Fed Up! Fed Up! FED UP!

Options

Comments

• stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Ooh Sticky I'm busy compiling my list of those to be keel-hauled :lol: And as for where I want to go - somewhere warm and sunny

Hey, can anyone add to the lust? (Actually I meant to write 'list' but I think I prefer the sentence as it stands.)

Caribbean is usually the pirates' destiny, Tillytop. Think we can make it?
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    What a wonderful typo, sticky, that made oi larf! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Welcome aboard Suzygirl! Need all the help we can get here I reckon.

Yep, I reckon the Caribbean is a good destiination Sticky but I hope someone knows how to get there cos my navigation skills are truly shocking. :roll: And how's that lust coming along? :lol:

Just off to the galley now to rustle up some pirate rations. DD, can I trust you to be in charge of the grog?

Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Grog? What grog? Oh, THAT grog. :oops:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Yep, I reckon the Caribbean is a good destiination Sticky but I hope someone knows how to get there cos my navigation skills are truly shocking. :roll: And how's that lust coming along?

DD, can I trust you to be in charge of the grog?/quote]

Tillytop, you've got to be joking!

However, the lust's coming on beautifully, thanks

Now, Caribbean. It's left, isn't it?
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hello tillytillytilly, I hope things are a little less stormy this morning. I have replenished the grog. But not with grog. It's the usual, plus chocolate for dipping (just keep out of sticky's sight though!) I have also luzzed in some tea, biccies, cake, and full-fat Coke (for the hangover from too much 'grog'.) Avast behind me hearties! (and I have). DD
  • tillytop
    Options
    Oh they are DD - much less stormy thanks. Thanks too for the supplies!

Sticky, wherever we are this morning I don't think it's the Caribbean! Think I have just seen a polar bear :shock: Maybe we should have turned right, rather than left (but think the lust may have been distracting you somewhat :roll:)

Suzy has just gone up the mast with the telescope to see if she can spy land...

Tilly xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Sticky, wherever we are this morning I don't think it's the Caribbean! Think I have just seen a polar bear :shock: Maybe we should have turned right, rather than left (but think the lust may have been distracting you somewhat :roll:)

DD, Tillytop's just seen a polar bear. Are you sure you hid the grog?

OK, I'll put away the lust for now. Not much use for it in a ship full of women.

Not sure it was a telescope Suzy went up the mast with. Think it was her new memory foam pillow. Last seen heading for the crow's nest.

When do we get the ship's biccies and weevils?
    Steven Wright
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Tilly, Glad your ship is heading for calmer waters or as I prefer to call it the Carribean! (when I was on the cruise in January the seas around the Carribean where like a mill pool !) Hope this means you could be on the mend alittle! Fingers crossed for you to be getting a worth while rest from all the stress and pain you have been put though. Fingers crossed that it is a painfree Bank holiday for you Tilly. Amanda, (bubbadog).xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options

I didn't spy land, but I did see a lovely pool bar, with the most amazing cocktails!!! :lol:

Please could someone help me down, I am scared of heights!! :shock:

Glad to hear you are trundling along Tilly. Do you want sparklers in your cocktail?? Or just umbrellas??
  • stickywicket
    Options
    suzygirl wrote:

I didn't spy land, but I did see a lovely pool bar, with the most amazing cocktails!!!

Please could someone help me down, I am scared of heights!!

OK Suzygirl. Sounds like 'job done' to me. Amaze me with something nice.

Tilly, I hope you're feeling well enough to come on out of the galley & look at this - not a 'polar bear' but a 'pool bar'. Much more friendly.
    Steven Wright
  • tillytop
    Options
    Ahoy there shipmates!

Well this pooooool baah (hic) is v nise. Well spotted Suzy. Fink cd get oosed to vis (hic). Spaaklers an brellas in cocktail pls Suzy. Ships biccys an weevils taste good when dipped in cocktails (hic).

Seriously, thanks for your kiind posts Sticky, Suzy and Amanda. Things are definitely better today.

Thanks again for all your support and kind thoughts.

Love Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    That's my girl!
  • tillytop
    Options
    Fanks DD.

Tilly xxx
  • Ros33
    Ros33 Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi I am new to the forum and joined for the exact reasons you just outlined in your rant!!!! Thank you for letting me know I am not alone and there are other people out there who feel the same. I really hope things are a little better for you now. Take one day at a time that is where i m at at the moment :sad:
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hello Roslyn and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your kind words.

It is a real struggle isn't it but I am so pleased you have found us. You will find lots of support and good advice on here and, as you say, it does help you to feel less alone when you can chat to others who genuinely understand what you are going through. We are a friendly bunch on here and you will be made very welcome.

Love Tilly xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Ships biccys an weevils taste good when dipped in cocktails (hic).

Tillytop, I never thought I'd type this but chocolate dipped in Chardonnay suddenly seems quite appealing.
    Steven Wright
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    and yummy sticky xx choccie goes with anything
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • skezier
    skezier Member Posts: 11,333
    Options
    Hey Sticky thats a waste of good chocolate! said the deer..... xx

Hi Tilly,

Glad your feeling a bit better today and have left you a cuppa in the nook of the old oak with the blue bells (the Deer doesn't go that way I don't think) The cdm is up in the owl box... he might try to get in there but he can never open the catch with hooves..... Leaving you a ((((( ))))) and a hope for a good tomorrow. Cris xx

Hi Roslyn,

Glad you found the forum and your not alone flowwer. Nice to meet you. x
  • tillytop
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    Ships biccys an weevils taste good when dipped in cocktails (hic).

Tillytop, I never thought I'd type this but chocolate dipped in Chardonnay suddenly seems quite appealing.

See, Sticky -told you so! :lol: Theresa's got the right idea that choc goes with everything! And Cris, you don't know what you are missing!

Thanks Cris -found the cuppa in the new hiding place - and the CDM was still there when I got to it thanks. But I reckon that Miss L Legs will soon be onto us and will selling the deer some clever device for opening barn owl boxes! :lol:

Thanks for posting. I'm doing better again today, tho I wish the weather was more cheerful.

Love Tillyxxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Afternoon tilly, I am glad to hear you are feeling brighter today - long may that last. DD
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thanks DD!

Mr Tillytop is here today which is lovely - and certainly helps - but it also means I can't get away with resorting to the white wine before the sun is respectably over the yard-arm. Probably a good thing!
    :grin:
    Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Has it occurred to Mr T that he could be in the way? No? Thought not. Mr DD is round his mums. :grin: I am off to sort out a mackerel salad for lunch. With a nice glass of water for the steroids. :sad:
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Its the weekend Tilly anything goes :lol: and you have sun!!! where is it send it over us please its damp dismal and raining here :sad:

Maybe I shopuld mix a cocktail lie down and pretend Im on the beach in the blazing sun 8)
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • stickywicket
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    I'm doing better again today, tho I wish the weather was more cheerful.

Love Tillyxxx

I'm so pleased you're feeling a bit better today, Tilly, and that you have Mr TT around.

As for the weather -

1. if there's no sun, it'll never get over the yardarm. So does that mean.....?

2. When I was nobbut a young arthritic Mum of 2 exceptionally energetic young sons I created a scrapbook of newspaper cuttings that made me laugh out loud & I kept it for the really bad days. At the front I pasted one which simply said ' On staring out at a gloomy day first you must realise that it is the day that is gloomy, not you. If you want to be gloomy too that's OK but it's not mandatory.' Didn't always work for me but sometimes worked enough.

Have a good weekend.
    Steven Wright