I think I might have hurt myself.

Options

Comments

• tjt6768
    tjt6768 Member Posts: 12,170
    edited 30. Nov -1, 00:00
    Options
    Hi Amigo.... Firstly, I'm sorry for not being on lwa for a while.. Been slightly absent of late, am slapping the back of my hand as we speak, type etc....
    Secondly.... Bloody Hell wumman... What are you like?

I do hope that you are still recovering nicely hun. Please be careful eh? You know I worry....

I'll try get back to 'normal' and back to my posting ways soon.
    :wink:
    e050.gifMe-Tony
    n035.gifRa-1996 -2013 RIP...
    k040.gif
    Cleo - 1996 to 2011. RIP
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hi DD, sorry am late to this, haven't been online. Glad to hear you are recovering and are resting sensibly!!!
  • madwestie
    madwestie Member Posts: 383
    Options
    DD now i have pictures in my head of your bruised bum :shock: :shock:
    I am glad you are feeling a bit better but please take it easy I am sure little daisy will forgive you if she has to wait for her wash.
    By the way did the pasta sauce survive the "fall"... :lol:

I am glad you are using the more study seat now much safer

Tracey
  • dreamdaisy
    dreamdaisy Member Posts: 31,520
    Options
    Hello to everyone who has taken the time to reply, I thank you all yet again for your kind words and thoughts. I am not feeling too bonny at the moment, so I am about to settle down and go to sleep. I drove Daisy as I had to go and fill a prescription but it was a little too much to do all in one go and I am paying for it now. I could not reverse her back onto the drive - I also had to put out the re-cycling bin and that was very heavy and quite awkward - much like meself really! :smile: I will be back tomorrow, will try to reply to you all individually - I hope we all have a good night, yes?

Oh, Penny44, I do want to say that Veronica is an absolute wonder. She has kept my joints massaged and eased for a number of years - I do recommend a sports phsio for a massage, they know their stuff, they know when to be gentle and when not and the difference she makes to my knotted muscles and grumbly joints . . . . . . cor.
    Have you got the despatches? No, I always walk like this. Eddie Braben
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Have a good sleeep dd and I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Take care
    love Juliepf x
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Hi DD
    Hope you are in bed now....that post was 6.51 and somehow i think you were still up a lot later than that :eek:
    Your drive seems the same as my one and only drive in pixi...I managed but was so sore afterwards.
    As for reversing in???? I never could....not even before arthur :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I can just about reverse my scooter and that only because it makes one heck of a noise and I expect people to get out of my way :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • stickywicket
    stickywicket Member Posts: 27,715
    Options
    Morning RainbowBottom,

How’s things today? On balance maybe not the best idea to take Daisy for a ride or fight recycling bins but I like an optimist and, as long as you’re no worse for it today, why not? One has to strike a balance between being sensible and being bored out of one’s skull.
    If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Reversing has bever been a problem but at the moment it ain't easy 'cos of the twisting that is required and the placement of certain bruises. :shock:

I am pleased to report that things are feeling a deal easier today so this is not my cue to go rushing about like a mad thing (as if I ever do) but to take another gentle day. And I will. DD

Rainbow bottom? How come you've seen the picture? :grin:
  • weejean
    weejean Member Posts: 346
    Options
    Aw DD, I have just read this post and although I am a bit late in getting here I just want to wish you a speedy recovery from your spectacular fall. I think you are right to have another quiet and relaxing day to make sure you dont over do it. I really admire how upbeat you are and your posts make me smile. Hope you have a good day.
    Big Hugs
    Jean xx
  • suzygirl
    suzygirl Member Posts: 2,005
    Options
    Hope a day of taking it easy, helps your recovery along.

As for reversing on to the drive, I have enough trouble going forwards lol
  • stickywicket
    Options
    dreamdaisy wrote:
    Rainbow bottom? How come you've seen the picture? :grin:

Picture? No. Spycam.
    Steven Wright
  • julie47
    julie47 Member Posts: 6,041
    Options
    Morning DD

Its good to read that things are getting a little easier by the day.

Hope the bruises are now starting to fade.

The rest you are so sensibly having is working wonders.

Take care
    Love juliepf x
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,944
    Options
    Hi DD
    how are you feeling today.i bet it felt good to be driving daisy
    again.
    you take care. joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • constable
    constable Member Posts: 2,115
    Options
    Hi DD

Sorry I only got back today so have only just seen your thread. I am so sorry that you had a nasty fall.

How are things for you today? I do hope you are starting to feel better, you have to get your new stool tomorrow. Or, you could send Mr DD to get you one.

I am sending you very gentle hugs.

Karen xx
    Karen xx
  • joanlawson
    joanlawson Member Posts: 8,681
    Options
    Better late than never :!: I've only just read this sorry saga so apologies for not wishing you a speedy recovery from your fall sooner DD. The thought of your leg all twisted up under you made me wince with pain on your behalf. I'm so glad to hear that no permanent damage was done.

Joan :grin:
    c1b3ebebbad638aa28ad5ab6d40cfe9c.gif
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Morning Rainbow.

How goes it? I hope the knee is in recovery and the ankle has responded to its jab.
    Steven Wright
  • barbara12
    barbara12 Member Posts: 21,281
    Options
    hi DD
    Im just checking up on you, its good to see you are driving again...bet you feel a bit more human....now you take care xx
    Love
    Barbara
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Morning my lovelies. Sticky, I fel absolutely no need to reply to your post seeing as how you are watching me, all big-brotherish!

