Fed Up! Fed Up! FED UP!

Options

Comments

• Ros33
    Ros33 Member Posts: 20
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hey thank you so much Skezier and Tilly for your lovely welcome look forward to getting to know you better. I am having lovely weekend with my sister so that has cheered me up. Hope you guys have a great weekend will be in touch properly next week.

Byexx
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Thanks peeps for your posts.

Sticky - good point about the non-existent sun being over the yard-arm. Hadn't really thought that one through. :roll: And I loved the scrapbook idea and the "not being gloomy" quote. Definitely one to remember.

Ros - glad you are having a lovely weekend.

Theresa - hope the weather has been better today for you - and that you made and enjoyed that cocktail :lol:

DD - Mr TT is never in the way :grin:

Love Tilly xxx
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    Hi Tilly. Good to hear you sounding so positive..
    That's the spirit, oh, wait a minute, is that gin... Oh me & my big gob, you wimmin will all start drinking again now I've mentioned spirits :shock: :roll: :roll: :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Tilly....I have been away a few days so I am now rowing like mad to join that ship.....can you slow down please.....parrot on shoulder at the ready.

I am also glad to read that now you are feeling a little better .

would send you some sunshine but we aint got any either, only rain :roll:

Take care and enjoy the rest of this hol weekend

Thinking of you
    Love Juliepf x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Morning TILLY, it spouring down here, so that means it must be pub time, as it is dry in there!!! :wink:

Hope you manage to have a lovely relaxing day, despite the awful weather.
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hello Tony, Juliepf and Suzy

Welcome aboard Julie, to you AND your parrot!

Tony - wot do you mean "start drinking again?" Not sure we ever stopped! :lol:

And Suzy, you are absolutely right, pub is a GOOD place to be when it's raining!

Weather not good here either today - not cold but very grey and raining hard periodically.

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend.

Love Tilly xxx
  • bubbadog
    bubbadog Member Posts: 5,544
    Options
    Hi Tilly, Glad you found the swim-up bar and enjoyed it alot by the sounds of things!! Sounds like you had a good bank holiday weekend as well! Well I will try and keep the deck clean for you and chase that damn Parrot around in my wheelchair! 'The next time it poo's on my nice clean deck I will sew his bottom up so he can't do that again!!' LOL!! Take care Tilly and remember I am here if you need a shoulder. :smile: Amanda.xx
  • tillytop
    Options
    Hello Amanda

I now have this wonderful mental picture of you whizzing round the deck in your wheelchair, chasing Julie's parrot, mop in hand! :lol:

Thanks so much for your kind words and your offer of a shoulder. I will remember that. I am doing much, much better now thanks - almost back to what passes, in my case, for normal :lol:

Love Tilly xxx
  • ironic
    ironic Member Posts: 2,361
    Options
    Hi Tilly,
    Just wanted to say Hi and I am glad you are feeling a wee bit better in yourself.
    Roll on the sunshine, I think I have rust disease. :lol::lol:
    Hugs,
    Lv, I x
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    When's the next cruise due to set sail I need to be on it. I
    Need some sun And TLC and good company x
    Glad you're feeling better tilly
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hi Tilly! I to have a picture in my head of myself with a patch over one eye, in my wheelchair with bubba on my lap(my cat!) chasing a parrot! Very funny picture. Glad things are alot better for you! We need to keep the positive vibes going! Now our pirate ship seems to be evolving into a cruise liner we should chill round the pool and have sexy waiters bringing us delicious cocktails! What you think? :lol: Keep smiling! Amanda, (bubbadog).
  • julie47
    Options
    Hi tilly....glad you are feeling more like yourself we have lovely sunshine here, hope you do too. The sun is a tonic in its self.

oh my.....I can see me being chased in my chair with bubba in hers and that mop and a long line of people with crutches and sticks. It is like a clip from benny hill. :lol: Thing is......the parrot flew away and they are still chasing :eek: :lol:

Take care every one
    Juliepf x
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    tillytop wrote:
    almost back to what passes, in my case, for normal

Love Tilly xxx

Come on now, Tillytop, we can't have 'normal' on board this ship. Any more of that nonsense and you'll be walking the plank and taking the polar bear with you.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thanks Ironic, Theresa, Amanda, Lynn, Juliepf and Sticky for your posts.

