When two worlds collide

Options
13»

Comments

• tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Lovely pics! Bet Mell didn't show you all our pics on facebook, via friends of AC. He's a bloke, he wouldn't have thought of that.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth, no, you're right, he dint... Maybe next time we meet, which I do hope will happen.. I don't do the old bumface (facebook) so haven't seen any of the folks from AC that are on there.
    I think more folks might show their faces on here now though, you never know, lol..

Did you like our ranting faces?? :grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    Options
    great photos thanks 4 shareing it strange how many of us are not all that old is it because the forum in on internet and not so many older people go on it or is it just so many of us younger ones are getting and copeing with arther glad you both got on so well val
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I think it's just a case of more of us 'younger' arthurites are becoming aware of sites like this. Plus I think docs were & still are to a degree reluctant to diagnose arthur to the young ones... I've had bone probs with my knees since being a teenager, but had to fight to finally get them to actually diagnose arthur... :roll:

I don't look too bad for a ninety year old though eh? Had an easy life! :lol::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Tony and Mellman,

Great pics, and Tony I think arthur is getting to my head now, every pic I see of you and you look different. There you go, INSANITY RULES for me.

It's so nice to hear that you both got on so well.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • valval
    Options
    tony was thinking earlyer of how life always seemed so hard and how i was always falling asleep because was exhausted. never asked docs about it but did mention pains in arm and hand they just used to say do not carry school bag in one hand but it was not that heavy at the time i do wander how long arther has had a grip of me val
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Wouldn't surprise me from the sound of things if you hadn't had probs a while Val...

Karen, for legal reasons I'm not allowed to go into it but I'm bound by law to look different on every picture taken otherwise I'd be breaking a super duper injunction some welsh tart took out on me in the 70's :shock: :eek: :???: :lol::lol:

Oh.. I've already said too much, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you all to sign a confidentiality form to say that I never existed & I'm actually a figment of Mellmans imagination, I'm his original childhood invisible friend :roll: :???:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • valval
    Options
    tony you never have been real you go with fat kev and alan de lord all figments of our imagination
    val
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Well dear Val, in that case all I can say is that you all have sick sick minds 8) :shock: :lol::lol:

It was some sick puppy who thought us up :green
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I've heard from our pal Mellman, he's managed to have a quick look at this thread, thoroughly enjoying it, but I think he's struggling with internet access maybe. I'm sure that he'll be along when he can with tales of how I threatened him to tell you all what a nice bloke I am and took his pocket money from him...

I'm glad that he was happy about posting the photos of us both though, I think it makes a difference somehow to seeing who you've been chatting to if you know what I mean..? Lol
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning Tony

Hope all is well with the hands today and that you are not suffering too much.

The photos of you and mel are brilliant, thanks for showing us. So glad you had a fab time.

Juliepf x
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Julie.. Hands are not great this morning, legs either. Never mind though, had a really good day yesterday.....
    I must have been tired, woke up at right to take my tablets, went back to sleep & only woke up again fifteen mins ago, lol...

Hope that our Mell is ok.. Maybe he's still recovering from the meeting :shock: :lol:

e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • tkachev
    tkachev Member Posts: 8,332
    Options
    Did you like our ranting faces?? :grin: [/b][/quote]

Oh yes, very fetching.

Elizabeth
    Never be bullied into silence.
    Never allow yourself to be made a victim.
    Accept no ones definition of your life

Define yourself........

Harvey Fierstein
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Hi Tony I am only just catching up with this, what a brilliant pic of you and Mel...I knew you had a cheeky face but so has our Mell...hes not at all scary :lol: his rants will never be the same.. :eek: :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Hi Elizabeth, Barbara...

