Options
    Afternoon Guindi, how are things going for you today? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,942
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Paloma.
    i'm pleased you've had the op now you know why you had all the pain.
    good luck on what they decide to do for it.
    i will be there for you when you know the date.
    take care joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • frogmorton
    frogmorton Member Posts: 29,455
    Options
    No-one heard from Paloma?

Hope you are ok

Love

Toni xx
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Guindi {if you are about}
    How are things.......glad you are back but sorry you seemed to get more than you bargained for....You seem very positive about it which is a good thing.

Love
    Hileena
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Guindi,
    How did the physio appointment go? I am sorry to hear you will have to have another op soon but fingers crossed it will help get things on the right track for you.
    Lv, I x
  • GUINDI
    GUINDI Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thanks a bunch for your messages. I am okay...slowly recovering sometimes I am in a bit of discomfort but apparently is normal.

I go back on weds for physio and to see the consultant again....not looking forward to it..

has any of you had these' ''plugs' put it? I am so scared...i hope a miracle happens and dont have to have these done ..it is getting the best of me and worried abotu my job., i recently been promoted and was still under probation - they are not nice anyway

xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I fear discomfort is par for the course, any form of surgery is invasive and disruptive to the body and yes, it takes a while for things to recover. As for the 'plugs', well, I have no idea what they are or why they are used. Here come some silly words: don't fret about work too much: surely they would not have promoted you unless they thought you were up to the job, you cannot help being off for the time being, your case is genuine, they cannot complain. I wish you well, you sound as tho you are doing OK, guindi, good for you girl. DD
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Paloma

I am late here and am sorry.

It sounds quite horrible for you just now but flower you will get through it and hopefully get some benefits as well soon?

I hope so much you get o ok on Wednesday and will be in your pocket. I don't know much about the plugs but have heard of them and think if they have to it will be ok flower.

Work wise.... its genuine sickness so hopefully they will be ok for you. They think a ot of you otherwise they wouldn't have prompted you so try not to worry too much just now. You concentrate ion getting better and leaving a bucket of hopes for you. Cris xx
  • GUINDI
    GUINDI Member Posts: 28
    Options
    thanks Peeps for your messages.

Have not had the computer for a few days so have been 'incomunicada'.

went back to consultant and physion today and was told I am Grade 3 arthritis basically the next step is the knee replacement as the holes are too big for the plugs now. He keeps changing his mind...I am so confused and he is private. By the way when I told him that my work BUPA has got a limit and I could not have any more surgery or consulation privately after this one - he quickly changed the conversation. Sometimes I think they just want you to go through different stuff for the money. I have to tell him on Monday that he needs to refer me back to nhs so they can check the other knee etc..

the funny thing is that my pain has never been enough to have to take pain killers and the arthiritis has been there probably for years but the torn cartilage is what gave me the pain at the end. I think part of me should have left it and leave my body in the hands of God and what will be will be. I am not having a TKR...I will end up in a wheel chair so I have been told but I am going to hope for the best and what will be will be. I have also decided to go back to studying, ready for the future and see if I can get work from home , if the worse happens.....I have applied for the Masters on Translations Studies, it will take me about 3 to 4 years to complete, distance learning via the University of Portsmouth, of course it will be english to spanish and viceversa. Hope to be admitted and should start either September or February. It will keep me busy, it is expensive but I know it will keep me off thinking about my bloody knees and my general health and will give me a new purpose and not having to feel guilty if I am ill or worried that I may loose my job If I am ill as I will be working for myself. I have been putting off this course now for years but I guess this had to happen to make me realise life is too short and you have to grab the bull by the horns.....OLE!!!, as we say in Spain

Tony...is your op next week or the week after?

xxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am glad to hear that you have plans for your future etc, that is a very good move on your part and I wish you well with the studies if you are able to get on the course. I would urge you to rethink about the TKR, however: life in a wheelchair is not that easy. I am glad to read that you are not in that much pain - a TKR would help that to remain the case, surely. DD