I am sure i will be fine - just want it over and done with - hope it is just straight forward and i dont wake up with the consultant saying it was worse than what they thought -

got to be positive and strong minded - will be fine ...will be fine....

xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    It WILL all be fine, I am sure of that. I hope it all goes well for you and rest assured, we will all be here when you can get back to us - we would like updates please! Surgery generally makes life better, that is all you need to focus on, yes? I wish you well. DD
  • GUINDI
    Options
    thanks hun. I know it will be okay - I am a worrier by nature anyway specially with regards to health but I know this is all going to be for the better

xxx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,457
    Options
    Hi Guindi

oh!!! :???:

It's tomorrow!!

So glad you had a good holiday and now you can have a really good operation.

What time are we on tomorrow??

Will be thinking of you :smile:

Love

Toni xx
  • GUINDI
    Options
    :P Hi Toni

thanks for your message. Not sure I what time I will be online as I do not know what time I will be home but I guess sometime in the evening I should be connecting

love and hugs
    paloma xxx
  • dippyhips
    dippyhips Member Posts: 58
    Options
    Hi Paloma

Glad you enjoyed yr holiday, despite the weather.

Just thought as I can't sleep and you have an early start that I'll jump into your pocket now, I've packed some sausage rolls and a hot flask of coffee for afterwards :smile:

I hope you've managed to get some sleep, try not to worry, you'll be in safe hands.

All the best for today and lots of ((((((hugs))))))

Sue x
    GUINDI wrote:
    Hi my friend

Back from my lovely 9 days in Devon, although the weather was awful. I had my winter coat on most of the time! Cant believe we were in June but still it was a brill holiday - very hectic

did lots of walking every day and did not knee by knee support and it did not play up much - if it got a bit achy/sharp pains i just rested for 10 mins so it was actually quite good - had a very good pair of trainers on though

getting ready for the op tomorrow - did not sleep last night and feel a bit light headed today - bit dizzy - think i need some sleep or chill more. got to be in the hospital for 7am a bit early but not sure when the op is. I am sure i will be fine - just want it over and done with - hope it is just straight forward and i dont wake up with the consultant saying it was worse than what they thought -

got to be positive and strong minded - will be fine ...will be fine....

xxx
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Good morning Paloma, if I've read this right them your op is today, so the very best of luck with it hun, I'm sure things will be ok.

We will all be with you for pocket duties...

Please let us know how things are when you can...

Best wishes mi dear :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    You should be there by now, arthroscopies are not too bad from my experience and I hope it helps them to find out exactly what is going on and thus determine the next treatment steps for you. Good luck. DD
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Fingers crossed Paloma :???:

I promise :smile:

Love

Toni xx
  • GUINDI
    Options
    hi lovely friends
    thanks for all your messages, sandwiches, cakes and flasks with tea and cofffee...yummy but most of all for your great support

back at home now - pain killers wearing off so starting to get a bit sore - unfortunately the dammage caused was worse than expected, tehy had to remove part of cartilage, got too masive holes in femur and tibia and lost nerve and can see bone - arthritis very bad - on the bright side i am alive , with too legs and still able to walk with crutches
    - will be requiring anoitehr op to put some 'plugs' on thosse holes but not sure when yet. I needt o loose lots of weigh and I am determine to do so
    got my first physio tomorrow 2pm so will connect after that , and will update you =

love hugs and smiles to u all :P :P :wink:
    paloma xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am glad to hear you are home, keep the pain dullers ticking over so as to keep the worst of it at bay. I am sorry they found more than you were bargaining for and I hope they can start to 'repair' matters soon. Good luck with the physio! DD
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning Guindi

I appologise I have only just spotted this thread, plus I have also been away for a few days too.
    I am pleased that your op went well yesterday and I hope this morning you are not too sore. Good luck with your physio.
    Take care
    Juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Guindi, I'm so sorry I missed that you had your operation! :eek: :cry: Glad they found what they needed to look at but so sorry it is not good and they had to remove part of the cartlidage. Good luck with the physio and hope you have a speedy recoverery. And remember I'm here if you wanna talk. Big ((HUGS)). Amanda/bubbadog.
  • frogmorton
    Options
    Hi Paloma

I am so very very pleased you are home safe and well.

Sounds like they had to work harder than expected...hopefully though all will go well from now on.

You CAN and you WILL loose some weight :smile:

Love

Toni xx