I went out for a short while yesterday and looked at a proper, designed-for-the-job-folding perching stool. £95 before VAT. :shock: I think I am VAT-exempt tho, as I am registered disabled. The non-folding ones are cheaper but our kitchen is far too small for a non folder. I wanted to take Mr DD to see it today but the shop is shut. It is only open Monday to Friday, 9 to 5. How convenient for the staff, none of whom are disabled (and who are Plymouth Brethren. I always imagine them falling to their knees after a customer has left, praising God for a continual supply of hurty people who need their goods. Yup, wrong on all fronts, I know). Je suis exasperated. I think I'll stick with the Mowbray, but need to get a plank to go over the shaped (and holey) seat, I tend to sink thro the gap (it's not meant for long use!) and I can just see me getting wedged, Pooh-like, in my loo frame! :lol:

My bum hurts, my left leg is painful as all the bruising is down the back of it and when you are resting, oddly enough, it's the back of the leg that bears the pressure of said resting, my right ankle is hurting again (three days of no pain and not able to feel the true benefit 'cos of the stupid accident) so, true to form, the steroid has worn off. Great.

I suspect that DD may well turn into a short-tempered grump today. Not good enough, eh? I need to sort meself out.

Joanlawson? How lovely of you to post on my thread, I really appreciate it, thank you - we don't often see you over here! You set me thinking with your 'cat' post on Ra's thread, you really have. Ideas are stirring. :wink:
  • stickywicket
    Options
    DD, if you are falling through the hole, for all you keep calling yourself a FATBROAD, you are obviously not fat enough. It's a message to start eating seriously. Mars bars, as I remember.

I don't know much (anything, really) about perching stools but in their kitchen section Amazon have the folding ones for around £30. I went to the trouble of looking it up because I'm not happy about the plank idea. Planks slide. Another encounter with the floor might even things up on the multicolour front but is it really what you need?

What is it about disability shops & Plymouth brethren? Ours used to be (wo)manned by them too.

I'm sorry about the various areas of pain. If your heels are OK could you raise them up so's the back of your leg doesn't actually rest on anything?

I, too, am verging on grump mode. I do not feel like 'sorting myself out', more like taking on all-comers. Better log off and attack Mr SW - first.
    Steven Wright
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Oh dear, sticky, I am so sorry that the grumps are hitting you too. It's not just the leg and bum that hurts, my shoulders are a little off too as a result of the stool collapse, and I wanted to get some ironing done but not, alas, today. Mr DD shall shortly be returning, I may suggest a sojourn in our local hostelry.

I too have looked at Amazon, and a few other places too, but I feel inclined to get summat that is purpose-built, with the needs of a disabled person paramount, not style and colour. Let's face it, there is nothing quite like institutional white metal tubing and grey plastic moulded seating to provide that final designer touch to one's home.

As regards the plank on the Mowbray, its hole is quite generous (for obvious reasons :oops: ) and, as I tend to be clad in at least a nightie when cooking, I have discovered that cloth is more slippery than the lumpen-porridge stuff I call skin (the stuff which holds my insides in, as the rhyme went) . I can honestly envisage my standing up and the frame coming with me! :grin: It has quite long legs ('cos I do) and I could cause real havoc in our small kitchen wiv me frame stuck to me backside! Hee-hee! I am going to try a large cushion first, but not untiul Monday. Mr DD is on cheffing duties for the next two nights: reeeeeesuuuult! Thank you for looking, though, I appreciate your concern. Ballerinas eh? What larks, Pip, what larks! DD
  • dachshund
    dachshund Member Posts: 8,944
    Options
    Hi DD
    we have a shower chair that you can also put over the toilet
    it has a plastic seat that fits over the hole that came with it.
    how are you feeling now.
    joan xx
    take care
    joan xx
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    Ah that's an idea - thank you Joan, it may be time to update my toilet frame! I am not doing too badly, Mr DD has just offered to take me to the pub. DD likes this. :grin: Now, you take things easy and carefully, please, hopping is all well and good but only to be done in moderation.
  • stickywicket
    Options
    Oh dear, DD, there's not much of you that's in good working order right now, is there? I hope the hostelry helped. Inability to iron? Not sure whether that's a minus or a plus.

From what you say, I do think the Mowbray thing needs sorting asap. A rearectomy could be a tricky op - so embarrasing in A&E.
    Steven Wright
  • hileena111
    hileena111 Member Posts: 7,099
    Options
    Morning Grumpy :lol::lol:
    When you said you were out ysterday does that mean you took Daisy out? :?:
    Left leg and right ankle sore...thats not good for driving is it? especially the right one.....when its the left one....I go where i know, stick the car in one gear and stay in that gear as much as possible :lol::lol::lol: but its my left side/buttock/whatever they decide eventrually and that hurts more so take care.
    Going to the pub today?? :wink:
    Whatever you do...take it easy.....I suppose moving your arm wont do any damage :lol::lol::lol:
    Love
    Hileena
  • dreamdaisy
    Options
    I not only took Daisy out, I was able to reverse her onto the drive. We did go to the pub, it was fun. Then we came home and Mr DD cheffed and had more beer and I didn't do either of those things. Then I went to bed, he fell asleep on the sofa and poured rum down his white Tshirt. His gout is back, and in some style. He is insisting on wearing flip-flops. Twerp. His mum rammed his gouty foot with her shopping trolley whilst they were in Tesco (gout and flip-flops? What do men acutally have for brains?) He is on the diclos and they aren't doing much to help.

I managed to do a little ironing this morning and now I wish to whoever that I hadn't. Us DDs are not doing too well. :roll: It's gonna be a quiet afternoon.