I've been to see my GP.

Options

Comments

• valval
    valval Member Posts: 14,911
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    we are here if you need us. i know you do not do((( hugs))) but i do and here some for you take care you are in my thoughts positive vibes coming your way val
    val
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Knowing you....you'll be about.....thinking about you and sending (((())))))

I know I know you dont do hugs....tough :lol::lol::lol:
    What about some wine.....would that be better? :lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Right, I have been a good girl and collected my bulging carrier bag of prescribed drugs. I will be taking the first citalopram tonight - my evening meds consist of just three sulphasalazine, which is nowhere near enough drug activity for me at that time of the day so I am pleased I can add in another.

Penny, I too have to take BP meds thanks to humira, I have been on sulph for years and I think that keeps the P bit of my PA at bay - I rarely get that part of it and I think that's why. Pain relief-wise I have cocos for day time but save the trammies for night as they do make me feel very dopey and I cannot work properly -I coach dyslexics and I need to be fairly alert! Talking of which my first has turned up - I have to go! Sorry. DD
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Well, I am off to a rocky start. I sat there yesterday and read through all the leaflets (I do this from time to time, it keeps me up-to-date with any revisions, side-effects info etc etc etc) but forgot to take the citalopram, so I did that first thing this morning, then after about an hour (and breakfast with two cuppas) I did the rest, the BP meds, the omep, the nap, the sulph and the FA (as it's Friday).

I have been sick. :sad: Too much all in one go, I guess, so I shall sit again with the leaflets and devise a timetable for pill taking. I freely admit that I have been getting increasingly sloppy in terms of what should be taken how and when and with what, much preferring the hospital method of everything in a cup and down the hatch in one go, but I fear that may not work with the addition of this new one. Its leaflet does say that caution must be exercised when one is on NSAIDs and perhaps it should. Comedians, actors, engines and serial pill takers all need one thing: good timing. DD
  • Poppyg1rl
    Poppyg1rl Member Posts: 1,245
    Options
    Hi DD, I'd agree wholeheartedly with spacing them out, im taking 10 tablets in the morning and I make sure I take the lanzoprazole first thing at 6am then half hour late the celebrex half hour after that the steroids and so on...
    I got sick last week after I'd swallowed the steroids and tramadol all in one go, my nurse told me how to take it when I phoned her for advice.
    Trial and error isn't it?
    Love and hugs as always xxx
    'grá agus solas'
    'Love and Light' translated from Irish. X
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    Mm. I’ve never been hugely enamoured of the hospital system ever since 1981 when they gave me my first stomach ulcers by insisting I swallowed my anti-inflammatories when delivered regardless of meal times. Fortunately they’re a little more enlightened these days.

Now I keep my lansoprazole and a glass of water at the side of my bed & swallow it first thing. By the time I’ve had breakfast I reckon it should be working and it’s OK to take the rest. If I’ve any doubts about any one a particular day I just hold ‘em back & give them their own private session later. It does irritate me tho’ that I’ve to devote so much thought to pill swallowing. And now that my throat’s kicking in I even have to turn capsules so that I’m swallowing the fractionally bigger end first to ensure the ‘join’ doesn’t catch my throat.

Ho hum. Better than the alternative, though.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I have configured a timetable. I have no time left for anything else if I do it sensibly so bollards to that idea.

sticky, I reckon you are onto a good thing, so I shall do the omep immediately on waking, then by the time I have tottered down to the ground floor enough time should have passed for the first cuppa and something resmembling food (I do struggle with eating first thing) then I'll do the BPs, nap and sulph. About 11am the steroids will follow, then at about 3pm the cit. That will leave only the sulph in the evening. This will, of course, all be bollocksed up on Sundays when one is pharting around with the alendronic acid. Is there no end to this rancid form of entertainment? DD
  • theresa4
    theresa4 Member Posts: 696
    Options
    Pills eh

My pain dullers say avoid alcohol so I do but it jumps in my glass that pesky red wine so I take them together funny thing is tehy work better that way. Only in the evening mind I havent jumped on the wine breakfast boat......yet..

On a serious note glad you went to the GP and got something to help you DD now if you can just sort out when to take it all youll be sorted.
    There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those. --Michael Nolan

Theresa xxx
  • cthornley
    cthornley Member Posts: 627
    Options
    DD
    sorry to hear things aren't going so great on the pill front. It is a bit of a balancing act. I had the same thing with my recent combination and it took a bit of trail and error for it not to make me ridiculously ill.

Bloody typical tho. Finally got the balancing act ok right in time to come back off them.
    Tip for extreme nausea if you can stand it - Marmite on toast really helps but its not for everybody. :smile:

Hope you get sorted soon and they start doing all the right stuff rather than sickness,
    Chrissie
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    I have read your other post but I'm a bit behind {like the cows tail :lol: } with things because been away for a couple of days.
    How's things???????

