Bed Pans Here I Come !!!!

Options
lindalegs
lindalegs Member Posts: 5,393
edited 24. May 2011, 04:25 in Living with Arthritis archive
e025.gif I have finally got my date for my knee replacement to be replaced.
I shall be going into hospital on 8th June 2011 and shall be in for 6 days if all goes to plan.

Yesterday I went for my pre-op assessment which took 5 ½ hours :shock: and assuming my MRSA swabs come back clear all should go ahead……. unless I get bumped which as we all know on here for some it happens far too often. Apparently if I have MRSA I have to collect an antiseptic wash and shampoo from the hospital to use each day for 2 weeks up to the surgery.

I'm feeling very positive about the operation now, I've come to terms with the fact I have to go through with it and after the surgery any pain I have will be because I'm healing. :grin: The pain I have now is because my prosthesis is moving and consequently damaging healthy bone. :sad:

If I'm honest I usually enjoy my stays in hospital and once I get everyone on the ward organised :wink: it'll be like a holiday where I meet lots of new people and will possibly come away with a few friends (that's what normally happens). :grin:

Anyway I shall be around for a couple of weeks yet so I'll be back to my normal posting before I go quiet.
Love, Legs x
'Make a life out of what you have, not what you're missing'

Comments

• Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Wow, Linda what a positive post :grin: well done you.
    Sending bucket loads of hugs and positive thoughts your way ((((())))) xx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thanks Poppy. I'm hoping that positive thinking will aid my getting over it, it did seem to work before. :grin:
    Love, Legs x
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I wish you the very best, lindalegs, I hope it all goes well and that you soon start to feel the benefit. Please don't desert us - I hope somone on here has your details and can act as a PA 'cos you know we will be thinking of you and will want updates! June 8th? It's in me diary! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Thank you Dreamsdaisy, I've interviewed my pigeon and have a very efficient bird in my employ to keep anyone interested posted ......her wages are rubbish though but I'm not letting on in case she leaves her post :wink:
    Love, Legs x
  • bertyboy
    bertyboy Member Posts: 1,860
    Options
    Hi Linda fingers crossed results come back ok and your op doesn't get put on hold especially as you are so positive and up beat , i would be very happy to be on your ward :lol:
    I know i am a lady ,all life is a journey xx MAY xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Brilliant, Legs. I'll be cheering you on.

Bed pans? In your dreams, mate. I'd to hit the commode first day post op. All that sort of namby pamby stuff is strictly old hat.

Anyway, can we now start the Knee Revision club as it didn't seem worth inaugurating one while it appeared I'd be the only member? (Anyone else out there???) As you seem to be good at organising you can be chair and then committee meetings will be mercifully short affairs before we slope off to the pub.

Right, I'm looking forward to this. Go. Go Go, my friend.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • lindalegs
    Options
    bertyboy wrote:
    Hi Linda fingers crossed results come back ok and your op doesn't get put on hold especially as you are so positive and up beat , i would be very happy to be on your ward :lol:

Thanks Bertygirl ....you're not allowed to uncross your fingers till the 9th now you know :wink:
    Love, Legs x
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Brilliant, Legs. I'll be cheering you on.

Bed pans? In your dreams, mate. I'd to hit the commode first day post op. All that sort of namby pamby stuff is strictly old hat.

Anyway, can we now start the Knee Revision club as it didn't seem worth inaugurating one while it appeared I'd be the only member? (Anyone else out there???) As you seem to be good at organising you can be chair and then committee meetings will be mercifully short affairs before we slope off to the pub.

Right, I'm looking forward to this. Go. Go Go, my friend.

Hi Sticky,

Apparently I have to be in bed for two days so that the cement is well and truly set ..........so unless they want yucky sheets I'm having namby pamby bed pans :wink:

Assuming there are just the two of us in this Knee Revision Club I reckon we should go straight to the pub to hold them there ...........you the secretary then? :lol::lol:

Off to get on the exercise bike for 20 mins now to keep my muscles strong.

See y'all later :grin:
    Love, Legs x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,956
    Options
    Hi Linda.
    good luck for the 8 of june i will be thinking about you.
    are you having it done on the 8th.
    take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    lindalegs wrote:
    Assuming there are just the two of us in this Knee Revision Club I reckon we should go straight to the pub to hold them there ...........you the secretary then?