Ok, so perhaps "normal" is overstating the case a bit! :lol:

Well Julie, since everyone else is off chasing the now non-existent parrot, a la Benny Hill, that means more grog for thee and me! :grin:

Seriously though I am so much better now and so relieved. As you know, when you're in the mire, it's difficult a) to remember that hasn't always been like that and b) that it won't always be like that.

Thanks, as always, for your continued support - and your company on our pirate/cruise ship!

Love Tilly xxx
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    I like your a and b in your last post. Very wise words indeed. I will remember them, they will be a useful prompt from time to time. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Hi Tilly, The 'good ol days' will always be memories. And the 'what if's' are 'what if's ' I'm afraid. I now and again think about where would my life be if I didn't become sick? My OH always pulls me back to the here and now, and I have to realise it's better to live in the here and now! cause tomorrow you may wake up and be stuck with a 'flare up' so cease the day make the most of it! I try to cause tomorrow you could wake up and your Arthur could have decided to get alot worse! or in my case spread! fingers crossed it may take alot longer! So if you wake up with a day like today make the most of it! I know my OH & I are in planning a world cruise! once dad's house sells and ('whisper' bubba goes to that giant scratch post in the sky!) we will be booking it!
    By the way I keep hearing the Benny Hill music in my head! du-du dur-ddduurr-du-du-du-du-dur-dur-du-du-du-du!! :lol:
  • Ros33
    Options
    Hey Tilly

Glad you are feeling better hope it lasts.

I just wondered if anyone else gets sick of people saying your flare up will go away once the weather gets better!!!!! :x There is not going to be some miracle just becuase the sun peeps out for a while!!!!!!! Sorry about that it's just about 4 people have said that this week and I'm sure it's true for some people but my whole body is being affected during this flare up and I can't see a couple of sunny days making much difference!

Is there any things that people say to you that get on your nerves??

love to hear from you all
    Roslynxx :smile:
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thanks DD, Amanda and Roslyn.

Very wise words Amanda - thankyou! Although I could do without the Benny Hill music which I now can't get out of my head either :lol: Oh a cruise sounds really lovely!

Oh Roslyn, you've really got me started now. Things that immediately spring to mind are "you are too young for arthritis", "oh yes, my granny has that" and "Have you tried the magic bongo-bongo bean, My friend took that and it cured her arthritis completely" :roll:

Just want to say a huge "thankyou" to all you lovely peeps for helping me over my "lapse in positivity". Today, for the first time, I can honestly say that I feel really, properly, better again. I have regained my perspective and feel able to cope now with the next chapter in my arthritis story. So, as Cris would say, the lid is now firmly back on that black hole.

So thanks again all - don't know what I would have done without your support this last week or so.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,716
    Options
    Oh sugar! Does that mean the Caribbean's off? What do we do with the parrot? Julie's only just shinned up on board. This is really very inconsiderate of you, Tillytop.

(Actually, it's terrific news. Well done, you!)
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Joke made up a by girl pupil aged 9 (spelling homework was cue, due, blue, clue etc ending with argue).

What do pirates like to do? Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargue!

I am glad to read that you are feeling much more like yourself again - that is very good news! DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    Options
    Morning Tilly....so glad you are feeling much better.

A world cruise.....sounds fantstic.

Have a lovely weekend, Just hope the weather holds up.

Juliepf x
  • bubbadog
    Options
    Good morning Tilly, So my work is done!! :smile: Will give the parrot to bubba (my puss!) only joking would never do that bubba is so layed back he would ignore it! You know where I am if you ever need me again. I feel I've made a few friends here already which has brightened my out look on life so thank you. :smile:
  • Ros33
    Options
    So glad to hear you are feeling better Tilly long may it last!!!! I am also having the best day i've had in a while there must be something in the air. Thanks for the comments on things people say I get alot of those too ha ha.

Hope you have a lovely weekend and this good spell continues :smile:
    Love Roslyn
  • tillytop
    Options
    Thanks Sticky, DD, Juliepf, Amanda and Roslyn

Parrot has retired to the AC garden, and I'm sure he will be very happy there for the time being (as long as he doesn't damage the veg beds, else he will be very much an ex-parrot! :lol:

Pirate ship is now moored safely but is fully stocked, ready to set sail again at a moment's notice if needed.

Thanks again all,

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    I am so pleased to hear that things are back to the usual ups and downs of life with arfur!!!