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Hi hileena, it's lovely to have you back, I hope you had a good time. How are things? Well, they have been better and I have no doubt they will be again, in time. It's an absolute **** this arthritis business, isn't it? How the hell does anyone manage it? DD
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    Not good at all.......I've got another post in where I called in to the local hospital on the way home.
    Glad to be back among friends
    As for tablets.....wait for this.....not my arthur ones but my epilepsy ones.....they must be taken....not just a matter of getting more pain if i dont take them....I've been taking them for a long time so it becomes a habit and if you said to me 10 mins later did you take your meds I wouldnt be sure.
    I have to take them morning lunch time {approx} and evening. In the evening I put the next days in a box and wrap it in my bra :lol: get up in the morning pick up the bra and tere they are......so I take them :lol: then the same box gets thrown into the bed.......go to bed at night, pull back the quilt and there they are....so take them :lol::lol: As for the lunch time one...thats very approx. so I set that on the coffee jar in the kitchen and remember some time.......Hileenas system :lol::lol::lol:
    Off to bed now.....Night.....hope you all have a reasonable night

Love
    Hileena
  • tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    Options
    One quick post then must try sleepies :shock:
    I have been on prozac now for a few months, what's that I hear you say... You, Tony, the happiest chappy on the forum taking woopwoop pills :eek: You can't possibly need them :eek:
    Well folks, contrary to the rumours, even I get low.. :lol:
    I have been struggling a little again recently, some of you know what has been going on, so I might ask for a review..
    DD, you are a true persperation, oops, inspiration my dear... It is certainly good to ask for help when you need it.. I am sure there are many more on here that are taking some form of help...
    After all, by default the majority of us must be living with dreadful pain on a daily basis.... Not an easy thing for anyone..

Your forum pals will always have your back though, I am sure that you know that.

:grin:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning DD

Just to let you know I am still thinking of you and hope you are feeling better today.

Take care
    Love Juliepf x
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi Daisy, I thought I had replied to this, but can't see my response!!! :roll:

It is difficult with the tabs, I find the sulfa doesn't like my metformin, it makes me vomit. It is a real nuisance trying to get all the meds spaced out correctly.

I hope you can sort a manageable plan.

Hows the weather your end, it is bucketing it down here, in true BH style!!!!!
  • tillytop
    tillytop Member Posts: 3,460
    Options
    Hey DD

How goes it? Sincerely hope no more sicky episodes! I have to say that I think Hileena's system for remembering pills is absolutely brilliant! Might try that myself I think. My "system" tends to be more like Hileena's lunchtime one - pills by the kettle till I have taken then, then moved to the other side of the kitchen so I know it's done. That's fine so long as I remember to move them again in the morning.

Thinking of you DD and hope those new pills kick in soon.

Lots love Tilly xxx
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,719
    Options
    hileena111 wrote:
    I have to take them morning lunch time {approx} and evening. In the evening I put the next days in a box and wrap it in my bra :lol: get up in the morning pick up the bra and tere they are......so I take them :lol: then the same box gets thrown into the bed.......go to bed at night, pull back the quilt and there they are....so take them :lol::lol: As for the lunch time one...thats very approx. so I set that on the coffee jar in the kitchen and remember some time.

Sheer genius, Hileena. Should be on the 'Simple Ideas' sticky. A bit 'gender specific' though. Any suggestions as to what the guys could wrap their in? (Keep it clean???)

DD, hope you're feeling better.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • tjt6768
    Options
    I'm not saying a word :shock: :shock: I've taken a super injunction out upon myself so I don't :shock: :shock: :lol::lol:

I admit to having to rely on my mobile, have am alarm that goes off four times a day reminding me to take my tablets. God only knows if in taking them all right, some take before food, some with, some after :shock: :roll: I don't eat half the time so can't follow that logic. I just spread them out with my paracetamol.. I do make sure my lanzoprazole is in with the morning dose though.
    Also have an alarm on the phone to go off every three days for the fentanyl patch.
    Where would I be without my trusty mobile :???: :eek:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • woodbon
    woodbon Member Posts: 4,969
    Options
    Hi, Yes, if you feel you need anti-depressants its good to feel you can ask your GP instead of hoping the suggestion will come from them. I've been on them for a while and I think they do help. Good luck and I hope you soon feel better.
    Love Sue :smile:
  • katie5
    katie5 Member Posts: 242
    Options
    hi DD

only just read the thread so apologies for not replying soon - been in my own little world of self pity but i've pulled myself together now and feel a bit embarrassed for wallowing (is that how you spell it).

hope the happy pills are helping - take care of yourself

big hugs

katie xx
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi Sticky
    Never thought about the simple ideas.....and you're right about gender specific.......come on......lets have some other suggestions :lol::lol:

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Afternoon all, I hope you are all as well as you can be. I am still yo-yoing in mood but not as extremely as I have been, so I hope that means that things are starting to improve. We have just got back from Felixstowe, we spent a pleasant couple of hours there in the sunshine.

I still haven't sorted out a meds timetable, I honestly cannot be bothered at the moment. It is on the 'to do' list (which must now number at least five thousand items) but I will get my head around it. One thing I have noticed however is that the melts have noticeably decreased: I am into my second week (I think) of 7.5 pred, which is not enough to help matters but the melting has definitely decreased. Woo-hoo! DD
  • tjt6768
    Options
    My dear friend.. I do hope that you can establish a decent meds regime, it could make a big coherence to how they work. I know, I'm no great example to follow but mine are different to yours..
    Glad that you at least got to see the sun, I think he's shy up here at the minute..

Keep thi chin up mi dear amigo

X
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • hileena111
    Options
    Hi DD
    The mets have decreased.......great news :grin::grin::grin:

Long may it continue

Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I am as flat as the proverbial pancake. :sad: It's enough to make a saint swear and I ain't no saint. Flat is preferable, however, to downright morose, so perhaps the citalopram is really makeing a difference. I hope so, the yo-yo-ing of mood has definitely eased, so that is a good thing. DD