This is going to be a great club. You're my kind of chair, Legs. I'm not brilliant with pen & paper but I guess secretarial duties will be light. Agenda for first meeting - who's getting them in? That should do it.

I quite fancy your hospital for my next op. 2 days in bed sounds good to me.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • elnafinn
    elnafinn Member Posts: 7,412
    Options
    Such a positive thread, Linda. :grin: That's our girl! I would not have thought you would have been anything other than postive thinking about the forthcoming op . Best way to be. I am with you on that.

I know you will make friends whilst there and organise everyone. Makes the time go, doesn't it? Best to try to have a laugh and joke. Laughing is good for you. I am sure all will go to plan. It did before, so why not again.

Not too long to wait either. I am sure all the tests at the pre op will be ok.

Love
    Elna x
    The happiest people don't have the best of everything. They just make the best of everything.

If you can lay down at night knowing in your heart that you made someone's day just a little bit better, you know you had a good day.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I am glad to hear that pigeon duties have been allocated - I wish you the very best. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi Legs,
    What a long pre op!!!!!!
    They've changed things in our authority....for hips anyway....doesnt matter whether you have MRSA you still have to use that stuff.
    Anyway....thinking of you

Love
    Hileena
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hi Legs,

Will get the employers to cross everything and with a bit of luck you will be fine. The exercises are always a good idea but sorry cus of cut backs its closed now.

Maybe they will surprise you and have similar still there for revisions?

You make sure SW doesn't lead you astray you know what she is like! :lol:

Good luck with the pre-op and glad you got a pa sorted cus we only worry. ((((( ))))) Cris xx

Lynn, Not sure about the knitted bed pans........ :wink:
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    You have been so quiet on the forum I thought you'd snuck off for the op without telling us. I am glad to hear you are feeling more positive about it all.You have to cross that bridge first, get used to the idea and then it all feels worthwhile.
    Hope you have saved a few good books to read.

Good luck
    Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    hi Linda, sorry I've only just seen this, I've a lot of catching up to do on here, my supporting duties have been rather dire of late.
    Eighth is the day after my birthday, I think it's my twenty first again... Lol

Best of luck, someone remind me nearer the time, we all know how bad my memory is..
    :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Linda,
    Glad you don’t have too long to wait until the op. With luck you will be able to recuperate in the summer weather, relax and get some reading done.
    Lovely to see such a positive post but sorry it was such a long day for the pre op.
    You do meet some nice people when on the ward. Trouble is I didn’t recognise them when they were in civi dress!!! :lol:
    Lv, I x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Hi linda

I am glad you are having positive thoughts and I send you a few more to pack in your bag.

Take care and all the best for the 8th june

Love Juliepf x
  • jillyb1
    jillyb1 Member Posts: 1,725
    Options
    Thinking of you , Lindalegs , and counting down until the 8th , amazing how upbeat and positive you are ; sounds as if you'll organise the whole hospital rather than just your ward ! Jillyb
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    Legs, hope all goes well and enjoy your rest and make loads of friends i am sure you will have them all organised in no time.

Tracey
  • magenta
    magenta Member Posts: 1,604
    Options
    Hi Legs,

I'll be thinking of you on the 8th. Glad you're being very positive about it all. You'll be fine, I know it!
    Take care miss,
    love Eileen xx
  • mp1952
    mp1952 Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Hi Linda

That's great news... in a couple of weeks it should be 'onwards and upwards' for you..

I didn't know about that shampoo/washing thing in respect of MRSA - so I've learnt something today!!

Marion
  • chris7
    chris7 Bots Posts: 2,696
    Options
    Hi Legs

Do hope they don't delay on you now you are ready and feeling so positive about it all. Good for you lass but goodness that pre op was a bit thorough eh! Just adding to the good wishes and hoping it all goes well for you.
    Hope the time passes quickly and you have a good recovery.
    love
    Chris

ps I see that book you recommended yonks ago and I loved, Water for Nellies has been made into a film, so can't wait for the DVD. :grin:
  • lindalegs
    Options
    Hi All,

Thank you all for your wonderful replies which I shall respond to later.

At the mo I have my glad rags on because we're off out to a party this afternoon.

See you later ..........if I'm sober :wink::lol::lol::lol:
    Love, Legs x
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Have a good time linda and have a couple of pimms for me

Juliepf x