Cheeky faces indeed... Haha

I think we will meet up again in the future.. In fact I'm sure there are many more rants to be had.. Lol

Glad you liked the pics, pity we dint get time to take more but we were far too busy ranting.... Lol

:smile::grin::lol:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • roses1
    roses1 Member Posts: 1,850
    Options
    Hi Tony,

Great pics of u and Mell, 2 cheeky chappies :lol:

Glad you had good times and many more to come eh?

rants , rants and more rants :lol:
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Right picture the scene, one bald slightly fat soft southern middle aged man in a Rav 4 packed to the gills with assorted junk ( two dogs, not forgetting the war office and little war office and all their girlie crap), come driving via direction of sat nav because a Men don’t do maps and anyway the nag nav is to slow and her eye sight is frankly “not up to the job” these days comes bounding over hill and dale swerving and swearing at all the other bloody crap drivers only to nearly get to their destination when suddenly with only half a mile to go we were directed down some single track lane to god knows where?, hey even sat navs have their bad moments and anyway I blame the wife as she was still holding the map all be it upside down so guilty as charged!.
    Anyway with a slight bit of gesticulation and a copious amount of swearing we finally got to the meeting site!.
    Now all I will say is Tony isn’t hard to spot, small, tattooed and all bloody ARD looking!, So with a lot of Southern trepidation out we get and yep it was him alright, so we shake hands and bugger me he nearly broke me fingers!, at one point I thought about setting the dogs on him to “test his ardness” but they would have only cracked their teeth on his legs I’m sure, and the thought of having both the big and small war office moaning at me all the way to the lakes was just to much for me.
    So in we go for a pint and a rant and bugger me what a rant it was, Tony and me turned out to be a dangerous mix almost akin to a geo political binary nerve agent smart’ish weapon , boy we had a good old chin wag and by the time we had to leave the pub was almost cleared so I could really start shouting my views without the fear of loosing my teet!,h and having my now trusted enforcer AKA ARD Tony with me I was even thinking of claiming the table as the free and independent state of Sodoff but the landlady was standing by the bar looking at me all funny like?.
    But more importantly the worlds woes and problems had all been allocated an distinct precise position of a scale from “irrelevant foreign jibberish ” too “ do not allow admittance but burn immediately”.
    Boy if only we could get hold of the reigns of power this country would definitely be GREAT again I can tell you, sadly the time went so fast it felt like I’d only just sat down before we had to shuffle off on the last leg of our journey to the lakes.
    I can’t speak for Tony but for me the highlight of my hol’s.
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Welcome back mell, it's lovely to hear from you! I think you have found a kindred spirit, yes? I am glad that you both got on so famously well, we certainly enjoyed hearing Tony's side of the great event, and yours matches his in terms of enjoyment. It may well have been your highlight but I hope the rest of the holiday passed well for you and the two WOs. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • mellman01
    mellman01 Member Posts: 5,306
    Options
    Hi DD well the holiday was OK but the meeting was tops for me,Tony and I are two peas minds on the same track, as for the lakes i don't think I will be going back, lets say I now know how a bird in a gage must feel, I use to love hiking up in the mountains was really into the outdoor life just another thing OA has robbed me of, all I really did was sit watching TV and playing the X Box plus the driving was a bit of a problem had to raise the white flag and let the wife drive just to uncomfotable.
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    Sorry mel but all I can see is this cheeky faced young man....so I think you are getting someone else to write these brilliant rants.... :lol:
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Oh I can empathise with that, mell. I lost the ability to do 'fun' walking back in 2000, and it still grates (as do my knees! :smile: ). It's not easy tho, is it? DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tjt6768
    Options
    Right Mell, cheque is on the post for telling everyone I'm well ard n stuff as agreed... Two pounds fifty I think was the agreed terms?
    Bugger.... Thought this was a pm.. :shock: :shock: :oops:
    Right, everyone except Mell, pretend they never read the above statement...

I'm really glad that you enjoyed yourself Rkid, was a really good few hrs.. Went way too fast eh? We dint even start any riots with the locals.. Lol

Right, I will post more tomorrow, just popping in as I'm having trouble getting to sleep tonight...

Catch you soon matey..

Your ard Northern pal...
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Right Mell, cheque is on the post for telling everyone I'm well ard n stuff as agreed... Two pounds fifty I think was the agreed terms?

Ah, that explains it then :!: I was wondering who this well ARD character was who Mell had met. Not the Tony I know :lol:

Joan
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif